Time to get serious

Options

Comments

• Moneyfordreams
    Moneyfordreams Posts: 2,442 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    hope you have a lovely relaxing weekend.

The money/bank switch was quick, I had to do extra confirmation calls with FD last month... no cash from them yet either .
    Mortgage restart June 2018 £119950Re mortgage August 19 £110470, … Mortgage November 22 £85600 final 0% CC 3300Home renovations - £65000, mid 2018 - mid 2022
  • EatingTheElephant
    EatingTheElephant Posts: 1,373 Forumite
    edited 30 May 2016 at 10:05AM
    Options
    I'm posting May's figures now. I didn't think there would be much movement this month, so very surprised at the amount I have managed to squirrel away this month!

Mortgage (aim 0): £0/£9,400 (100%)
    Savings (aim £30,000): £3426.05/£6,000 (57%)

Very impressed so far with the Hali bank transfer, just need to set up the transfers but there are technical issues with 123 website at the moment.

SB appeared in PP this morning so that has also been counted in this months total.

I really do need to relax today, I always over estimate the amount of energy I have! Busy day out with the dog at an event Saturday, then spent hours at the yard yesterday riding and sorting out the tack room. I have a new cupboard for all my rugs, so sorted out what rugs need to be cleaned, repaired etc. Managed to clock up over 21,000 steps, first time I've hit over 20,000 :j
  • smallholdingsister
    Options
    Do you reproof turnout rugs?

I stuff them in my washing machine. Sshhh.
  • EatingTheElephant
    Options
    I've done many different combinations over the years, including just stuffing them in a washing machine! I tried a new place last winter due to not having a washing machine big enough and I got them washed, reproofed and repaired. It was much more reasonable than many other places so sticking with that for now. Would love to have one if those massive washing machines to chuck them in.
  • smallholdingsister
    Options
    LOL you have seen my collection of washing generators!

Is the reproofing stuff you paint on?
  • EatingTheElephant
    Options
    Lol yes your WM must be on a lot!

I have used the paint on stuff, also some spray on stuff, but prefer the one you just chuck in the WM with the rug (nikwax comes to mind, there may be others)
  • smallholdingsister
    Options
    Thanks I might check that out.
  • EatingTheElephant
    Options
    June here we come! Monthly ISA interest has been applied so off to a start with £25.18. The small ISA matures today and interest should be added tomorrow of just over a hundred pounds. Paperwork completed to move it into the bigger ISA so it will be altogether.

All shuffling set up to automatically move and use the Halifax account, so should qualify for the monthly bonus from now on.

First food shop of the month done and the fridge is full :)
  • shangaijimmy
    shangaijimmy Posts: 3,796 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I love a start of a new month. Account shuffling, meter readings, what if scenarios...! Mrs SJ calls me a weirdo!
    MFW: Was: £136,000.......Now: £61,892.24......
    Mortgage Neutral Deficit: £43,082.90... Mortgage Neutral Savings: £18,809.34

MFiT-T6 #13 - £3,517 of £15,500 (22.69%)
    1% Mortgage Challenge 2022 - £157.59 of £650
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    June here we come! Monthly ISA interest has been applied so off to a start with £25.18. The small ISA matures today and interest should be added tomorrow of just over a hundred pounds. Paperwork completed to move it into the bigger ISA so it will be altogether.

All shuffling set up to automatically move and use the Halifax account, so should qualify for the monthly bonus from now on.

First food shop of the month done and the fridge is full :)
    Hello EE! You're very organised ... the house is a tip here, I have not much fresh food left, and the finances are in chaos :rotfl: I really need my energy back first!
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport