Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • BIG MOC
    • By BIG MOC 29th Aug 13, 12:33 AM
    • 528Posts
    • 7,610Thanks
    BIG MOC
    EXPIRED Vax S87-T2 poss 25 at Argos
    • 29th Aug 13, 12:33 AM
    EXPIRED Vax S87-T2 poss 25 at Argos 29th Aug 13 at 12:33 AM
    *** Credit for this deal goes to emmar2007 and SLK8*** from hukd

if you order the steamworks mop at Argos, you actually get given the Vax S87-T2, I was unsure this was national or just something at one particular store. Well as I was given this at the Romford branch, so Im assuming its national. I took it home and tested it out, and its rather good. I think its a pretty good price for a Vax, you get one mop head and a 400 ml water tank

Edit: The Vax was previously on sale at 49.99 at Sainsburys (original price 100.00)

This has now been confirmed nationwide but beware ordering to store as you may not get the vax. only get if the store is showing as having stock

hukd
    http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/vax-s87-t2-25-00-argos-substitued-for-steamworks-one-1639025

Argos
    http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Search/searchTerms/STEAMWORKS+MOP.htm

I and many have now received the Vax,
    Good Luck
Page 1
  • leggyno9
    • 29th Aug 13, 12:50 AM
    • 29th Aug 13, 12:50 AM
    Thanks OP and Op's on HUKD, have one reserved for store collection on Friday. Hopefully it's the vax but I need one anyway.
    Ebay has them at 34.99 just in case argos stop the glitch.
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vax-S87-T2-Red-Steam-Mop-Upright-Stick-Steamer-Cleaner-RRP-99-1-Year-Guarantee-/141036577667
  • oobjasob
    • 29th Aug 13, 4:30 AM
    • 29th Aug 13, 4:30 AM
    Bought one yesterday at Plas Coch store in Wrexham. Would have gone back the next day and got a refund had it not been the Vax but thankfully it was! Very pleased with the results. Excellent buy.
  • Minniemee
    • 29th Aug 13, 8:25 AM
    • 29th Aug 13, 8:25 AM
    Thanks OP. I've reserved one to pick up later. Fingers crossed its the Vax.
    "Women are made to be loved, not understood - Oscar Wilde .

A big thank you to all the fab people that take the time to post bargains
  • medsec54
    • 29th Aug 13, 9:24 AM
    • 29th Aug 13, 9:24 AM
    I got one for me and one for a friend, my daughter also bought one - can confirm all were Vax S87-T2
    • goldenboyuk
    • By goldenboyuk 29th Aug 13, 9:44 AM
    • 10 Posts
    • 11 Thanks
    goldenboyuk
    • 29th Aug 13, 9:44 AM
    • 29th Aug 13, 9:44 AM
    yes i got mine over the weekend, the sales staff were unaware
    • mummyofonechild
    • By mummyofonechild 29th Aug 13, 10:26 AM
    • 1,927 Posts
    • 5,557 Thanks
    mummyofonechild
    • 29th Aug 13, 10:26 AM
    • 29th Aug 13, 10:26 AM
    I have just come back from Stafford - The Hough with 2 Vax steam cleaners and also got a voucher for 5 as I spent 50. Thanks to you all ��
    Mortgage Free as of 31/5/11
    • IrishRose12
    • By IrishRose12 29th Aug 13, 10:49 AM
    • 1,449 Posts
    • 6,210 Thanks
    IrishRose12
    • 29th Aug 13, 10:49 AM
    • 29th Aug 13, 10:49 AM
    Out of stock in my nearest 10 stores in Belfast :-( Wonder if this would work for Home delivery?
    • Scaredy Cat
    • By Scaredy Cat 29th Aug 13, 11:05 AM
    • 2,772 Posts
    • 2,420 Thanks
    Scaredy Cat
    • 29th Aug 13, 11:05 AM
    • 29th Aug 13, 11:05 AM
    Have been looking for something similar to this for a while - looking at the X5 thing they advertise on telly. Is this the same sort of thing? Does it separate so you have a hand-held small steam cleaner? Also, do you get any attachments with it please?
    • scooby353
    • By scooby353 29th Aug 13, 11:12 AM
    • 43 Posts
    • 59 Thanks
    scooby353
    Been around all weekend, think someone commented on hukd they got home delivery and it worked, keep checking i got last one at my store and today they had more showing in stock!
    • Cheapchick
    • By Cheapchick 29th Aug 13, 12:12 PM
    • 1,079 Posts
    • 1,592 Thanks
    Cheapchick
    Thanks OP, just picked one up from my local store. Been after something like this for a while but couldn't justify big price tag. Off to have a go now!
    • Simbacat
    • By Simbacat 29th Aug 13, 12:22 PM
    • 131 Posts
    • 63 Thanks
    Simbacat
    Thanks OP - just picked mine up from Dumfries. The lady serving me was surprised and managed to reserve the last one for herself
    • albionrovers
    • By albionrovers 29th Aug 13, 12:23 PM
    • 1,995 Posts
    • 526 Thanks
    albionrovers
    What if this backfires? Can the product be returned?
  • Minniemee
    Thank you. Just picked mine up now! X

• Princess kate
    • By Princess kate 29th Aug 13, 3:04 PM
    • 934 Posts
    • 3,761 Thanks
    Princess kate
    Reserved mine this morning & collected, confirm it is the Vax. Going to have a go in a bit!
    • d.reamgirl
    • By d.reamgirl 29th Aug 13, 3:12 PM
    • 29 Posts
    • 31 Thanks
    d.reamgirl
    Thanks for this been after one for a while but like other could not justify paying a lot out. I was a little worried it would not be the vax but thought if it was not then I would just return it, but yes I can confirm that I have got the vax one too. A lady next to me was looking at another vax steamer priced at 80 odd pound. I was tempted to tell her to get one of these but she was busy with the sales assistant. Thanks again x
    • only_mee
    • By only_mee 29th Aug 13, 3:29 PM
    • 2,294 Posts
    • 2,517 Thanks
    only_mee
    Thanks just reserved the last one in our local shop
  • Minniemee
    I cannot for the life of me work out how to take the water tank off to fill with water. Getting frustrated now as I wanted to give it a quick test drive!

• redfox
    • By redfox 29th Aug 13, 4:51 PM
    • 12,032 Posts
    • 34,680 Thanks
    redfox
    I cannot for the life of me work out how to take the water tank off to fill with water.
    Originally posted by Minniemee
    you just gently push towards the back and slide it upwards at the same time.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and I can move and merge threads there. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

• ffiona
    thank you,long time lurker on here,,saw this,reserved one in hereford store,,just got back and now proud owner of a VAX,woohoo,,wanted one for ages just couldnt justify price,,thank you to original poster
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,159Posts Today

8,509Users online

Martin's Twitter