Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • hairray
    • By hairray 18th Jan 17, 7:14 PM
    • 42Posts
    • 15Thanks
    hairray
    CPM Penalty Ticket Assistance Required
    • 18th Jan 17, 7:14 PM
    CPM Penalty Ticket Assistance Required 18th Jan 17 at 7:14 PM
    I would really appreciate the advice of members on MSE.

I was recently issued with a ticket for parking in my parking space at our newly acquired property.

I appealed the ticket on the basis that it is my designated parking space and CPM failed to provide me with a permit, I parked from the 13th September to 7th November with no issue.

The appeal was rejected by both CPM and their appointed appeals company.

Our property is a leasehold, I have contacted the land owner who has told me that because I have appealed it, they are unable to assist. They have tried.

Having read through some of the other threads on MSE it appears to be a case of ignoring them, is this the right thing to do?

The invoice started at £60 and is now £100, the most recent letter from CPM threatens a charge of £149.

I am a little worried about it, I just cant seem to justify paying to park in my own space.

They have given me an opportunity to clarify if I was the designated driver when the invoice was issued.

I would be grateful for your opinion on the matter.
Page 4
    • Johnersh
    • By Johnersh 20th Apr 17, 6:55 PM
    • 38 Posts
    • 51 Thanks
    Johnersh
    Still comes back to the lease. If you are not required to display a lease a private contractor cannot compel you to. If the private contractor did not provide you with a permit and they should have done than they cannot ticket you.

"The purpose of the parking strategy is to stop people that are not entitled to park in allocated spaces at Kings Park" (i.e. not to stop lawful users having enjoyment of the property) - the banal response wholly fails to address that you are entitled by the terms of the lease to park. Still at least you know what SHOULD have happened when you were shown the property by the agent and handed the keys...
    • hairray
    • By hairray 21st Apr 17, 10:01 AM
    • 42 Posts
    • 15 Thanks
    hairray
    Yes, I believe the representative from the builder may have just completely ignored the letter composed by Coupon Mad and just followed the same direction as the previous representative.

Would it be an idea to ask if they the representative can highlight where on the lease it requires me to display a permit?
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 21st Apr 17, 7:20 PM
    • 45,179 Posts
    • 57,841 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    - At no point were car parking issues raised or discussed at any point during out home introduction. They just pointed our space out to us (and it happened to be the wrong space).

- I didn't receive a permit, nor did Countryside ever mention the need to display one (other than the sign erected)

- I couldn't park in my space for weeks as someone else was parked in my designated space where no one knew where to park, this was raised by the managing agents 1 month into our occupation.
    Originally posted by hairray
    I would reply in a similar assertive style to last time, telling them all of the above and asking where in the lease the £100 charge is noted?
    PRIVATE PCN in England/Wales? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT

Click on the trail, top of this page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    DON'T read old advice to ignore, unless in Scotland/NI.

• hairray
    • By hairray 26th Apr 17, 12:38 PM
    • 42 Posts
    • 15 Thanks
    hairray
    Another useless response
    Hey everyone,

As per coupons suggestion I have reported CPM to the ICO.

In the meantime I have tried dealing with it with the builder.

I sent this email in response to the previous email.

Dear CEO,

I recently contacted you regarding a catalog of concerns to which your colleague head of customer service has kindly addressed however I still find myself struggling to resolve this issue with Countryside.

My primary reasons for pursuing this further are:

- I was not at any point informed on the home tour of the need to display a permit. I was informed of a parking space that could be mine, which it later transpired that it was not. This was the only issue discussed during the home tour in relation to parking.

- I'm struggling to find on the lease where it specifies that I am required to display a permit, please could you clarify the clause that relates to this? I have previously raised this with Manager and he has not responded nor has Head of customer service .

- I could not display a permit as I didn't have one, upon receiving the fine I had to request permits twice.

- My letter box currently lets water in, I raised this with ADVISOR and shared imagery of our post unreadable after water damage. This issue hasn't been resolved but does provide an alternate theory as to why I was not aware of any need to display a permit.

I am now being pursued by a debt collection agency instructed by CPM. This is causing me significant distress and I wish to resolve this issue with Countryside amicably.

As previously requested, I would appreciate if you could highlight the clause relating to the need to display a permit, as both myself and advisor cannot find it within the signed documents.

I look forward to your response.

Kindest Regards,

I revived this back today:

[QUOTE][Dear Mr ,

I am writing in response to your email dated 21st April addressed to CEO to which I am responding on his behalf.

I note your comments in relation to not being informed about the parking restrictions. Please see attached letter from UK Car Park Management Ltd which was sent to all residents on the 10th October 2016. This letter contained the parking permits for Kings Park residents. I am sorry to hear you did not receive this and would advise you to contact UK Car Park Management directly to advise them that you have requested permits twice to no avail. With this in mind, I would hope they would look favourably on your request to rescind the charge.

Unfortunately, Countryside are unable to progress this issue any further for you.

Regarding the letter boxes, these are now on site and will be installed within the next two weeks. Manager will be writing to all residents shortly to advise of an installation date.

Kind regards,/QUOTE]

I'm thinking of responding the following:

Dear Head of Customer service,

Thank you for your email.

I have tried to co operate with your instructed agent since receiving the ticket, which as you can tell was the first indication I was given that I needed to display a ticket. Appealing to them, Countryside and their 'independent' appeals service has failed me.

I'm sure like me, you're growing tired of this. However my data has been mishandled, specifically your agent has ignored a section 10 notice to cease processing my data and handed my details to a debt collection agency. Please put yourself in my shoes, I have followed the lease, I have my parked in my designated space and have received a penalty charge for doing so. Where is that right?

I have since submitted a complaint to the ICO regarding the mishandling of my data. You should be aware that Countryside is also liable for this breach in data protection.

Before I take this further, please outline the terms within the lease that state:

- I am to display a permit when parking in my demised space

- When failing to display a permit, I will be invoiced £100 for parking.

If like me, you can't find these terms within the lease, I advise you contact CPM and have the penalty charge removed. I will no longer tolerate the lack response and accountbility from Countryside.

I am also willing to accept that the invoice and further charges from CPM and their debt collection agency form part of my yearly ground rent, as I can see no other reason for CPM to charge me as per the terms of the lease. Am I to pay them, and receive an adjustment to my ground rent in 2016?

I await your response.

Kindest Regards
    • hairray
    • By hairray 27th Apr 17, 9:37 AM
    • 42 Posts
    • 15 Thanks
    hairray
    Also received my second letter from DRP - notice of intended court action. If I haven't made payments they'll pass the file back to CPM with recommendation to take court action. Various other threats listed.

Do I respond to them at this stage?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

5,267Posts Today

4,423Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @itvMLshow: We are filming tomorrow in Torremolinos! If you're in the area, head to Branigans on Av. Palma de Mallorca between 5pm-6.45p?

• RT @mmhpi: ??The money and mental health manifesto - 10 steps to boost #mentalhealth & financial #wellbeing for Britain #GE2017 https://t.c?

• In Spain in a restaurant ready for filming in Torremolinos tomorrow (do come and see us if you're there) watching #mcfcmufc #CTID

• Follow Martin