Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • castle96
    • By castle96 8th Jul 17, 12:26 PM
    • 1,594Posts
    • 269Thanks
    castle96
    TV Fox Antenna
    • 8th Jul 17, 12:26 PM
    TV Fox Antenna 8th Jul 17 at 12:26 PM
    Anyone (UK) got one. Does it work ? Is this all snake oil. Reception ?
    Most importantly, is it tied up with your computer in some way ? Ie, do you 'stream'. Their bumpf talks about receiving "signals from the tower", but surely, the signals from my nearest tower are all the BBC/ITV 'type'. No Sky type channels (pick any one), come from a tower......
    Any comments please.
    I use a kodi, I use mobdro, but still retain Sky as it is instant/dependable/easy, ie no fiddling around/waiting for downloads, pick a streaming source, programme not the same as in the paper.
    Thanks
Page 1
    • unforeseen
    • By unforeseen 8th Jul 17, 12:59 PM
    • 1,598 Posts
    • 2,051 Thanks
    unforeseen
    • 8th Jul 17, 12:59 PM
    • 8th Jul 17, 12:59 PM
    As it is designed for US TV transmission then I doubt it works in he UK. All the advertising is aimed at the American market. I cant find anything about UK use.

Even if it did it would only pick up freeview channels.
    • castle96
    • By castle96 8th Jul 17, 2:44 PM
    • 1,594 Posts
    • 269 Thanks
    castle96
    • 8th Jul 17, 2:44 PM
    • 8th Jul 17, 2:44 PM
    right... I was reading reviews from Reading saying it was great ! Maybe Reading USA
    • Rodders53
    • By Rodders53 8th Jul 17, 5:09 PM
    • 393 Posts
    • 277 Thanks
    Rodders53
    • 8th Jul 17, 5:09 PM
    • 8th Jul 17, 5:09 PM
    It's snake oil... This 'antenna' aka aerial is just the same as any of the amplified room aerials by SLX and One for All and others. It'll only work in strong signal areas where a bit of wire poked in the aerial socket would work nearly as well.

It is - of course - only suitable for terrestrial broadcasts, not satellite.

The website changes currency and flag based on where the interrogating IP address is sited - so UK IPs get the union jack and £s.
    • silichip
    • By silichip 9th Aug 17, 7:57 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    silichip
    • 9th Aug 17, 7:57 PM
    • 9th Aug 17, 7:57 PM
    TVFox are being sold on Amazon in the UK and seem to have good reviews written
    about this product but only reception are DVB. Amazon link: j.mp/tvfox-uk-antenna
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

259Posts Today

1,072Users online

Martin's Twitter