Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Paulee
    • By Paulee 23rd Aug 17, 3:59 PM
    • 171Posts
    • 43Thanks
    Paulee
    Indigo - desperate, so parked in wrong place
    • 23rd Aug 17, 3:59 PM
    Indigo - desperate, so parked in wrong place 23rd Aug 17 at 3:59 PM
    I go to France tomorrow for a week and come back a day after a 2 week period expires where I can pay a reduced (£60) fine for parking wrongly on a local railway station carpark. I was just about to pay this fine when I decided to “Google” Indigo, to see if anything showed up which might influence this decision. I only wish that I’d had the foresight to do this when I first received the penalty notice!
    The Telford Central railway station has a very busy carpark. This carpark is the only one available for the station as it is well away from the town centre carparks for Telford. There is no chance of parking elsewhere and being able to walk back to station carpark. On 18.7.17. We parked our car on a grass verge alongside the carpark as it was full and with our train arriving shortly. We could think of no other alternative and this area is used regularly for parking their works vehicle by Network Rail. In addition the railway carpark is also used by nearby office staff and part of it is currently sectioned off as a storage area for future building work. When we arrived back from a trip to London we had a ticket stuck to the windscreen. My wife sent a letter appealing this penalty the next day. By chance, we didn’t mention who was driving, but we did confirm the occupants as my wife and me. We received a letter from Indigo, with no name on it, dated 17.8.17. rejecting our appeal. The letter stated that we had been wrongly parked on land managed by them and that we could further appeal this to POPLA but if we lost we would likely have to pay their costs and the full £100 penalty.
    I have sent a letter to my M.P. asking for help , complete with the letter we sent to Indigo and their reply (no reply from M.P. as yet). We’ve had no other correspondence from Indigo.
    If you can help me I would be most obliged and thank you in anticipation.
Page 2
    • Paulee
    • By Paulee 10th Sep 17, 11:29 PM
    • 171 Posts
    • 43 Thanks
    Paulee
    I do know her and she has been quite helpful in the past. I'll get in contact and report back.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 11th Sep 17, 12:06 AM
    • 50,083 Posts
    • 63,473 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Show her the Hansard record of this. MPs are waking up to the cowboy industry and action is in hand:

http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/2017/03/parliament-discuss-unfair-parking.html

and tell her about the new Bill which we as a group are backing and trying to get MPs completely on board.

This is a copy of a post by Bargepole on here:

"Some action at last:

http://services.parliament.uk/bills/2017-19/parkingcodeofpractice.html

This Private Member's Bill has Government and cross-party support, and stands a good chance of making it into statute.

The full text of the clauses will be published nearer the date of the second reading, but my sources tell me it's something we should support.

Now would be a good time to write to your MP urging them to support it."
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• Paulee
    • By Paulee 13th Sep 17, 4:51 PM
    • 171 Posts
    • 43 Thanks
    Paulee
    13 page POPLA Appeal now submitted .

I've learned so much about this process and now understand quite a lot about parking on private land. Furthermore, I'm quite pleased with "my" statement - (a bit of a descriptive liberty) and I'm hoping for the best. Having started from the point of being completely overwhelmed by the amount of information to read and try to understand on this amazing site, to now having the knowledge to challenge a PPC is very satisfying.

I will now start to compile a letter to my M.P., Lucy Allan, about the PMB and update her on my progress.

Thank you all so very much for the support and encouragement you have given me and others, in the same unfortunate position .
    Last edited by Paulee; 13-09-2017 at 4:52 PM. Reason: grammer
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,860Posts Today

5,010Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @thismorning: 'Sometimes the best gift is releasing somebody else from the obligation of having to give to you' says @MartinSLewis. Do y?

• Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Follow Martin