Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • shala_moo
    • By shala_moo 30th Apr 17, 3:17 PM
    • 3,236Posts
    • 27,130Thanks
    shala_moo
    Be a Stunner for Summer - Slimming World support thread 2017
    • 30th Apr 17, 3:17 PM
    Be a Stunner for Summer - Slimming World support thread 2017 30th Apr 17 at 3:17 PM
    MoneySavingExpert.com Insert

Huge thanks to shala_moo for starting this challenge and keeping everyone motivated along with her in her goal to lose weight for summer. She's used the content from previous challenges, which explains what Slimming World's about, how it might help you etc. As some of the info in this first post may be from Slimming World itself it may sound a bit "adverty".

Back to shala_moo's support thread..

-----------

Shiny new thread, with all the info carried over as follows:-

Slimming World and Food Optimising is a plan for life, it's not a quick fix and you should look at weight losses over a period of time. There are no prizes for speed of weight loss.

You need to commit to making changes to the food that you buy and how you cook it, because what you've been doing in the past hasn't got you to where you want to be.

You can't use parts of the plan that suit you and forget the rest.

If you are not prepared to make a commitment to change the behaviour that has got you into your current situation then nothing is going to change, and above all things, you need to be honest and accountable for every single mouthful of food that passes your lips.

You need to care enough to take time out to pre-plan your slimming campaign. Look again at the menu plans and see the variety and volume of food you can eat. All you have to lose is the weight.

Slimming World has been successfully helping people lose weight for over forty years, so trust them and read your Food Optimising books again and again.

Food Optimising is easy but life isn't. Losing weight is a battle but you have the battle plan in your food optimising book, your secret weapon is free food, and that, together with your healthy extras and syns add up to a healthy way of eating that can (and should) be a life plan. Success is there waiting for you………go for it!

If you fancy having a go at EE, here are the official 'rules' to ensure that you not only lose weight regularly but get all the nutrition your body needs to function well:-

Extra Easy:

1: Choose your Free Food

Most of the food you eat should come from the free foods list – so that’s pasta, rice, potatoes, lean meat, poultry, fish, fruit and vegetables.

And for super-fast, super healthy results, fill one third of your plate with Speed Foods!

2: Choose your Healthy Extras

Each day select one Healthy Extra ‘a’ choice and one Healthy Extra ‘b’ choice from our simplified list of calcium and fibre-filled foods, including milk, cheese, bread, nuts and cereal.

3: Enjoy 5-15 Syns each day

-------------------------------------------------------------

If you find your weight loss has slowed down or stopped, check:-

1. Whether everything you're counting as Free, is Free

2. Whether you're under-estimating Syn values (over-estimate if guessing)

3. Whether you're counting everything that should be counted

4. Whether you're measuring everything that should be measured

5. Whether you're sabotaging your success in any other way (using SAS logs will help uncover individual long-term self-sabotage patterns) and, if none of these is the culprit, either...........

A: increase the proportion of Speed Foods to half of your plate
    B: switch to more Speed Foods

or

C: try Extra Easy SP - details are on this link - https://www.minimins.com/threads/extra-easy-sp-plan.348340/

And above all, if you follow the plan, any plan, 100% you will lose weight!

Remember we are all here to support each other, and to have fun, and to share in any little disappointments.

Link to the List of Healthy Extras as at April 14

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/...postcount=4853

List of Speed foods here - Fruits & Vegetables

We have a Facebook group open to anyone joining us on this thread; to join please mention it in your post or drop Lushlifesaver a PM and an existing member can send you an invite.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 19-06-2017 at 9:41 AM.
    Mortgage = £166,050£124,896.91
    Mortgage Offset % = 26.05%
    Mortgage Neutral Date = Dec 2036 Feb 2027
    SW target - 54lb/31.5lb
Page 72
    • Saver-upper
    • By Saver-upper 14th Jun 17, 11:01 PM
    • 1,562 Posts
    • 11,987 Thanks
    Saver-upper
    Today's menu:

Breakfast: bacon,eggs,baked beans,tomato,spinach,onion

Snack: mandarine

Lunch: vegetable tagine: butternut squash,onion,tinned tomato,garlic.Didn't have any rice with it.
    Followed by a peach yoghurt (free)

Snack: caramel rice cake (3.5 syns),nectarine

Tea: small jacket potato,bacon,egg mayonnaise (1 syn),creme fraiche (2 syns),sweet chilli sauce (3 syns),cheese (3 syns)

Snack: chocolate rice cakes (3.5syns)

Water:2.1 litres .First time I have reach the 2L mark,I think.
    Brisk walking:50 minutes

HEA: haven't had many cups of tea today,so might even be able to split my HEA's (milk in tea,and cheese with potato).Will measure out the milk later,and see if I can split them.

HEB: about to have 2 hifi bars
    Last edited by Saver-upper; 14-06-2017 at 11:27 PM.
    Roadkill Rebel #14,2016:£35.50 £12,000in2016 #82=£3163
    SPC #155 x 7.SPC7=£751.10 SPC8=£651.04 SPC9=£843.00
    Pinecone £289,Valued Opinions £10.50,Grocery Challenge June 17: £50.68/250

• Mad with money
    • By Mad with money 15th Jun 17, 6:12 AM
    • 91 Posts
    • 651 Thanks
    Mad with money
    ..... Quickly flying in.....

Sorry I have been awol, but I have been plodding on slowly. I think I owe two weeks of results which were 1/2 lb & 1lb. Slow and steady is my middle name lol

Hope is everyone is ok x
    • candyapple
    • By candyapple 15th Jun 17, 10:29 AM
    • 589 Posts
    • 4,108 Thanks
    candyapple
    Hi everyone

Nice loss on the scales yesterday morning which I was very happy to see, hopefully I have my mojo back its been a long time coming!

Well done all you losers this week big hugs for gainers/strugglers

Slightly off plan yesterday. I had Special K for brekkie (non hexb I am guessing but I didn't want those nasty oats which made me ill), lunch was a subway salad and some crisps. We went to the chippy yesterday evening which I'd normally really look forward to, had sausage chips & curry sauce which I didn't enjoy (and an apple tango which I did ) but afterwards I felt really off and ended up in bed for 7pm with a massive headache and feeling sick. I really need to learn to treat myself in other ways than with food that is bad for me - feeling urgh is definitely not a treat

Anyhow onwards and upwards, today's food:

B - cup of tea and a satsuma its all I fancy at the moment
    L - BNS soup with hexb GF bread
    T - beef casserole with mash/wedges and sprouts

Trying to get into the habit of drinking more water, not sure I have managed the recommended 2 litres in a long long time!

Another lovely sunny day here

• joedenise
    • By joedenise 15th Jun 17, 2:21 PM
    • 4,585 Posts
    • 33,920 Thanks
    joedenise
    Candyapple - glad you've got your mojo back. How much did you lose - you didn't say!

Decided to go to WI this morning - according to my scales it was a half pound loss but thought it might be more as I was able to get back into an old pair of trousers which I definitely can't wear when I'm in the top half of target range or out of it!

It was a loss of 1lb which has taken me 0.5lb below my actual target. Have about a month before we go away and ideally I'd like to get nearer to bottom end before that.

Today's plan:

B - flat peach, grapes after WI
    L - BBQ'd pork - sliced - salad in a WM pitta
    D - butchers low fat sausages, chips & beans; followed by mixed fruit, quark, mini meringue

HEA - milk
    HEB - pitta
    Syns - sausages 1; mini meringue 1; wine 15

Off to chop up my pineapple now which is finally ripe enough to eat - been sitting on the worktop for a week!

Denise
    • Top Girl
    • By Top Girl 15th Jun 17, 5:21 PM
    • 1,037 Posts
    • 7,252 Thanks
    Top Girl
    Nauseous me here again!

B/D Jacket potato with leftover Bolognese sauce, cheese (HEXA) and an apple

T - Stirfry

Syns - Gingerbread men (8)

Anyone have the syns for Bernard Matthews turkey drummers please?
    • joedenise
    • By joedenise 15th Jun 17, 5:54 PM
    • 4,585 Posts
    • 33,920 Thanks
    joedenise
    Nauseous me here again!

B/D Jacket potato with leftover Bolognese sauce, cheese (HEXA) and an apple

T - Stirfry

Syns - Gingerbread men (8)

Anyone have the syns for Bernard Matthews turkey drummers please?
    Originally posted by Top Girl
    The you get over the nauseousness soon. If you're anything like me it was right up to the last day!!!!!

The turkey drummers are quite high at 3.5 syns each.

Denise
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 15th Jun 17, 6:35 PM
    • 49,558 Posts
    • 573,974 Thanks
    bubbs
    Evening all
    Very disappointed with 1/2lb loss
    Well done all the losers
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15

-3 st 4 1/2 lb week 21
    • wizkid1
    • By wizkid1 15th Jun 17, 6:49 PM
    • 1,819 Posts
    • 14,949 Thanks
    wizkid1
    Good evening everyone,this is my Friday menu plan.

Breakfast.. porridge A/B mixed berries.

Lunch.. veg soup, bread 6 syns clementine.

Dinner..fish B s/w chips peas, lemon. F f yoghurt.

Extra.. 2 crispbreads / butter 5 syns
    11 syns.
    • tweets
    • By tweets 15th Jun 17, 7:40 PM
    • 28,425 Posts
    • 408,864 Thanks
    tweets
    Evening all
    Very disappointed with 1/2lb loss
    Well done all the losers
    Originally posted by bubbs
    bubbs a loss is a loss well done

Oh the dognut peaches are still 49p in Tesco
    Lost 3st-1.5lb
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 15th Jun 17, 8:52 PM
    • 49,558 Posts
    • 573,974 Thanks
    bubbs

Originally posted by tweets
    I know the only thing diff i did was have more carbs, im knocking them on the head again this week anyway , so see if it makes a diff, i have diabetic nurse thurs
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15

-3 st 4 1/2 lb week 21
    • TakeItEazy
    • By TakeItEazy 15th Jun 17, 10:32 PM
    • 2,170 Posts
    • 14,614 Thanks
    TakeItEazy

Originally posted by tweets

Not sure I want dognuts!
    Its not what you do but the way that you do it, thats what get results
    Keep the Faith All

Heartbroken 12.12.13
    • Saver-upper
    • By Saver-upper 16th Jun 17, 12:37 AM
    • 1,562 Posts
    • 11,987 Thanks
    Saver-upper
    Today's menu:

Breakfast:bacon,eggs,baked beans,tomato,onion

Lunch; 2 eggs mashed with mayonnaise (1.5 syns),1yoghurt (free)

Snack: nectarine

Tea: Sainsbury lamb shank (3 syns),mashed potato (1/2 syn for marg,milk from allowance),swede,beetroot,tomatoes

Snack: chocolate rice cakes (3.5 syns)

Snack: 2 Hifi bars (HEB)

Snack: caramel rice cake (2.5 syns)

HEA:skimmed milk in cups of tea

Water:1600ml

30 minutes brisk walking
    Last edited by Saver-upper; 16-06-2017 at 12:40 AM.
    Roadkill Rebel #14,2016:£35.50 £12,000in2016 #82=£3163
    SPC #155 x 7.SPC7=£751.10 SPC8=£651.04 SPC9=£843.00
    Pinecone £289,Valued Opinions £10.50,Grocery Challenge June 17: £50.68/250

• wizkid1
    • By wizkid1 16th Jun 17, 8:10 AM
    • 1,819 Posts
    • 14,949 Thanks
    wizkid1
    Good morning, I would like to report a 1lb loss. Sorry I can't do red and bold. Please don't miss it Shala x

Nice and steady.
    • tweets
    • By tweets 16th Jun 17, 8:33 AM
    • 28,425 Posts
    • 408,864 Thanks
    tweets
    Not sure I want dognuts!
    Originally posted by TakeItEazy

Went back and checked and hadnt realised I posted that . Sat here laughing now
    Lost 3st-1.5lb
    • tweets
    • By tweets 16th Jun 17, 8:35 AM
    • 28,425 Posts
    • 408,864 Thanks
    tweets
    Good Morning

well done wizkid on your loss

Well done on all the other losers
    Lost 3st-1.5lb
    • candyapple
    • By candyapple 16th Jun 17, 8:59 AM
    • 589 Posts
    • 4,108 Thanks
    candyapple
    Candyapple - glad you've got your mojo back. How much did you lose - you didn't say!
    Originally posted by joedenise
    3.5lbs I'm not on the challenge so didn't want to confuse our shala. Most likely once I join the challenge there'll be no losses like that!

Not sure I want dognuts!
    Originally posted by TakeItEazy

I love doughnut peaches, found some in Tesco yesterday I've not seen them anywhere for ages. I seem to have gone off bananas lately, there was a time where I couldn't bear not to have any in my fruit bowl, its been weeks now since I ate one. Weird how tastes can change!

• Ruthy1604
    • By Ruthy1604 16th Jun 17, 10:10 AM
    • 522 Posts
    • 4,992 Thanks
    Ruthy1604
    Morning all.

Over the moon with a 2lb loss last night. I'm really surprised as my head has not been in it this week. I'm still running 3 times a week and making good choices, and its obviously helped.

Need to get my focus back though

Ruthy
    10lb to lose & keep off in 2017 4.5lb/10lb
    Save 12K in 2017 Number 74 £9845/£30000
    • lantanna
    • By lantanna 16th Jun 17, 12:26 PM
    • 2,546 Posts
    • 18,798 Thanks
    lantanna
    Sorry for the leave of absence lol, I'm back now. Happy belated birthday Kathyrn. Hope you are well.

Been a crazy busy couple of weeks and been off plan. Only got back on yesterday.

Back to group on Monday night to rejoin and back to the gym tomorrow.

I got a new job (finally) so I've been busy doing interviews, handing in my notice and dealing with the backlash from that lol.

Off to work for a charity that supports disabled people into work so I'm looking forward to a nice change and greater job satisfaction.

Just have to get through my 5 weeks notice period first!
    3 stone 13.5 lbs to target

• orlao
    • By orlao 16th Jun 17, 2:07 PM
    • 1,050 Posts
    • 2,194 Thanks
    orlao
    Well done the losers - but I'm not one of you!
    +1lb please Shala

Have to admit that I'm annoyed with that, at top end of target despite thinking that I'd been on plan for the past couple of weeks - I didn't even have any birthday cake yesterday!!!!

Anyway, onwards and downwards, an SP week is calling I think as it's 2 weeks to starting my new job (and I don't want to look like a sausage in a suit!) and a month to a big family wedding...

Have a lovely weekend everyone
    • candyapple
    • By candyapple 16th Jun 17, 2:28 PM
    • 589 Posts
    • 4,108 Thanks
    candyapple
    Good morning, I would like to report a 1lb loss. Sorry I can't do red and bold. Please don't miss it Shala x

Nice and steady.
    Originally posted by wizkid1

Well done wiz thought I'd help you out there well done ruthy too

Happy birthday kathryn hope you're having a good day

Well done lantanna on the new job

So I'm thinking of going to group after 2 years-ish of being on SW. I'm hugely scared and nervous about it but I need to come out of my comfort zone and stop being a scaredy cat about silly stuff like new situations & new people. Although just typing this out is making me nervous so lord help me

I do need to get out of the house and start talking to people in the real world though (don't get much of that at the moment). And I'm hoping that having the extra pressure of having to justify any gains will make me try harder because aside from this week's loss it's not really happening at the moment. So I haven't a clue what to expect! I'm assuming I'll have a new member talk which I don't mind, always good to get a refresh of things. But do I need to take anything with me apart from my purse?

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

213Posts Today

1,393Users online

Martin's Twitter