Sports Direct - returning online bought items?

Options
Sorry - i don't really know the most suitable forum for this one.

I bought a pair of Nike trainers from them which arrived today but the glue on the toes is quite bad in my opinion on the right shoe. It looks like a fake the quality is that bad!

I bought some Adidas ones from in the high street last year & after only a month or so wear, the toes started splitting where they're glued.

I'd had this style trainers for many years (both Nike & Adidas), probably 6-8 pairs in total with absolutely zero problem. The pair last year were the first issue i'd had.

So i bought a replacement today & it's the same 'quality'.

The website mentions returning online orders via post. I was just wondering if they can be returned direct to the store?

I'm half tempted to wear them & when they split in a month or two, take them back & say they should be lasting longer than this.

I don't see why i should pay to send their poor quality goods back though which is why i'd like to return to the store (if possible).

Comments

• shaun_from_Africa
    Options
    I'm half tempted to wear them & when they split in a month or two, take them back & say they should be lasting longer than this.

I wouldn't recommend this course of action.
    From reading previous posts about SD, what would probably happen is that when you take them back to the store, someone will have a quick look and decide that the reason for the splitting is down to misuse and they can't refund.

Your best bet would be to return them by post stating that the reason for the return is faulty manufacture. That way you have a chance of getting the return postage refunded.
    If you do this, make sure that you use a method that proves delivery.
  • JustAnotherSaver
    Options
    Thanks.

I've emailed them also to see if i can take back to store or not. I'm not holding out much hope even for a reply.
  • vuvuzela
    vuvuzela Posts: 3,648 Forumite
    Options
    You can't, the online one is run separately from the stores. http://www.sportsdirect.com/customerservices/completedorders/returnsandexchanges
  • Collabora
    Collabora Posts: 1,360 Forumite
    Options
    with SD the online store and high street stores are run as 2 separate businesses, thats why you cant return online stuff to stores
  • wealdroam
    wealdroam Posts: 19,181 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've emailed them also to see if i can take back to store or not. I'm not holding out much hope even for a reply.
    I cannot understand why you have done that.

As you have already told us, their T&Cs are quite clear.
  • kays_kid
    kays_kid Posts: 41 Forumite
    Options
    Hi I bought a pair of trainers on Wednesday online from Sports Direct and they arrived yesterday but my son did not like them! I took them back to a Sports Direct shop today and they were going to exchange them but there wasn't any my son wanted so they gave me a credit note and a pin number if I wished to go back online and order something. Hope this helped.
  • georgegee
    Options
    I recently purchased products online from Sports Direct (April 2015) and there was no problem returning them to store - they seemed to have the option on the tills ("online returns"). BUT, I did get a credit note, not money - which is annoying.
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    georgegee wrote: »
    I recently purchased products online from Sports Direct (April 2015) and there was no problem returning them to store - they seemed to have the option on the tills ("online returns"). BUT, I did get a credit note, not money - which is annoying.

It's the terms and conditions you abide to when you bought from Sports Direct so hardly annoying.
  • deanos
    deanos Posts: 11,223 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Uniform Washer
    Options
    use there freepost i used it recently
    "Hi,

Thank you for your email.

Sorry to hear this.

Please return products to:

FREEPOST RRGJ-ZZSB-GLBX
    Sports Direct
    PO BOX 9034
    Mansfield
    NG18 9DD

Please include your invoice clearly stating the reason for return and whether you require a refund or exchange.
    As soon as we receive your item back it will be processed for an exchange/refund as requested.

Please retain your postal receipt.

We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience caused by this matter.

Kind Regards

Rebecca
    SportsDirect.com"
  • McKneff
    McKneff Posts: 38,831 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 20 April 2016 at 4:26PM
    Options
    georgegee wrote: »
    You had no right to anything including a credit note, you would have been more annoyed if they had just told you to jog on
    make the most of it, we are only here for the weekend.
    and we will never, ever return.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport