🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

how do i pay halifax credit card??

Options
hi

I've recently done a balance transfer from virgin. paying it has been so easy and allowed me to pay form my lloyds account.

now that I've managed to get onto the online banking for halifax, it seems i can't make a payment unless i open halifax bank account and switch to it from my lloyds account!

is that right?? i really don't want to switch. i simply want to make a payment from my bank account I've had since i was 16.

please tell me theres an easy way to do it as i don't want to have to phone them every week or every month to make a payment.

Comments

• Cornucopia
    Cornucopia Posts: 16,189 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    You need the sort-code and account number from Halifax (either ask them, or use the one on the payment slip on your statements).

Use that info to set up a new bill payment or standing order on your existing current account. (You need to use your credit card number as the payment reference, too).

Alternatively, ask your bank to do it for you. (They may well have the correct payment details already on file).
  • noh
    noh Posts: 5,804 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
  • bobster999
    bobster999 Posts: 113 Forumite
    Options
    Thank you everyone. It seems it's not as straight forward as I thought but just a bit of a longer process.

Thanks for the help :)
  • Sparx
    Sparx Posts: 909 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Pretty straight forward if you ask me... :huh:
  • Cornucopia
    Cornucopia Posts: 16,189 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Possibly not if you've never done it before.

One thing I sometimes do with a new bill payment that has been typed-in manually is to make a test payment of £1, just to check that it gets to where it's supposed to.
  • YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Cornucopia wrote: »
    Possibly not if you've never done it before.
    I think the problem lies with the OP's eagerness to start paying off the (presumably 0%?) balance. Setting aside the fact that their question is answered on the Halifax website, if they would only wait for the first statement to arrive then things would be very clear since there's a "how do I make a payment" section with the statement. :)
    One thing I sometimes do with a new bill payment that has been typed-in manually is to make a test payment of £1, just to check that it gets to where it's supposed to.
    Only sometimes!? :eek:
  • Morglin
    Morglin Posts: 15,920 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Halifax used to allow payment, on their site, as other CC accounts do, but have changed it now, unless you have a bank account with them.

So, you either have to pay it online via your own bank, set up a DD or post them a cheque.

Lin :)
    You can tell a lot about a woman by her hands..........for instance, if they are placed around your throat, she's probably slightly upset. ;)
  • d70cw6
    d70cw6 Posts: 784 Forumite
    Options
    Morglin wrote: »
    Halifax used to allow payment, on their site, as other CC accounts do, but have changed it now, unless you have a bank account with them.

So, you either have to pay it online via your own bank, set up a DD or post them a cheque.

what's one of them?
  • Morglin
    Morglin Posts: 15,920 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Lol - I still insist on my bank sending me a cheque book - handy at times!

You can tell a lot about a woman by her hands..........for instance, if they are placed around your throat, she's probably slightly upset. ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 6 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport