IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Letter Before Claim

Options

Comments

• PCMFightBack
    Options
    Started gathering some info from other threads, however a lot of what I'm reading likes to quote Parking Eye vs. Beavis. Can anyone advise if any of this would relate to my circumstances that I can reference in my defence?
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    edited 12 September 2016 at 8:16AM
    Options
    IIMUT that the close links between Glastones and the IPC/IAS are being investigated by the Solicitors Regulatory Authority

http://www.sra.org.uk/consumers/problems/report-solicitor.page

You may like to bring this matter to the attention of their Regulatory Supervisor

[EMAIL="duncan.allen@sra.otg.uk"]duncan.allen@sra.otg.uk[/EMAIL]

Own Space claims are very difficult for PPCs to win in court, even though a judge did find again this lady.

http://www.miltonkeynes.co.uk/news/milton-keynes-woman-secures-landmark-victory-for-flat-tenants-in-parking-dispute-1-7459066
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • PCMFightBack
    Options
    I know that one of their Solicitors, a 'Mr Schwartz' is under investigation by the SRA, however my Claim is signed by a different employee. Is it worth bringing this up in my section outlining how they have not complied with pre-court protocol?
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    Options
    Absolutely, the more complaints they get, the less likely they are to sweep it under the carpet.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,686 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I know that one of their Solicitors, a 'Mr Schwartz' is under investigation by the SRA, however my Claim is signed by a different employee. Is it worth bringing this up in my section outlining how they have not complied with pre-court protocol?

Schwartz is with Civil Enforcement, not Gladstones/PCM.

And yes, you need to read the PE v Beavis decision from the Supreme Court (Google it) to understand how to argue your case is very different - otherwise a claimant might try to paint it to a Judge that the Beavis case supersedes all else by way of defence. With a PCM ticket, it's not a similar 'free licence to park with a charge afterwards for overstay' and nor are the signs similar.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • PCMFightBack
    Options
    Okay think I have been reading a lot of information incorrectly this entire time, am I right in understanding that the PE v Beavis case found in favour of the PPC, and it is down to myself to show to the judge that the claimant cannot use that ruling against me? This entire time I've been reading with the mindset that the outcome was the PPC lost......
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    Yes, you now have it right. Read the decision. It was a shocker.
  • PCMFightBack
    Options
    Well colour me stupid, back to the drawing board it is.

Also worth mentioning I fired off an email to Private Parking Appeals for a price quote to help with my Defence a few days ago but I've received no response, are they usually slow to reply? Has anyone had any luck with them before?
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    Sorry to say, due to that, I can't comment or help on this thread any more.

(I am not involved in any appeals company).
  • PCMFightBack
    Options
    How come? I can edit that last comment out if need be
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills