Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    eldaniel
    Did Aquacard just damaged my credit rating? Please help
    • 15th Jul 13, 12:36 PM
    Did Aquacard just damaged my credit rating? Please help 15th Jul 13 at 12:36 PM
    Hi,
    Aquacard recently changed their own bank account numbers. Due to that my DD was reversed, as apparently some banks did not accept their new number. They asked me to call my bank (First direct) to ask if they can update Aqua's new account number (!?) I told Aqua representative that it is their job not mine, but he insisted to try, so I did. Lady in bank told me what I thought that it is their fault and they have to sort it out with bank, not me, because it is DD we are talking about, not standing order. After making 5 phone calls finally I paid over the phone (full balance like I always do) and I got my unpaid Direct Debit fee 12 reverted and was assured that my cashback and everything else it is not affected.
    Yesterday (14 days after the issue) 6.90 interest appeared on my statement. I phoned them today and got told it will be given back to me.
    My question is would that have any influence on my credit rating?
    First unpaid DD for approx. 4 days and now interest charged so obviously although they reverted the unpaid DD fee, they still had in the system like I did not pay it on time.
    I asked that question to First Direct employee and she said DD was not even requested by the Aquacard from them on the correct date, so it would not affect my credit rating, because apparently bank would have to report unpaid DD to credit agency and not credit card company. Not even sure it this is true. With interests charged Aqua representative said "no, I do not think it would affect your credit rating because it was only one off and not persistent"(!!!??)
    She should not even say it was one off, because it was nothing to do with me!
    Now my wife's payment on her card is soon due and I am dreading she will have to go through the same.
    Please help.
Page 2
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,444Posts Today

8,546Users online

Martin's Twitter