Finlux TVs

Options
Hi all,

Does anyone have any feedback on this company Finlux? Their TVs are reasonably priced but strggling to find a quantity of independent reviews for them.

When we last bought a TV (7 years ago) after a lot of research we went for an AOC and avoided the big name brands on basis that screens where probably made in same factory! It has not been a decision we have regreted as TV has been really good. Just wondering whether it is worthwhile us doing the same again this time around or will we regret it.

Comments

• poppasmurf_bewdley
    Options
    Didn't Granada TV Rental rent Finlux TV's in the 60's and 70's? If not that name, it was something very similar.
    "There are not enough superlatives in the English language to describe a 'Princess Coronation' locomotive in full cry. We shall never see their like again". O S Nock
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Youknowme wrote: »
    avoided the big name brands on basis that screens where probably made in same factory!
    This does not seem any basis for not buying. Why would being made in the same factory, to the same high standards and quality, be any cause for concern? Or are you suggesting that different manufacturers are using the same factory? :eek:

As for Finlux and AOC, they aren't popular brands in this country and that accounts for the dearth of reviews. I don't think them having their own factory (if they do;)) will impact negatively or positively on the quality of their products.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Didn't Granada TV Rental rent Finlux TV's in the 60's and 70's?
    Yes they did!:)
  • poppasmurf_bewdley
    Options

Hey, the old brainbox is still working then! :j
    "There are not enough superlatives in the English language to describe a 'Princess Coronation' locomotive in full cry. We shall never see their like again". O S Nock
  • Youknowme_2
    Options
    This does not seem any basis for not buying. Why would being made in the same factory, to the same high standards and quality, be any cause for concern? Or are you suggesting that different manufacturers are using the same factory? :eek:

I meant that the AOC screens and the screens of the big brand names were being made to pretty much the same spec and high quality in the same factory and thus AOC proved greater value for money.

At the time there were more reviews of the AOC as there are for Finlux at present.
    1005922 Posts: 176 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Finlux are quite big abroad, they aren't that widely known in this country, I would buy one when it comes around to my next TV purchase.

There are the odd reviews on the internet if you look hard enough
  • keith1950
    keith1950 Posts: 2,597 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    From what I remember the Granada rental televisions were....Finlandia .
  • Inner_Zone
    Inner_Zone Posts: 2,853 Forumite
    edited 3 January 2014 at 4:14PM
    Options
    Didn't Granada TV Rental rent Finlux TV's in the 60's and 70's? If not that name, it was something very similar.

Sorry both wrong, they were manufactured by Salora and branded Finlandia, (ex Granada TV rental employee).

Curry used to sell Finlux in the seventies, my parents first colour TV was a Finlux from Currys (before they were a part of the Dixon's group).

Actually they were once a good brand but now just a badge on Vestel products.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Finlux
    1005922 Posts: 176 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I've just recalled where I saw a review on them and 1st heard about the company it was on the Gadget Show I'm pretty sure the review was a good one too
  • poppasmurf_bewdley
    Options

Well I got the 'Fin' bit right. :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure