IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Ticket from CPM

Options
Hello all,

I have joined this forum seeking advice on a "Parking Charge Notice" issued to my vehicle on 14-09-2013.

this issue was due to my car not displaying a permit in the windscreen, the car park in question is a car park for the residents of the flats I live in. I live with someone and when the permits were issued the person I share with received the "Residents Permit" and I used the visitor permit although I never stuck it to my windscreen as we would then have no visitor permit to give to those visiting.

anyway one day when my dear old mother had the visitor permit I received the ticket, given the hours on a visitor ticket (4 hours stay max) I still would of received a ticket even if it was displayed. this is the first time they have visited the car park since my residence due to my knowledge (over a few years) I know they only recently came into control of the car park but they still had not visited the car park for months. The gentleman who issued the charge said he had come from London for the day (car park is on the isle of wight) anyway I appealed and as though it was refused and they sent back a letter with pictures showing my car with no permit on display in the parking space I have parked that same car in for the past 2 years without bother.

I received the unsuccessful appeal letter today. 4-19-13.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

please not in the letter they DID include POPLA information.

just me or is £60 (within 14 days) or £100 extremely sharp for a mere parking charge?

many thanks!

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 133,018 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 11 January 2014 at 2:18AM
    Options
    The gentleman who issued the charge
    They are not gentlemen!! :)

You do not pay, you now have the golden ticket you need to win at POPLA. We help every poster win every time right now.

Read any other threads on the forum about POPLA appeal wording - just go back a few pages looking at thread titles and you'll find a few. Also read the most recent winning POPLA appeal decisions and why they won (start reading at the end of the 'POPLA decisions' thread near the top of the forum). Don't read from the first post there as they are old decisions. We've won 100% of the time for months.

Then draft your appeal and post it here for comments. Your appeal won't be about the permit, won't be about mitigating circumstances. It will be about contrcat law and what the PPC has done wrong. Can you tell us exactly how the signage is worded please?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • lesnmandy
    Options
    The signage within the car park correct?
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    Yes please, the exact words or take a photo, host it on tinypic and post a broken link here (= remove the http:// as this site won't let newbies post a full link until you have more posts). I want to be sure what the signs say about any contravention and rules.

Also, is there a sign at the entrance? If not that's a breach, except in very small car parks.
  • lesnmandy
    Options
    there is one an the entrance, 3/4 in total if I remember correctly, I shall get a photo of one when I return home.

thank you for your guidance in this infuriating con.
  • lesnmandy
    Options
    ://tinypic.com/r/xfunsx/5
  • lesnmandy
    Options
    Bump? :( only have 9 days till fine goes to £100.
  • Coupon-mad
    edited 10 January 2014 at 9:12PM
    Options
    Clicky sign piccy:

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=xfunsx&s=5#.UngnzehFCpo

Well it does attempt to make it a contractual agreement to pay so you will need to word your POPLA appeal carefully.

Can you show us the rejection letter wording too; does it allege that the driver 'failed to comply' or 'breached' the parking t&cs'?

Can you also show us a piccy of the original 'ticket' (which you should actually have ignored by the way...our advice is always to WAIT for the Notice to Keeper in the post because they are usually non-compliant and easier to pick holes in than a windscreen ticket). NEXT TIME WAIT!

lesnmandy wrote: »
    Bump? :( only have 9 days till fine goes to £100.

That doesn't matter at all as you will win at POPLA, won't pay anything, and you have 28 days to use the code from the date it was generated.
  • lesnmandy
    Options
    I will try to upload them tonight failing that tomorrow. Off to London for the day to try and get a visa from the Japanese embassy. Should be fun. :/
  • lesnmandy
    Options
    Bumpy please :)
  • Coupon-mad
    edited 10 January 2014 at 9:14PM
    Options
    Need to remove your car reg! And any other ID details - your name & address!

I saw that the letter alleges breach of contract. Pick the appeal style you like as long as you include 'no genuine pre-estimate of loss' and ''CPM don't own this site so they have no legal standing to make contracts with drivers nor to pursue any loss...blah blah...landowner contract...''

You'll see when you look at any other threads about POPLA as I suggested before.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure