IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

ukpc meole brace shrewsbury

Options
i was really shocked to receive a parking ticket though the post last Saturday 8th March. It said my husband left the site (its a out of town shopping area) he went to numerous shops so he didn't leave the site. We have been to this car park many times in the past & there has never been a charge there ever. They want £100. We even went @ christmas & spent 1 1/2 in currys. What do we do now.

Comments

• Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,461 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Read this to start with.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4816822

Come back if there is anything that's not clear. You might not believe this at the moment, given the 'trauma' of receiving the unexpected parking charge through the post, but this can easily be kicked into the long grass.

Please do read the above link thoroughly, as the better you understand this, the easier you will find it to deal with.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,481 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    You can do what these newbies did:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4911394

Read the sticky info that was here all the time, appeal and win at POPLA.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • ColliesCarer
    ColliesCarer Posts: 1,593 Forumite
    Options
    hi i recently posted about a letter we received through the post which was a parking ticket. i followed the advice given and sent them a reply that i got off your website. But we have received another this weekend to say that my husband left the area which he didn't as he was in the shops the whole time. The letter is so complicated and they want us to pay the reduced rate of 60 if we pay now. Can you tell me what my next course of action is please.

Did they provide a POPLA code in their letter?
  • cheeseandonion1
    Options
    sorry i dont know what a popla code is
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,461 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    sorry i dont know what a popla code is

Did you not read this as advised? I did say the more you understood this stuff the better (and more successfully) you will handle it.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4816822

Judging by your question, I suspect you haven't read it, so you're not even at base 1 yet.

This isn't going to work unless you work with us. We won't do it all for you, I'm sorry.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    A mate of mine got one off Meole Brace a couple of months ago. He is clued up and has been ignoring them just to see what they do.

So far he has had a few nasty letters but they seem to have stopped now.

Ps Pizza Hut on there is really poor avoid it like the plague.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure