What are you doing for half term?

Options
I just wondered what everyone else is doing with their kids this half term. I seem to find October half term the most difficult to sort as I've run out of annual leave by then (Christmas already booked) and the larger "camp" style organisations don't always run half term camps - just easter and summer.

I'm trying out a kids club at the local leisure centre for mine for the first time. Hopefully they'll enjoy it!
Could you do with a Money Makeover?

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Twitter, Instagram
Join the MSE Forum
Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
Point out a rate/product change
Flag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com

Comments

• kathrynha
    kathrynha Posts: 2,469 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    I find October half term difficult, as we don't do Halloween, and everywhere seems to have a Halloween theme.

This week my daughter is on a climbing course for 2 half days. Meeting up for a play-date with her little cousin one day. Walk in the country to jump in leaves and puddles. A day in the local city shopping, as she has money to spend. And a day with Grandma
    Zebras rock
  • Former_MSE_Andrea
    Options
    Sounds like a good range of activities for the holiday!

I did a half hour rock climbing wall session with my 8 year old yesterday. That wasn't bad for me considering I'm not good with heights. She wants to do it again now so I'm glad she got over her initial fear and I didn't pass my insecurities on.
    Could you do with a Money Makeover?

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
    MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Twitter, Instagram
    Join the MSE Forum
    Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
    Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
    Point out a rate/product change
    Flag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
  • xxlouisexx56
    xxlouisexx56 Posts: 2,267 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Today - pyjama day with Lego
    Tues - cinema
    Weds - legoland
    Thurs- homework day
    Fri - play dates
    Sat - chessngton

We have merlin annual passes so don't have to spend much to go to the theme parks for the day!

My smallest dd started reception in September and its lovely to have both girls at home as I've missed them during the day times!
  • Torry_Quine
    Torry_Quine Posts: 18,834 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    I'm rather annoyed at this thread as schools here went back today after the October holiday!
    Lost my soulmate so life is empty.

I can bear pain myself, he said softly, but I couldna bear yours. That would take more strength than I have -
    Diana Gabaldon, Outlander
  • Rain_Shadow
    Rain_Shadow Posts: 1,798 Forumite
    Options
    October half term is brilliant.

Haven't had one since 2013.

:j
    You can pick your friends and you can pick your nose but you can't pick your friend's nose.
  • l3xi
    l3xi Posts: 40 Forumite
    Options
    Holiday day camp - all week 5x days 10x hours / day - as I don't have any vacation days left for this year (except for the xmas ones already booked), I need to work. We had an inset day last Friday, which was spent cycling in the park. Some fun stuff next Saturday, Halloween party for kids.

Not very adventurous :)
    CC debt Oct 2015: £11,700
  • PenguinOfDeath
    Options
    What am I doing for half term?

Having a lie in, the roads are quieter so my journey to work is much quicker:)
  • comeandgo
    comeandgo Posts: 5,744 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Kids went back to school today, great!
  • Metranil_Vavin
    Options
    My 4 year old is spending the week at his grandparents up in rural Warwickshire.

OH and I both work (me part time), and we have a childminder the 3 days a week that I work who looks after our 2 year old. We'd either have to pay a fortune in extra CM fees, or take what little holiday we have left to cover the days we work.

DS will have a fab time at the GP's. They have fun stuff planned for everyday, and his 3 year old cousin is also staying for a few days so he's well happy :)
    Metranil dreams of becoming a neon,
    You don't even take him seriously,
    How am I going to get to heaven?,
    When I'm just balanced so precariously..
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I took both children to Comic Con in London. Absolute nightmare, will never do it again. One of the 'kids' is 19 lol.

Way way too many people, and well, you paid £50 just to be treated to more attempts to have more money leached from you. If they could have found a way, we'd have been charged for breathing. We sat in a blow up castle to listen to one panel, and I swear, they were making sure you couldn't escape..., it was a long long walk to get out of the place. Hardly any seats anywhere. It was in ExCel London.., one big aircraft hanger place subdivided.

Never again. Don't care if I am a spoilsport.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure