Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Katykat
    • By Katykat 2nd Sep 07, 10:37 AM
    • 1,483Posts
    • 543Thanks
    Katykat
    Anyone tried the LadyCare Lifetime device?
    • 2nd Sep 07, 10:37 AM
    Anyone tried the LadyCare Lifetime device? 2nd Sep 07 at 10:37 AM
    Senn this advertized in the weekend press. it appears to be a magnetic device to help control menopause symptoms/ I am on HRT and would like to stop it but cant cope with the flushes and insomnia. its advertized for £19.99, which seems reasonable as it is about the same as a years spply of HRT, BUT---- does it work?
Page 1
  • skyrocket
    • 2nd Sep 07, 11:18 AM
    • 2nd Sep 07, 11:18 AM
    is itb like the blue magnet they do for periods? if it is i have one and it's very good.
    • shopndrop
    • By shopndrop 2nd Sep 07, 6:36 PM
    • 3,526 Posts
    • 19,400 Thanks
    shopndrop
    • 2nd Sep 07, 6:36 PM
    • 2nd Sep 07, 6:36 PM
    is itb like the blue magnet they do for periods?
    Originally posted by skyrocket
    If it is this one then my friend has been using one for a couple of months now and wouldn't be without it. However the same friend also told me about taking YMEA capsules and I think they are great but not as moneysaving as the magnet. YMEA costs about £12 for a month's supply as I take 2 per day and the magnet is £19.95 + £3 P&P.
    • Katykat
    • By Katykat 2nd Sep 07, 7:13 PM
    • 1,483 Posts
    • 543 Thanks
    Katykat
    • 2nd Sep 07, 7:13 PM
    • 2nd Sep 07, 7:13 PM
    Thanks girls. Its sounding favourable up to now. The HRT does work, and I've only been on it for 6 months have about 18 months safe use left yet, but I'd rather try something non medicated. Does anyone know if this magnet devise has any adverse effects?
  • skyrocket
    • 2nd Sep 07, 10:08 PM
    • 2nd Sep 07, 10:08 PM
    none that i found so far although i did worry about setting alarms off going into shops
    you can get it much cheaper than 19.99, look on ebay, and i know avon have one too
    • Katykat
    • By Katykat 3rd Sep 07, 3:09 PM
    • 1,483 Posts
    • 543 Thanks
    Katykat
    • 3rd Sep 07, 3:09 PM
    • 3rd Sep 07, 3:09 PM
    Skyrocket, I cant find anything on Avon, and Ebay doesn't have anything at present. Do you know the link to Avon?

Sa'll right, I've found it- Ta
    • Katykat
    • By Katykat 4th Sep 07, 11:56 AM
    • 1,483 Posts
    • 543 Thanks
    Katykat
    • 4th Sep 07, 11:56 AM
    • 4th Sep 07, 11:56 AM
    Dont know exactly how it works but I have done some research, here's the results
    http://www.magno-pulse.com/Effect_of_the_Static_Magnetic_Device_Ladycare.php
    All I can do is try it, and see. Sometimes we just dont know how things work, I dont know how paracetamol works and I'm a nurse. I know the basics, but hey, I think I'll give it a go. I'll let you know if it does.
    • shopndrop
    • By shopndrop 4th Sep 07, 10:01 PM
    • 3,526 Posts
    • 19,400 Thanks
    shopndrop
    • 4th Sep 07, 10:01 PM
    • 4th Sep 07, 10:01 PM
    I have been diagnosed with arthritis and immediately went out and bought a magnetic bracelet. I found immediate pain relief, literally within 24 hours so am totally in favour of magnetic devices for pain relief.
  • charbidis
    • 25th Sep 08, 10:32 AM
    • 25th Sep 08, 10:32 AM
    anyone know if i can buy this in ireland
  • chris.gog
    You can get it off the internet or some boots stores stock them.

Here are the links. Both are same company from Bristol

http://www.ladycare-uk.com/?_$ja=kw:Ladycare|cgn:LadyCare+brand+-+main+terms|cgid:865759878|tsid:4430|cn:Magnopulse +-+brand+-+ladycare|cid:21886758|lid:5349656448|mt:Exact|nw: search|crid:2823861888

http://www.magno-pulse.com/product_info.php?products_id=28

I have had my ladycare for 18 months and would never go without it. Within 1 week my flushes stopped.........I could not believe it. I even know if I havent put it on because I have quiet flushes so it does work. Seious it has made my life normal again
    Chris
  • TheFoxx
    Available in Ireland
    LadyCare is available to buy in Ireland, I purchased one for my wife from a company called Wholefoods Wholesale tel: 016262315...Its fantastic and I am now the best Husband in the World:rolleyes: . Good Luck!
    • Meadows
    • By Meadows 14th Mar 09, 4:13 PM
    • 4,368 Posts
    • 10,402 Thanks
    Meadows
    I know this is an old thread but for anyone still interested, I purchased one of these from a local Lloyds Pharmacy 11 days ago, I suffer from really bad Hot Flushes, Burning more like & go bright red all over and end up sweating a lot and some times feel quite sick, my hot flushes were 24/7 and have been for a long time.
    I am quite sceptical about these sort of things but thought okay give it a go it's just under £20.
    Well within an hour or so of wearing it I noticed I wasn't having my normal Hot flushes, I would feel one coming on & then think oh what happened to it, same for night time ones, I don't even notice them. I used to have a soaked bed at times, woke a lot and the bed was constantly hot, now if and when I have them they go quite un-noticed, I some times wake to find my quilt tossed to one side but I haven't been aware of it, I am now sleeping really well for the first time in ages.
    Even a work colleague commented the other day that she hadn’t seen me go ‘red’ for a while.
    My husband said why don't you remove it for a while to see what happens, I said no thanks I'll leave it where it is for now thank you very much.

Does it work on everyone who knows; the instructions say it could take 3 months to work, well if it has worked this quick on me maybe some of the other menopause symptoms may change as well who knows fingers crossed. Beats having to take HRT which I was trying to avoid.
    Last edited by Meadows; 23-03-2009 at 11:59 AM.
    Everything has its beauty but not everyone sees it.
    • LilacLillie
    • By LilacLillie 14th Mar 09, 10:14 PM
    • 2,873 Posts
    • 9,851 Thanks
    LilacLillie
    I can't take HRT due to a genetic blood disorder, so an wondering if this would work for me?
    Will order one when I get back from hols next week from Boots.
    In the meantime if anyone else has had results I'd like to hear about them please.
    LL
    We are all in the gutter but some of us are looking at the stars........................

---------------------------------------------------
    • Meadows
    • By Meadows 15th Mar 09, 3:02 PM
    • 4,368 Posts
    • 10,402 Thanks
    Meadows
    Ladycare
    I can't take HRT due to a genetic blood disorder, so an wondering if this would work for me?
    Will order one when I get back from hols next week from Boots.
    In the meantime if anyone else has had results I'd like to hear about them please.
    LL
    Originally posted by LilacLillie
    Hi, have a look at the Testimonials on the site.
    Go to Male & Female Products, Ladycare, Testimonials (for some reason that link changes when I post this message to the one below which is the main site). You can also find your nearest stockist.
    http://www.magno-pulse.com/product_info.php?cPath=21&products_id=28
    Last edited by Meadows; 15-03-2009 at 3:12 PM.
    Everything has its beauty but not everyone sees it.
  • hollyp
    Ladycare is unbelievable
    I have been having hot flushes for 3 years. I have had temporary respite by using sage drops and acupuncture but for the last 18 months I have been having a hot flush every hour, 24-7 lasting for 10 minutes.
    I heard about ladycare yesterday and immediately went to Boots and bought one.
    I fitted it at 4.15 yesterday and haven't had a single one since. I can't believe it. I slept for 6 hours without waking up and feel fantastic
    • melbury
    • By melbury 31st Mar 09, 7:20 PM
    • 8,511 Posts
    • 11,537 Thanks
    melbury
    I have been having hot flushes for 3 years. I have had temporary respite by using sage drops and acupuncture but for the last 18 months I have been having a hot flush every hour, 24-7 lasting for 10 minutes.
    I heard about ladycare yesterday and immediately went to Boots and bought one.
    I fitted it at 4.15 yesterday and haven't had a single one since. I can't believe it. I slept for 6 hours without waking up and feel fantastic
    Originally posted by hollyp

That sounds great, I am seriously thinking about trying it. May I ask, what exactly do you do with it?
    Stopped smoking 27/12/2007, but could start again at any time

• Saint_Chris
    • By Saint_Chris 31st Mar 09, 8:26 PM
    • 3,772 Posts
    • 3,723 Thanks
    Saint_Chris
    well i bought one today from boots so fingers crossed
    • Saint_Chris
    • By Saint_Chris 31st Mar 09, 10:19 PM
    • 3,772 Posts
    • 3,723 Thanks
    Saint_Chris
    which way do you wear it

thanks
  • skypie123
    You put the small round magnet on the outside of your knickers and the triangle shaped one facing inwards 4 inches down from your belly button.
    Does anyone know what the difference is between the MN8 magnet and the Lady Care one?
    xx
    • Saint_Chris
    • By Saint_Chris 1st Apr 09, 3:35 PM
    • 3,772 Posts
    • 3,723 Thanks
    Saint_Chris
    well i've had it on now 24 hours and i've still got the sweats.

I hope that this really works.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,652Posts Today

6,864Users online

Martin's Twitter