PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

New here and really need to sort myself out(please move if in wrong place)

Options

Comments

• biglass
    biglass Posts: 128 Forumite
    Options
    Hi there! Firstly a big well done for all your efforts so far!! Just to say,don't burn the kindling- sell it! Loads of people would love it for their fires next winter and you could make some money- even a tenner would be better than nothing :D
  • gemmajenkins0208
    Options
    Thank you biglass! :D

That's not a bad idea, but my bf's dad gave it to us when he actually sells kindling himself so I'm not sure if he would be very happy giving that to us for free only to find we've sold it on :(

Plus we have some stuff that won't burn on its own so the kindling will help keep the fire going :)
  • cheel
    cheel Posts: 195 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for the idea tiddlywink, id never thought of doing anything other than putting custard over it!! :D
    No one can make you feel inferior without your consent - Eleanor Roosevelt

May grocery challenge £7.58 / £200

May no spend days: 1st , 2nd, 3rd
  • gemmajenkins0208
    Options
    FINALLY used up the sticky toffee pudding!!! :j :D :eek: :T

That tin had been peeking at us precariously from behind the kettle since Christmas!

Now just to use up the box of powdered custard (you use a couple of tablespoons of powder each time so it has a few servings in it) and a tin of peach slices :)
  • cheel
    cheel Posts: 195 Forumite
    Options
    Yay! Adios sticky toffee pud!!! :ROFL:
    No one can make you feel inferior without your consent - Eleanor Roosevelt

May grocery challenge £7.58 / £200

May no spend days: 1st , 2nd, 3rd
  • gemmajenkins0208
    Options
    Hahaha indeed cheel!

Good riddance! :D
  • gemmajenkins0208
    Options
    As a side note, the reason i was so keen to use up that pud and why i was so proud when we finally did tonight was because the very outer rims of the top and bottom of the tin had tiny rust spots on them, not any of the metal that touches the food inside, but the 'lips' that sit inside each other if you stack them.
  • gemmajenkins0208
    Options
    I think tonight marks the using up of the last of the 'one-off' purchases that were made :D

I used up half a pack of lasagne sheets(we don't have lasagne very often at all) and my bf and I polished off a sealed pack of meringues that were dated July last year! :eek:

I think the meringues were bought by complete accident to be honest! :rotfl:

Now, as I take a quick glance into the cupboards/fridge/freezer, all I see is the handful of tubs of ice cream. But this may prove useful if the weather stays nice! :D
  • Tiddlywinks
    Tiddlywinks Posts: 5,777 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    So, have you all had a talk to decide on divvying up the cooking?

Now you've got rid of a lot of the food in your cupboards and freezer it's time to start getting into a new routine.

Plan the meals for the week and then prepare a shopping list and stick to it. Avoid all the convenience stuff like the nuggets and big bags of chips and go for pasta, rice and veggies.
    :hello:
  • gemmajenkins0208
    Options
    Yes tiddlywinks, we've had a bit of a chat about it.

It seems to be working though as I made the lasagne from scratch last night and mum is making a cottage pie from scratch for tea tonight.

Hopefully I can make something from scratch out of what we have here tomorrow and onwards! :)

Will continue with the using up theme and have some ice cream for dessert after :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure