E.on 2 year tariff withdrawn? Problems with E.on website.

Options
fredandwilma
fredandwilma Posts: 1,251 Forumite
Chutzpah Haggler I won, I won, I won! Rampant Recycler Debt-free and Proud!
Hi Malc,

Are you having technical issues with the E.on website again, or have you withdrawn the two year tariff?

There are now only two tariffs available:

E.ON Energy Plan and
E.ON Energy Fixed 1 Year v20

https://www.eonenergy.com/for-your-home/products-and-services

Talk about streamlining ;)

Note - As I'm writing this post the E.on website appears to have gone down and i can no longer access above link.
Fred - Where's your get up and go?

Barney - It just got up and went.

Carpe diem

Comments

• brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,518 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    ...there are only the two tariffs showing for me also; one is 44% more than current and the other 50% !!:rotfl:
  • Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi Malc,

Are you having technical issues with the E.on website again, or have you withdrawn the two year tariff?

There are now only two tariffs available:

E.ON Energy Plan and
    E.ON Energy Fixed 1 Year v20

https://www.eonenergy.com/for-your-home/products-and-services

Talk about streamlining ;)

Note - As I'm writing this post the E.on website appears to have gone down and i can no longer access above link.

Morning fredandwilma.

No, it's not a technical issue. We've withdrawn our two year fixed tariff temporarily as we're reviewing our entire product range. We're looking at different ways to offer customers choices more relevant to them.

We’ve been reviewing the products we offer, the prices we sell them at, how we reach customers through our sales channels and the offers we have for our existing customers. Recent developments, many of them well documented on these Forums, have led us to stop and take stock of how we can improve.

This is just the first step as we plan to make many changes to our product range over the coming years. It’s our aim to freshen up not just our tariffs but how and when we let our customers know about them.

I don't have any specifics yet. As you know, we're told at round about the same time as we make the information public. Helena and I will try to keep you up to date as this unfolds within, that is, MSE guidelines. Our website is the best place to check as this is where such changes usually appear first.

Hope this explains fredandwilma.

Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    Options

Sorry, missed this bit fredandwilma. Just checked and our website is fine now. I suspect it was taken down for a short time whilst the changes I spoke about earlier were done.

Malc
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • youravinalarrrf
    Options
    Recent developments, many of them well documented on these Forums, have led us to stop and take stock of how we can improve.

This is just the first step as we plan to make many changes to our product range over the coming years. It’s our aim to freshen up not just our tariffs but how and when we let our customers know about them.

Malc,

I would guess that your previous post is probably a bit too pink and fluffy for it to be the thoughts of Chairman Malc and please don't take anything below personally? :D

Whilst E.ON stopping and taking stock is to be welcomed (I think) I'm afraid for many existing customers this comes just too late and the damage done to E.ON's reputation this time just too great.

Don't E.ON understand that energy companies have a bad enough reputation already? Wasn't the E.ON / Age UK - Age Concern controversy bad enough to make E.ON start seeing sense?

When a company's management is prepared too stoop so low as to start using what Captain Mainwaring would refer to as "typical shabby Nazi tricks" by preventing access to tariffs for me the writing is on the wall. Regardless of any reasoning and excuses provided (and E.ON haven't even had the good manners to provide any) it's got to the stage where for me unfortunately E.ON no longer seem to understand the difference between right from wrong.
    Options
    Don't worry youravinalarrrf, I don't take things personally. Both Helena and I do, though, make sure the points you and others make about our products and services are seen by those much higher up the food chain. The feedback I've spoken about in other threads has all gone to those in positions to make changes and has influenced the decision to take stock of our tariffs.

Malc
  • FOREVER21
    FOREVER21 Posts: 1,729 Forumite
    Energy Saving Champion I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    QUOTE MALC..

This is just the first step as we plan to make many changes to our product range over the coming years.

All well and good and I look forward to this, but how about some good news for existing customers now.:mad:
  • st999
    st999 Posts: 1,574 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    This is just the first step as we plan to make many changes to our product range over the coming years

Well I got a quote from the new website as a new customer and was quoted £1218 as against the £927 from BG that I left Eon for.

I don't think I will go back to Eon even when my BG tariff ends in a year.
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,518 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    As far as I'm concerned,EON have until ~ 15th Feb. to come up with something at least vaguely attractive to me -or after 2+ trouble free years I'll be orf:)
    Options
    Can't say at this stage FOREVER21. The review I spoke about is already underway. What I can say is it's aimed at existing and new customers from both a short and long term perspective. As above, we're told at about the same time as we go public so will let you know more as we go along.

Malc
  • Tertiian
    Options
    Call me an old cynic, but suddenly withdrawing all tariffs save for the standard basic rate and a 1-year fix smacks of panic? Most energy tariff reviews are carefully planned and calculated and changes to the 'offerings' made concurrently with retiring 'old ones...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure