Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Bernie248
    • By Bernie248 16th Jun 17, 6:46 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Bernie248
    Trust or ISA for my children
    • 16th Jun 17, 6:46 PM
    Trust or ISA for my children 16th Jun 17 at 6:46 PM
    Hi,
    I'm looking for some advice. I'm a single older mother to 7 year old twins and want to ensure they have enough money to be looked after in the future, in the event something happens to me. I'm just about to sell a flat I half own with my ex partner and want to put my share of it away for my children. In other words the money is to be made over to them, perhaps part of which could be put away till they are 18, but some of it needs to be available just in case the unthinkable does happen and I'm no longer around. Any advice please? Thanks
Page 1
    • xylophone
    • By xylophone 16th Jun 17, 6:57 PM
    • 21,974 Posts
    • 12,672 Thanks
    xylophone
    • 16th Jun 17, 6:57 PM
    • 16th Jun 17, 6:57 PM
    You have seen a solicitor and made a will and appointed guardians/trustees for your children?

Do you have any pension provision/insurance written in trust that would be available for the children?

You could use a JISA for each of the children that would be available to them individually at 18 but you could invest/deposit money in your own name giving directions in your will as to what was to happen to your assets in the event of your death before the children reach adulthood.

You could consult an Independent Financial Adviser.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,730Posts Today

7,255Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin