Second Time Lucky

Options

Comments

• amycool
    amycool Posts: 866 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Muser1 wrote: »
    Amy you need a different driving school! I know exactly how you feel mne used to have me in tears and I dreaded each and every lesson.

My oh is a driving instructor and I would have loved him to be mine! All the girls fall in love with him because he is just so lovely and patient. He knows how to get the best out of each client. You are paying them and they shouldn't make you feel like they do.

Your Oh isn't in the North west by any chance? :) It's so hard to find patient instructors. I looked online and so many people have impatient, rude instructors who reduce them to a quivering wreck!

Since the bad lesson I've been having stomach pains, which I'm hoping are down to stress and aren't anything more suspicious. There's far too much going on in my life at the moment!
    Mortgage (Start Sep 2014)- £70,295/£0 - 100%
    Overpayments - £48829.37 :j:j:j
    Mortgage paid off Jan 2020
  • amycool
    Options
    Good news - just cashed £9.99 on TCB and £10 on ipsos.

Bad news - you can't use the £100 tesco voucher on-line so I won't be able to make use of the spend £60, get £16 off deal. Damn. I'll have to print it out.

Good news - sent a few invites to colleagues for TCB so if they sign up and make some money I'll get £5-£10.

Bad news - felt really ill all day yesterday - coughing, feeling sick, stomach ache, tiredness. Need to get well quick!!
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    poor you, it sounds like a trip to the dr might be in order.
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st11lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 40.25% through my pb challenge.
  • Firegirl
    Options
    Hope you feel better soon!!!!!!

That's very annoying about the tesco vouchers.
    Mortgage balance Feb 2015 start of MFW Journey-£245316.06/Aim to be mortgage neutral 2022 — Target for May 2024 14 Year Target Balance MF50 = £89,535 — Mortgage Balance £106, 000—Target for May 2024! £89,535

Retirement Planning
    Starting Position : Pension 1-£165,000/Pension 2-£50,000/Pension 3-£9,500/ISA-£87,000/Total-£311,500
  • freedomby30
    Options
    when you say northwest how close to mold/wrexham are you as i know an incredible instructor
  • amycool
    Options
    when you say northwest how close to mold/wrexham are you as i know an incredible instructor

Nowhere near I'm afraid! I wonder if there's a rating website for driving instructors? If not, why not?!! :D
  • amycool
    Options
    After worrying that I might have serious gastric problems, I'm now 98% sure it was the driving causing the stress, which caused the pain.

Sunday I felt much better, and then I woke up this morning dreading the lesson and in agony. As soon as I got home (and told her I was "having a break from lessons") the pain magically vanished! Phew. If it starts up again, I'll go and see the doctor. I need to be fighting fit this month! IBS runs in my family and because I'm on permanent antibiotics my digestive system takes a beating.

Less than a week now until matching panel, which really isn't helping the anxiety! I'm fairly calm about it though. As calm as I can be. Everything is ready and I've thought about possible questions they may ask.

My Mum has been considering paying a gardener as her arthritis makes mowing the lawn impossible, but I thought that was crazy on her low budget so we went round to mow both lawns yesterday. It was hilarious! There were dozens of tiny frogs having the time of their lives in the long wet grass! My Mum had a fit as she's scared of them (???) but we had an exhausting but great time catching them and putting them in a bucket. There were some interesting moths too. It's funny because when she cleared the back garden I mourned the loss of habitat for all the birds and insects. It turns out not cutting the lawn for a month or two is just as good! We have actively tried to leave a wild bit in our garden and there's virtually nothing in there!

I have loads of stuff to get done this week but really just want a lazy day listening to music and watching youtube clips. Maybe Thursday will be my TCB day. :p
  • debtfreeoneday
    Options
    Easier said than done, but try not to worry about panel, am sure you will be fine and then introductions can begin.. so exciting!
    DFW (08/08) £64,346.53 Gone (02/19)
    MFW (08/08) £118k Gone (09/23)
  • amycool
    Options
    Easier said than done, but try not to worry about panel, am sure you will be fine and then introductions can begin.. so exciting!

They said yes. :D <---that's what I looked like when I came out of the meeting!

It's nice to finally be able to tell friends and family and to stop worrying so much (not that we're quite there yet, but nearly).

Only a few weeks to wait hopefully and I will be a Mum! How crazy is that?
  • freedomby30
    Options
    oh amy thats amazing congratulations!!! *hands out the champagne* have you seen a picture yet? i bet shes gorgeous!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure