IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Letter from scs law unsure of what to do next

Options
Evoazz
Evoazz Posts: 14 Forumite
Hi all I have tried reading a lot of the newbie sticky info and haven't seen a case that seems as serious as mine, I'm thinking I'm jut gonna have to bite the bullet and pay? Its regarding 7 tickets from the same car park monitored by ukpc, I've had the usual letters and pics of the car entering and leaving the car park however the pictures are not clear and you can not see who or what see even the driver is. What defence could I use as i do use the Halfords I've parked out side numerous times whilst I've parked there. there is ALWAYS spaces. Where can I go from here? The money outstanding is 1120 and the letter from scs was sent 8th July this year. It also says" please note that the letter is to be considered a letter before claim for the purpose of practice direction on preaction conduct.

Many thanks

Comments

• pappa_golf
    pappa_golf Posts: 8,895 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    the problem is not where you parked on the car park , its the fact that you "tripped" the ANPR setup on the way in and way out.

Halfords has used this setup to stop fly parkers.

as you work for a neighbouring company to the car park , did you get permission to park there?

perhaps speaking nicely to the manager, and asking him if he would ring UKPC and state that this was a staff member , and should have been on the whitelist

PS , the figure of £1120 is an inflated one by the debt collecting Co , the true max figure allowed under UK law is 7 x £100 , plus small court and solisitors costs (£50) should it go to court
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • Evoazz
    Options
    So go into one of the stores an ask the manager to ring them to confirm it's a member of staff, I'd even pay the manager to do this if it can stop it going to court, do I need to contact ukpc or scs? Thanks for the speedy reply mate
  • pappa_golf
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    do not ring either until you have spoken to the manager , remind him of all your recent purchases and the fact that you are looking for a new bike/new tyres etc , apologise to him that you used a space , but above all , get him to email/ring UKPC , even on the pretext that you are a member of his staff or a contractor doing work for them

why do you say "So go into one of the stores an ask the manager to ring them to confirm it's a member of staff," , how many stores are there on this site ? , if there are multiple stores , does your "works" not qualify
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • Evoazz
    Options
    I'll do this tomorrow when I'm back in and see wat he says failing that and he cannot help me what do I do from there? Deny I was the driver? I know I will Have to reply within 14 days to get myself another 14 days to come up with a defence
  • pappa_golf
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 10 July 2016 at 12:43PM
    Options
    ok , step back

do you have the original letters

dates of incidents please

No 1 to 7 in order
    dates of NTK RECIEVED
    No. 1 to 7 in order

and a wise man might ask , if after receiving the first letter , why you would consider "trespassing" another 6 times after the first warning

PS , you have only received a notice before court action , they can proceed or not , you have not received legal court papers yet
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • Evoazz
    Options
    It's a retail park but I don't work at any of the stores in the park
  • pappa_golf
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    why did you not take head after the first letter?

I have asked you for dates of offences and dates that the letters were received in order to verify if they have abided by POFa , which must be done if they wish to chase you rather than the driver
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • Evoazz
    edited 10 July 2016 at 5:10PM
    Options
    Haven't kept the copies from ukpc as I've read numerous times these are a cowboy company so shredded them, on the letter scs have sent me the dates are on there as follows from number 1 to 7;

1: 02/02/16
    2: 10/02/16
    3: 12/02/16
    4: 15/02/16
    5: 17/02/16
    6: 18/02/16
    7: 09/03/16

Bearing in mind the signs aren't clear as it was always pith black
  • pappa_golf
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    half info again , if those are the dates of the offences , you need the dates that the corresponding NTK were sent .

to abide by POFa the first incident would have had to have a NTK sent to you by the 16/02

you seem to have parked 3 times after you SHOULD have received the first NTK , did you not receive it within the correct guidelines , or did you just choose to trespass after knowing you were un welcome

mitigation of "your" companies car park will not help , nor will where you parked on the site , it was recorded by ANPR.

why did you not ask Halfords for permission , if you were a good customer

so , did the NTK arrive on the correct dates or not?
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • Evoazz
    edited 10 July 2016 at 5:10PM
    Options
    I'm not sure how soon after the ntk were sent so I suppose I will have to contact ukpc and ask for a copy of every ntk they have sent me as I have nothing to reference from.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure