Precise Mortgages - how long from application to offer?

Options

Comments

• Thefutureisbright
    Options
    @Sunniec - no, they've not requested any original documents at all. Have they requested these from you prior to valuation? What documents did they want originals of?
  • Sunniec
    Sunniec Posts: 22 Forumite
    Options
    @Thefutureisbright Yes they requested all original documents off us which included: p60's/Bank statements/proof of address from 2014/Letter from my employee this was before our valuation was carried out. Whats your timeline?
  • Thefutureisbright
    Options
    @Sunniec Nope, they've not requested any of that. They obviously had copies, but no request for original documents.

Sold our house: 10th January
    Our offer accepted: 14th January
    Declines (after DIP's with 2 lenders): 27th-31st January
    DIP with Precise: 21st March
    Full app submitted: 30th March
    Valuation booked: 13th April
    Valuation received: 20th April
    Told offer will be sent by today (21st April) at the latest
  • Sunniec
    Options
    @Thefutureisbright How strange they don't want originals off you...

Our timeline is similar except we are using the HTB.

DIP with Natwest 30/03
    Declined by underwriters 31/03
    DIP with Precise 31/03
    Application sent to Precise 3rd April
    Precise requested more documents 06/04
    Requested documents sent to Precise 10/04
    Valuation booked 12/04
    Valuation completed 19/04
    Original documents sent 19/04
  • Thefutureisbright
    Options
    I'm guessing if they wanted the originals, they'd of requested them well before now and they wouldn't have said our offer would be out by today latest...I hope!

I'm looking at a completion date of 20th May so we have a little time to spare if they wanted originals but I see you're needing to complete next week! I'm not sure how long after mortgage offer it takes to get everything with the solicitors sorted but as I'm sure you know, solicitors aren't the quickest!
  • Sunniec
    Options
    @Thefutureisbright yeah im sure if they wanted the originals off you they would of asked by now. Are you using a mortgage broker or dealing with Precise direct? Tbf our solicitor seem to be on the ball, we received all our deeds etc in the post yesterday and they have now been sent back all signed. So i would imagine as soon as we have the mortgage offer the rest should happen quiet quickly?
  • Thefutureisbright
    Options
    We're using a broker.

It hasn't helped that our solicitor has been on A/L this week so I can't speak with her until next week to discuss dates and deeds (and she's a bit of a grumpy gus too so I try not to chase her too often, but it's what we're paying them for I guess!).

I would imagine once you get your offer, it should be pretty smooth from there on! Fingers crossed for you! Since day one, I have hated this whole process. I get that there are reasons why it's a drawn out process (and there's a reason why we're having to use the likes of Precise) but wow, it has been nonstop stress the whole way through!
  • Sunniec
    Options
    @Thefutureisbright i know exactly what u mean! The stress / waiting is a joke lol. Good luck to you too and hopefully we both find out soon.
  • Katie1988
    Katie1988 Posts: 42 Forumite
    Options
    Hi guys
    Well our exchange date was today but due to precise still not offering us a mortgage yet it has now had to be put back again. Its been chased up and now being told its gonna be at least another week before we know. So annoyed so everything's had to be put back.

Hows everyone else getting along?x
  • Thefutureisbright
    Options
    @Katie - how long has it been since your valuation? Have they said why it's taking so long from valuation till offer?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback