Main site > MoneySavingExpert.com Forums > Household & Travel > Health & Beauty MoneySaving > Anyone tried the LadyCare Lifetime device? (Page 1)

IMPORTANT! This is MoneySavingExpert's open forum - anyone can post

Please exercise caution & report any spam, illegal, offensive, racist, libellous post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

• Be nice to all MoneySavers
  • All the best tips go in the MoneySavingExpert weekly email

Plus all the new guides, deals & loopholes

• No spam/referral links
or Login with Facebook
Anyone tried the LadyCare Lifetime device?
Closed Thread
Views: 25,552
# 1
Katykat
Old 02-09-2007, 10:37 AM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Default Anyone tried the LadyCare Lifetime device?

Senn this advertized in the weekend press. it appears to be a magnetic device to help control menopause symptoms/ I am on HRT and would like to stop it but cant cope with the flushes and insomnia. its advertized for £19.99, which seems reasonable as it is about the same as a years spply of HRT, BUT---- does it work?
The Following User Says Thank You to Katykat For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 2
skyrocket
Old 02-09-2007, 11:18 AM
MoneySaving Stalwart

is itb like the blue magnet they do for periods? if it is i have one and it's very good.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to skyrocket For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 3
shopndrop
Old 02-09-2007, 6:36 PM
Fantastically Fervent MoneySaving Super Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyrocket View Post
is itb like the blue magnet they do for periods?
If it is this one then my friend has been using one for a couple of months now and wouldn't be without it. However the same friend also told me about taking YMEA capsules and I think they are great but not as moneysaving as the magnet. YMEA costs about £12 for a month's supply as I take 2 per day and the magnet is £19.95 + £3 P&P.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to shopndrop For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 4
Katykat
Old 02-09-2007, 7:13 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Thanks girls. Its sounding favourable up to now. The HRT does work, and I've only been on it for 6 months have about 18 months safe use left yet, but I'd rather try something non medicated. Does anyone know if this magnet devise has any adverse effects?
# 5
skyrocket
Old 02-09-2007, 10:08 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

none that i found so far although i did worry about setting alarms off going into shops
you can get it much cheaper than 19.99, look on ebay, and i know avon have one too
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to skyrocket For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 6
Katykat
Old 03-09-2007, 3:09 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Skyrocket, I cant find anything on Avon, and Ebay doesn't have anything at present. Do you know the link to Avon?

Sa'll right, I've found it- Ta
# 7
Katykat
Old 04-09-2007, 11:56 AM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Dont know exactly how it works but I have done some research, here's the results
http://www.magno-pulse.com/Effect_of...e_Ladycare.php
All I can do is try it, and see. Sometimes we just dont know how things work, I dont know how paracetamol works and I'm a nurse. I know the basics, but hey, I think I'll give it a go. I'll let you know if it does.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Katykat For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 8
shopndrop
Old 04-09-2007, 10:01 PM

I have been diagnosed with arthritis and immediately went out and bought a magnetic bracelet. I found immediate pain relief, literally within 24 hours so am totally in favour of magnetic devices for pain relief.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shopndrop For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 9
charbidis
Old 25-09-2008, 10:32 AM
MoneySaving Newbie

anyone know if i can buy this in ireland
# 10
chris.gog
Old 21-10-2008, 10:07 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

You can get it off the internet or some boots stores stock them.

Here are the links. Both are same company from Bristol

http://www.ladycare-uk.com/?_$ja=kw:Ladycare|cgn:LadyCare+brand+-+main+terms|cgid:865759878|tsid:4430|cn:Magnopulse +-+brand+-+ladycare|cid:21886758|lid:5349656448|mt:Exact|nw: search|crid:2823861888

http://www.magno-pulse.com/product_info.php?products_id=28

I have had my ladycare for 18 months and would never go without it. Within 1 week my flushes stopped.........I could not believe it. I even know if I havent put it on because I have quiet flushes so it does work. Seious it has made my life normal again
Chris
# 11
TheFoxx
Old 10-03-2009, 10:22 AM
MoneySaving Newbie

Wink Available in Ireland

LadyCare is available to buy in Ireland, I purchased one for my wife from a company called Wholefoods Wholesale tel: 016262315...Its fantastic and I am now the best Husband in the World:rolleyes: . Good Luck!
The Following User Says Thank You to TheFoxx For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 12
Meadows
Old 14-03-2009, 4:13 PM

Location: England, United Kingdom, Earth, Milky Way, The Universe

I know this is an old thread but for anyone still interested, I purchased one of these from a local Lloyds Pharmacy 11 days ago, I suffer from really bad Hot Flushes, Burning more like & go bright red all over and end up sweating a lot and some times feel quite sick, my hot flushes were 24/7 and have been for a long time.
I am quite sceptical about these sort of things but thought okay give it a go it's just under £20.
Well within an hour or so of wearing it I noticed I wasn't having my normal Hot flushes, I would feel one coming on & then think oh what happened to it, same for night time ones, I don't even notice them. I used to have a soaked bed at times, woke a lot and the bed was constantly hot, now if and when I have them they go quite un-noticed, I some times wake to find my quilt tossed to one side but I haven't been aware of it, I am now sleeping really well for the first time in ages.
Even a work colleague commented the other day that she hadn’t seen me go ‘red’ for a while.
My husband said why don't you remove it for a while to see what happens, I said no thanks I'll leave it where it is for now thank you very much.

Does it work on everyone who knows; the instructions say it could take 3 months to work, well if it has worked this quick on me maybe some of the other menopause symptoms may change as well who knows fingers crossed. Beats having to take HRT which I was trying to avoid.
♦ ☼ ♦ ☼ ♦ ☼ ♦ Meadows ♦ ☼ ♦ ☼ ♦ ☼ ♦
Sometimes - you can't make it on your own!
♦ ☼ ♦ ☼ ♦ ☼ ♦
When man to man is so unjust in deed or word you should not trust.
Take my advise, never ask to borrow but pay today and trust tomorrow!

Last edited by Meadows; 23-03-2009 at 11:59 AM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Meadows For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 13
LilacLillie
Old 14-03-2009, 10:14 PM

I can't take HRT due to a genetic blood disorder, so an wondering if this would work for me?
Will order one when I get back from hols next week from Boots.
In the meantime if anyone else has had results I'd like to hear about them please.
LL
We are all in the gutter but some of us are looking at the stars........................

---------------------------------------------------
# 14
Meadows
Old 15-03-2009, 3:02 PM

Location: England, United Kingdom, Earth, Milky Way, The Universe
Smile Ladycare

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilacLillie View Post
I can't take HRT due to a genetic blood disorder, so an wondering if this would work for me?
Will order one when I get back from hols next week from Boots.
In the meantime if anyone else has had results I'd like to hear about them please.
LL
Hi, have a look at the Testimonials on the site.
Go to Male & Female Products, Ladycare, Testimonials (for some reason that link changes when I post this message to the one below which is the main site). You can also find your nearest stockist.
http://www.magno-pulse.com/product_i...products_id=28
♦ ☼ ♦ ☼ ♦ ☼ ♦ Meadows ♦ ☼ ♦ ☼ ♦ ☼ ♦
Sometimes - you can't make it on your own!
♦ ☼ ♦ ☼ ♦ ☼ ♦
When man to man is so unjust in deed or word you should not trust.
Take my advise, never ask to borrow but pay today and trust tomorrow!

Last edited by Meadows; 15-03-2009 at 3:12 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Meadows For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 15
hollyp
Old 18-03-2009, 8:28 AM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default Ladycare is unbelievable

I have been having hot flushes for 3 years. I have had temporary respite by using sage drops and acupuncture but for the last 18 months I have been having a hot flush every hour, 24-7 lasting for 10 minutes.
I heard about ladycare yesterday and immediately went to Boots and bought one.
I fitted it at 4.15 yesterday and haven't had a single one since. I can't believe it. I slept for 6 hours without waking up and feel fantastic
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hollyp For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 16
melbury
Old 31-03-2009, 7:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollyp View Post
I have been having hot flushes for 3 years. I have had temporary respite by using sage drops and acupuncture but for the last 18 months I have been having a hot flush every hour, 24-7 lasting for 10 minutes.
I heard about ladycare yesterday and immediately went to Boots and bought one.
I fitted it at 4.15 yesterday and haven't had a single one since. I can't believe it. I slept for 6 hours without waking up and feel fantastic

That sounds great, I am seriously thinking about trying it. May I ask, what exactly do you do with it?
Stopped smoking 27/12/2007, but could start again at any time

The Following User Says Thank You to melbury For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 17
Saint_Chris
Old 31-03-2009, 8:26 PM

well i bought one today from boots so fingers crossed
The Following User Says Thank You to Saint_Chris For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 18
Saint_Chris
Old 31-03-2009, 10:19 PM

which way do you wear it

thanks
# 19
skypie123
Old 01-04-2009, 1:07 AM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

You put the small round magnet on the outside of your knickers and the triangle shaped one facing inwards 4 inches down from your belly button.
Does anyone know what the difference is between the MN8 magnet and the Lady Care one?
xx
The Following User Says Thank You to skypie123 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 20
Saint_Chris
Old 01-04-2009, 3:35 PM

well i've had it on now 24 hours and i've still got the sweats.

I hope that this really works.
The Following User Says Thank You to Saint_Chris For This Useful Post: Show me >>
Closed Thread