Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • dialdfordave
    • By dialdfordave 19th Jun 17, 11:31 PM
    • 16Posts
    • 7Thanks
    dialdfordave
    Lycamobile UK in breach of roaming regulations
    • 19th Jun 17, 11:31 PM
    Lycamobile UK in breach of roaming regulations 19th Jun 17 at 11:31 PM
    Hi all,

I just thought I'd post to highlight that Lycamobile UK is in breach of the recently implemented EU roaming regulations.

Full details can be seen at http://www.lycamobile.co.uk/en/eu-roaming-is-changing?awc=6021_1497910292_6a0789e4709773da9fbf3 8c4d06a516b where they state:

"Please note that you will no longer be able to use bundle allowances while roaming."

and also:

"Customers who use our EU roaming services enjoy FREE incoming calls for up to 200 minutes per month after which you will be charged at 1p/min."

Both of these are clearly contradictory to the spirit and wording of the regulations.

Dave
Page 1
    • ike12
    • By ike12 9th Sep 17, 7:41 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    ike12
    • 9th Sep 17, 7:41 AM
    • 9th Sep 17, 7:41 AM
    Yeah, I saw that on their website and thought like same unprofessional stuff again. they treat clients as brainless. I've experienced quite many problems with this provider like waiting A FEW DAYS when abroad the "feel like home" be activated so I couldn't use my phone basically as I'd converted my account money into a bundle. Or being unable to connect to any network abroad with a new sim previously activated in the UK and after topping up. Just examples. I'd be happy to see them fined heavily or best deprived of the licence
    • Ian011
    • By Ian011 9th Sep 17, 10:18 AM
    • 1,864 Posts
    • 1,055 Thanks
    Ian011
    • 9th Sep 17, 10:18 AM
    • 9th Sep 17, 10:18 AM
    The page seems to have changed in recent weeks:

http://www.lycamobile.co.uk/en/eu-roaming-is-changing
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,888Posts Today

7,487Users online

Martin's Twitter