PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

OS Daily thread Sunday 1st February

Options
This is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything Old Style and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what Old Style things we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an Old Style natter. The more the merrier!

As this is the Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or SLOW internet connections, so please don’t post large pictures, or clip art – links are preferred. When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning.

Some people who chat here like to try to answer everyone. Don’t feel you have to though, a general “hi everyone, hope everyone’s well” is fine
Chin up, Titus out.

Comments

• camelot1001
    camelot1001 Posts: 6,025 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning All

HH - I was wondering where you were, hope your work settles down.

Up bright and early for no reason but DD and I are having a day in Edinburgh, starting with a trip to the car boot sale so want to be there early ish.

Washed a couple of throws from the settees yesterday and put them on the line to dry, gosh was I happy when I brought them in - they smell so fresh! The living room has a lovely fresh smell to it now, hope we have some more good weather as that small thing cheered me up no end!

Ordered the stove yesterday so it will be a couple of weeks before that is installed. Didn't have much shopping to do, just a few fresh veg. Made pasta sauce and had that for tea, really enjoyed it and there's enough left for Monday. Have a chicken defrosting for tonight, will cook that when I get home.

Hope you all have an enjoyable Sunday. Take care. XX
  • Hard_Up_Hester
    Options
    Morning all

Pinch punch & all that.

I've been up since 6 with DGS, he is 9 & doesn't need much sleep, he went to bead & read last night, he isn't allowed out of his bedroom until 6 in the morning, but is allowed to play quietly or read before then.
    I was watching the clock, 5:57, 5:58, 5:59, the door hinge squeaked. 'Good morning cuckoo, it's 6 o'clock' 'Good morning sweetie, lets go & have breakfast'
    He's had pain chocolate & a glass of milk, then I made pancakes, at 9ish when hubby gets up I'll make a full cooked breakfast & he will eat that too & he's as skinny as a rake.

I shall have a nanna nap later, I'm hoping to get some more decluttering done today as DGS can spend some time gardening with hubby.

Have a good day everyone.

Hugs Hester
    Chin up, Titus out.
  • donny-gal
    donny-gal Posts: 4,654 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Bonjour

White Rabbits

Must dash - next stop Bordeaux

Task care everyone. DG
    Member #8 of the SKI-ers Club
    Why is it I have less time now I am retired then when I worked?
  • TravellingAbuela
    Options
    Morning all. Been up since silly o'clock again. I do wish I could get back in the sleeping habit.

Thankfully no overnight snow. Nice to get a reprieve from it. Though the snow already lying looks very "glisteny" and will be deadly to walk on.

I don't know what's happened to my left eyelid. It's all red, itchy and swollen and feels really sore (as well as looking a mess). Mr TA was in a kind of down mood yesterday and it's not like him. The hospital news on Tuesday flattened the both of us but the success rate of the injections in halting the growth of NE tumours gave us something to hope for. Unlike me, he always looks on the positive side but yesterday he was being quite morbid. I hope he can shake this off as its just not like him.

No plans for today really. Sun is forecast (though know it will be bitterly cold) so maybe we could wrap up warm and have a walk up to the moors if he feels up to it. Otherwise I really must get back to sorting out the wardrobes - a job I started on two weeks ago!

Made a chicken casserole for tea yesterday and enough left for lunch today. I have a fancy for fish so may get some smoked haddock out to defrost for dinner tonight.

Have a good day all and take care if you have icy pavements like us xx
    "If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"
  • dumpling
    dumpling Posts: 2,491 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Good morning everyone :wave:

It's nice to 'see' you HH, I also have a grandchild staying but I think she's still asleep after a very late night. I'll see if she fancies coming to sunday school a bit later on but I'm guessing she will want to stay with DD13 as she is like a little mini-me to her.

DD14 has gone to babysit my other grandchild so his mum can go to work. She will bring him over in an hour or so to stay with us until my eldest finishes.

I've bought myself a fitbit one so I can see exactly how inactive I am :eek:. It's been quite an eye-opener but the good thing is it also records your sleep and I have found out that I am getting far more sleep than I thought but I am waking up over 20 times a night so that would explain why I feel so rotten and tired all the time. Not sure what I can do about it though?

Well, you have put me in the mood for pancakes Hester so I shall make up a batter ready for when everyone gets up so I shall love you and leave you. Hope you all have a lovely day whatever you are up to, special hugs for TA and your OH, take care xx
  • Moorhen
    Moorhen Posts: 964 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    edited 1 February 2015 at 9:29AM
    Options
    Morning everyone and hugs to all those in need,

Dumpling I too have bought a fitbit. Not the one that monitors sleep as I am really lucky and sleep like a log, but the activity one. i have found out that I almost always manage over ten thousand steps on a week day (I walk to work) but at the weekend i am nowhere near. I need to do something about it!

Hester Sorry that work is bad, hope it works out soon.

LW I have recently found out that the lovely dog that greets me on my way to work every day is not a hairy corgi but a labrador/jack russell cross. Her owner says that everyone thinks that she is of royal corgi descent!

Off to church in a minute, have a lovely day everyone :)
  • tru
    tru Posts: 9,138 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Morning :hello:[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]I went to Little Mate's party yesterday (though his birthday isn't til tomorrow) and it was great, bit loud though :D I nipped out a few times for some peace and quiet. His mum filled a plate for him then let him choose where to sit, he picked the seat next to me. Yes I know he's only 1 and he sat next to the closet person to him that he knew well, but I like to think I'm now his favourite :D and he proved it by dropping food onto my coat :D[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]It was soooo cold on the way home, I rushed into the house to warm up. I'd forgotten I'd put the slow cooker on before I went out, it smelt fab when I opened the front door.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]No snow here, all we've had is a bit of hail.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]The wooden shelf in the greenhouse is rotting so I'm going to take it out. I have some pots I wanted to store in there for a couple of months, I'll have to find another home for them. I'll also need to find somewhere to store the bits and pieces that are already in there. Not today though, it's far too cold to be outside when I don't need to be.[/FONT]

:beer:
    Bulletproof
  • snoozer
    snoozer Posts: 3,596 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi everyone,

Dumpling - go to the dr, it's possible you have sleep apnoea which is easily treated.

We went to see a wedding venue yesterday, it was perfect but we'd been dismissing it before because it would be a long journey for the guests from Scotland (the groom's family). We are seeing another place next week in the Lake District but it will have to go some to beat yesterdays.

I'm watching the tennis - go Andy, DH has gone to the gym and we've no real plans for the rest of the day. I want to try to finish the quilt top I'm working on.

Have a good day.
  • redruby
    redruby Posts: 7,317 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all.

Snow has all gone :( that will be our lot for the year being so far south.

Its very cold here though with a good breeze, I have my down walking jackets in the wash, they need special detergent so are in there on there own, will strip the bed and get that on the go after, will hang the bedding out as there is a chance it might dry off.

Roast pork for dinner today with all the trimmings, OH and I can do it between us, I also need to do an online shop for the week and we need to knuckle down and get some ebaying done.

Right better get on, have good days all and take care xx
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,080 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Morning everyone.

It's so bright here but cold. Beautiful weather, so far. May be forced to go outside for a walk! Here's hoping the snow stays away.

No real plans for today though I did receive my order of Hebridean wool and Manx wool the other day. Am itching to get started on 'something' but really need a proper plan for it. Still working my way through my stash of bamboo yarn.

Breakfast is bacon and egg. Lunch is yesterday's left overs and I fancy toasted cheese for evening meal.

Happy Sunday everyone.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport