IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Excel Parking - Retail Park UPDATED 17/12 Reply Received

Options

Comments

• ample_samples_1980
    Options
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    Complain to the Store Manager at Asda anyway and ask them to phone up with you car reg to cancel the ticket. If he/she won't cancel it (and WHY NOT?? as you were shopping!!) ask them to phone up purely for the purpose of getting the ticket number to at least enable you to appeal in time.

Don't be fobbed off with 'if we had your ticket numbr I could cancel it' nor 'this is nothing to do with us' nor 'we don't own the car park' (= a lie). Your car reg number and the approx date is bound to be enough for the Manager to give Smart over the phone, to locate the ticket number.

Excellent will do thanks, actually I am going to go in armed with a few months of bank statements highlighted with Asda deductions as we litteraly use that asda about 20 times a month!!!
    2014 Wins : Aug : Retro Sweet Box, Family Tix to Leeds Dino Exhibition, 2 x Capital Cup Football Tickets, 2 x VIP Experience to the Saturdays concert
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Very good plan. Let us know the outcome which I hope will now be a cancellation.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • ample_samples_1980
    Options
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    Very good plan. Let us know the outcome which I hope will now be a cancellation.

Will do thanks very much. I hope they both get cancelled but fully expect the Excel parking one to have to go through POPLA so I will be back with my POPLA appeal in due corse as I will be emailed them the Soft Appeal at the weekend.
    2014 Wins : Aug : Retro Sweet Box, Family Tix to Leeds Dino Exhibition, 2 x Capital Cup Football Tickets, 2 x VIP Experience to the Saturdays concert
  • AnnieO1234
    AnnieO1234 Posts: 1,722 Forumite
    Options
    Sounds like OP should've a) read the signage and b) put a reg plate in before throwing money at machine. IIRC the machines Excel use require the registration number then you input the coins.

It sounds like OP knew the site well enough so why not ensure you have change?

It also sounds as if OP and her DH don't care about other users and choose to ignore these pcns. Maybe if everyone kept to the rules, excel and everyone else would cease trading.
  • Trebor16
    Trebor16 Posts: 3,061 Forumite
    Options
    Keeping to rules Annie? You just don't seem to get it that these companies are scammers and they will try it on even if people keep to the rules.
    "You should know not to believe everything in media & polls by now !"

John539 2-12-14 Post 15030
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    AnnieO1234 wrote: »
    Rubbish thinking Excel make the rules...

Someone doesn't understand about the scam of private parking companies.
  • Hovite_2
    Hovite_2 Posts: 749 Forumite
    Options
    Sounds like OP should've a) read the signage and b) put a reg plate in before throwing money at machine. IIRC the machines Excel use require the registration number then you input the coins.

It also sounds as if OP and her DH don't care about other users and choose to ignore these pcns. Maybe if everyone kept to the rules, excel and everyone else would cease trading.

I'm guessing that your 174 thank you's aren't for posts on parking ?
  • Guys_Dad
    Guys_Dad Posts: 11,025 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Sounds like OP should've a) read the signage and ......................It also sounds as if OP and her DH don't care about other users and choose to ignore these pcns. Maybe if everyone kept to the rules, excel and everyone else would cease trading.

Please remember the advice about adhering to the rules should you ever get a speeding ticket. Just a thought. :D
  • ample_samples_1980
    Options

Could you point out where it sounds like I know the site well?? That was actually my second visit to the site, and I only went as it was an emergency run to pick something up I found out I needed last minute, the town is not a town I usually visit. Also could you point me in the direction where I said I DIDN'T enter my reg number first.....I pretty sure I didn't divulge that information so it's a pretty (incorrect) daft assumption to make - I also know you have to place the money in the slot of the machine and not actually throw money at the machine - that would just be silly!

Could you tell me also how from clearly (again incorrectly) reading between the lines you can make a statement of 'Not caring about other users??' how the hell does shopping in a supermarket and overstaying or parking in a near empty car park with no change even affect 'Other users??'.....oh right wait, it doesn't.

Why should everyone keep to the ''Rules'' that are un lawful.

Has no one ever told you if you have nothing constructive to say then zip it? No? Well now they have so stop being a weirdo. :D
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    Have you got a POPLA code yet or have Excel stalled and said some rubbish about wanting to know who was driving (to which a keeper replies: stuff that, give me the POPLA code!).
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure