Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    inapicklepleasehelp
    Parking fine from UKPC (private company - not local authority!)
    • 15th Sep 07, 12:02 PM
    Parking fine from UKPC (private company - not local authority!) 15th Sep 07 at 12:02 PM
    I need help...

I'm in a bit of a grey area! I'm heavily pregnant and suffering from SPD (a condition that affects the hips) I am now unable to drive at all but two weeks ago I was photographed in a disabled bay in a private car park. I would never normally use these bays as I feel strongly that they are a requirement for the people that need them, however, the week before I had to wait 2 hours for the driver parked next to me to return to his vehicle as I couldn't open my door wide enough to access my vehicle. Before parking there I drove around the car park looking for an end space so that I wouldn't have to use the disabled bay but there were none vacant, as there were no mother and baby spaces either I felt I had no other choice.

I was under the impression that disabled parking bays in private car parks were advisory only but I have received a parking charge from UKPC of 45 going up to 90 if not paid within 14 days.

Should I dispute this? I can of course provide a medical certificate to my condition and my numerous referrals to physiotherapy and proof of my chiropracty treatment.
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

683Posts Today

4,405Users online

Martin's Twitter