DMP & Mutual Support Thread - Part 11

Options

Comments

• make_the_change
    Options
    Boldhoof wrote: »
    Really feel for you. We had a nightmare neighbour for a few years. We were fortunate that we had the support of other neighbour's. They have left now, but even though I know they are not there some noises bring back the bad memories. You mentioned you currently rent from a private landlord, doe she have other properties? might be worth approaching them, see if they have anything available. You mention you are on the council list, do you have to place a bid of interest on properties? does it cover a large area, might be worth if possible looking slightly outside your normal area.Other option, not a quick fix unfortunately, is to check to see what Housing Associations are in your area, not all of them use the same list as the council so have their own application forms, and points system.

I hope you and your family find peace and quiet soon

Unfortunately there are no other properties. Yes, I have to bid and I logged on today and I am eligible for nothing. Will look into housing associations. Thank you
    DMP Started June 2016
  • make_the_change
    Options
    Mkl79 wrote: »
    Make-the-change,i know this is much MUCH easier said than done but why not stand up to this "person" (term used loosely!). I do not pretend to know the circumstances however,reading between the lines (she tries to intimidate you at the school,when children are present and you wont go home without OH) suggests to me that this person is just a bully,and bullies are insecure cowards when confronted. Also bear in mind that if she picks on you she has probably had issues with others in the area and if they see someone bite back you may be surprised at how many come out of the woodwork and back you up. Not saying start a riot here by any means,just let this fool know you wont take it anymore!!

Her and her partner are new to the area, only been here about 2 1/2 years and have befriended some people who live where we are (there are approx 70 flats). These people are not the type of people I would like to associate with either. However, they all have children in both of my children's classes and I don't want it impacting on my children, for their safety.

I have tried standing up for my family and been threatened with violence. On Monday when she approached me, rather than discuss any issues she shouted in my face and swore at me, in front of my children. Then raised her hand to hit me. Since I called the police, she seems intent on being intimidating. I always leave earlier for the school run to avoid her and today she left just after me, never does that!! And then rather than exiting the gate where her child's class is, made a point of walking up towards my sons class and out another gate. I've come to my mums and just burst into tears because I feel so upset and scared. Every day.
    DMP Started June 2016
  • KID77
    KID77 Posts: 221 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Make the Change
    I can't believe grown adults behave like this, its awful and I really feel for you. What is her issue with you???
    If your mum is seeing you so upset will she let you move in with her? I know you said it would be extremely cramped but even just for a short while til you find something else.
    Xx
    DMP Number 437
    LBM May 2015 47k in debt
    Starting DMP 1st July 2015
  • blisteringblue
    Options
    Work is so mad, not been on again for a while. Sig updated anyway and have put my BC / PRA(T) payment back to normal, so no more tokens as all happily defaulted. Mrs BB had the BC default notification in October and it's still not complete, so that will be 12 months of token's next month. Their cogs turn mega slow it would seem, but they don't hassle so not even slightly an issue.
  • make_the_change
    Options
    KID77 wrote: »
    Make the Change
    I can't believe grown adults behave like this, its awful and I really feel for you. What is her issue with you???
    If your mum is seeing you so upset will she let you move in with her? I know you said it would be extremely cramped but even just for a short while til you find something else.
    Xx

I have no idea. One of her new friends has never really spoken to me, always been quite rude. The other parent had an issue with my son when they first started school 18 months ago, boys being a bit too heavy handed when play fighting so since then she has not taken to me very well. We are talking about 4/5 year olds. And they seemed to have formed a gang between them. Any noise my children make, they moan about so now my kids have to tip toe and whisper when at home for fear of them.
    DMP Started June 2016
  • KID77
    KID77 Posts: 221 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    You should be able to live happily and safely in your home. I really hope you get a solution to this soon and sorry I can't offer any advice :-) xx
    DMP Number 437
    LBM May 2015 47k in debt
    Starting DMP 1st July 2015
  • make_the_change
    Options
    KID77 wrote: »
    You should be able to live happily and safely in your home. I really hope you get a solution to this soon and sorry I can't offer any advice :-) xx

Thank you.
    DMP Started June 2016
  • phoenixx
    phoenixx Posts: 228 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Work is so mad, not been on again for a while. Sig updated anyway and have put my BC / PRA(T) payment back to normal, so no more tokens as all happily defaulted. Mrs BB had the BC default notification in October and it's still not complete, so that will be 12 months of token's next month. Their cogs turn mega slow it would seem, but they don't hassle so not even slightly an issue.

Hi BB - crazy times at work for us too. Well done on the BC defaults. Out of 7 accounts with them, we now have 3 defaulted so just flogging away with the tokens until the rest go. BC are the oddest company - I can't see why some accounts would be defaulted and not others.
    DMP since August 2011
    DFD January 2018 hopefully sooner :j
    Debt at start: £98769:eek:
    Debt now: £24993:o
    Paid back: £73776 :j
    Taking it one day at a time:T
  • BeingDebtFreeStartsHere
    Options
    I hope you all don't mind me asking but what amount do you normally allow for your budget each week? I have bus fare, school dinner money, petrol and groceries to get each week so I was wondering what people feel is a manageable amount to budget for on a weekly basis. Our DMP review is due in a couple of months so wondering if I need to allow more wiggle room in the budget to give us a little more each week as we do often struggle to keep within budget meaning we end up in difficulty the final week before payday :(

Thanks in advance.

BDFSH x
  • Ellieseleven
    Ellieseleven Posts: 2,118 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    2spicy wrote: »
    We fought with BC last year and managed to get them to back down
    How long have you got left for your DMP to run ?

Write them a letter quoting the fact youve been duely paying your DMP and that its very unfair of them to start applying interest thi s late in the day. ask them nicely if they will re-consider. worth a try

Thanks for the reply 2spicy. I have written to them to ask them to reconsider...nothing to lose;)

Ellie xx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport