Main site > MoneySavingExpert.com Forums > Essential Money > Credit Cards > Did Aquacard just damaged my credit rating? Pleas... (Page 2)

IMPORTANT! This is MoneySavingExpert's open forum - anyone can post

Please exercise caution & report any spam, illegal, offensive, racist, libellous post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

• Be nice to all MoneySavers
  • All the best tips go in the MoneySavingExpert weekly email

Plus all the new guides, deals & loopholes

• No spam/referral links
or Login with Facebook
Did Aquacard just damaged my credit rating? Please help
Views: 4,834
# 21
Uplink
Old 16-07-2013, 10:28 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

The new Aqua account, as stated here is
  1. aqua Sort Code 30-00-00
  2. aqua Account Number 00282448
This same account appears on the statement I got after the website upgrade. This change was made in stealth mode. I found out about it only because an eagle eyed forum user noticed it. I've changed my payment details, and I've made two successful payments into this new account so far.

They've failed to collect my latest DD for no reason, but they can't slap me with a late payment fee because I had paid the statement balance early. They haven't responded to my online inquiry about the failed collection, and other people say that Aqua hasn't responded to their online queries either.

My perception of Aqua being a "credit demolisher" card is many months old now and the latest bs only adds to that perception.
I like to read Ts&Cs, and I like talking to salespeople until they get bored.
Reply With Quote Report Post
The Following User Says Thank You to Uplink For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 22
Blue_Max
Old 16-07-2013, 10:32 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

For more than one year, I have been paying Aqua with a DD setup at Halifax.
AQUA MASTERCARD
Sort code: 80-20-45
Account no. 00213765

Last payment was on 27 Jun 13 and it went throgh ok.

I may have forgotten an email from Aqua. When did you all get the email?
And what am I supposed to to change the DD?
Thanks!

Last edited by Blue_Max; 16-07-2013 at 11:01 PM.
# 23
matty747
Old 16-07-2013, 10:33 PM
MoneySaving Convert

I would write to Aqua stating that you want the money paid to all three credit reference agencies for the statutory reports refunding and money for postage costs etc. If they refuse escalate it to the financial ombudsman, they will not like that as it costs them hundreds in fees for every complaint that gets referred regardless of outcome.
The Following User Says Thank You to matty747 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 24
matty747
Old 16-07-2013, 10:40 PM
MoneySaving Convert

If Aqua are not collecting money properly by direct debit it may be worth complaining to BACS who run the scheme about their overall administration in relation to the direct debit scheme. There are strict rules with regard to the correct debiting of accounts and they can lose their direct debit license if they do not adhere to the correct service standards. The email address is on the BACS website.
The Following User Says Thank You to matty747 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 25
matty747
Old 16-07-2013, 10:49 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Oh and they report to all three CRA's, I don't know why the phone agents think this is some state secret as it lists it on their website: http://www.aquacard.co.uk/privacy-policy
# 26
willLeeds
Old 16-07-2013, 10:58 PM
MoneySaving Convert

I got the letter from Aqua, change my payments accordingly, no problems what so ever.
# 27
Uplink
Old 16-07-2013, 11:10 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Max View Post
I may have forgotten an email from Aqua. When did you all get the email?
And what am I supposed to to change the DD?
Thanks!
What e-mail?
# 28
Blue_Max
Old 16-07-2013, 11:40 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Made a FP for 5 from my Halifax account few minutes ago.
I typed in Aqua and noticed that that the Recipient details changed automatically
from
AQUA MASTERCARD 80-20-45 00213765
to
AQUA MASTERCARD 30-00-00 00282448

So hopefully the DD errors that they made is confined to few cardholders.
Since the cardholders are not responsible in any way for the errors, Aqua should refund any charges and make sure that the credit rating of the innocent cardholder is not affected.
Speaking from memory, people can lodge an online appeal with a credit reference agency.

Last edited by Blue_Max; 17-07-2013 at 1:16 AM.
# 29
Herbalus
Old 17-07-2013, 12:14 AM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Max View Post
Made a FP for 5 from my Halifax account few minutes ago.
I typed in Aqua and noticed that that the Recipient details changed changed automatically
from
AQUA MASTERCARD 80-20-45 00213765
AQUA MASTERCARD 30-00-00 00282448
Interesting. First Direct have the 30-00-00 account on my list of approved and previous payees, even though I haven't paid them since they changed account. Santander still have the 80-20-45 account on their system when you search for Aqua using their tool.
# 30
matttye
Old 17-07-2013, 7:34 AM
Fantastically Fervent MoneySaving Super Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by interstellaflyer View Post
I think it's worth watching Aqua like a hawk, my experience with them is that they like to try and trip you up, I had an issue with them claiming I'd made a late payment when in fact, I'd payed on the day the statement was issued and had the evidence to prove it, it seems their system can't handle people who pay up too quickly, if you pay on the day the statement is issued the payment counts as an extra payment on the previous months account, the guy who phoned me from their collections department was rude and aggressive and would not accept that I'd payed on time, pretty much "computer says' no" However, I put in a complaint via customer services and got it sorted, I even got the pending credit limit increase and nothing showed on my credit file. I would advise anyone who has been stung by this poorly advertised bank account change, play hell with customer services because this problem is down to Aqua.
I've just got an aqua card and set up a direct debit to pay in full using their website. The website doesn't let you choose the date the DD gets taken, but I think you can change it by calling customer services.

Online it says my payment due date is the 1st of each month and the date they will take the DD is the 1st of each month. That seems like an attempt to trip me up as half of the time, when the 1st falls on a weekend, I will be late paying!

With my cap1 card there's about a 3-4 day grace period between the date they take my DD and the due date.
What will your verse be?

R.I.P Robin Williams.
# 31
Iand1
Old 17-07-2013, 8:49 AM
MoneySaving Convert

No direct debit taken by Aqua this month so far. was due on Mon 15th July, coming out of a Natwest account.

I have had my 100 cashback this month, so wonder if that counted?

Also, on their online servicing page, it says payment made on 15th on the left hand side, but not listed in transactions on right hand side...
# 32
interstellaflyer
Old 17-07-2013, 9:43 AM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by matttye View Post
I've just got an aqua card and set up a direct debit to pay in full using their website. The website doesn't let you choose the date the DD gets taken, but I think you can change it by calling customer services.

Online it says my payment due date is the 1st of each month and the date they will take the DD is the 1st of each month. That seems like an attempt to trip me up as half of the time, when the 1st falls on a weekend, I will be late paying!

With my cap1 card there's about a 3-4 day grace period between the date they take my DD and the due date.
I don't pay DD so couldn't comment, I've always used faster payment, my problem was that I payed on the day the statement was issued and because of Aqua's system it classed that payment as an extra payment on the previous month, so in their book I'd missed that months payment.
I hate football and do wish people wouldn't keep talking about it like it's the most important thing in the world
# 33
Herbalus
Old 17-07-2013, 10:18 AM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iand1 View Post
No direct debit taken by Aqua this month so far. was due on Mon 15th July, coming out of a Natwest account.

I have had my 100 cashback this month, so wonder if that counted?

Also, on their online servicing page, it says payment made on 15th on the left hand side, but not listed in transactions on right hand side...
Cashback doesn't count.

This is the reason why I paid with a debit card this month. Direct debit failures (I don't know if yours is or if it's just late showing) will be their fault, but I really can't be bothered to sort it out and complain when it goes wrong.
# 34
Simon7685
Old 17-07-2013, 10:44 AM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

I started a thread last week about this, as there was a leaflet in with this months statement. However I had already made this months faster payment a few days before the statement arrived. That went through ok and was credited within 30 minutes. However when I tried to set up a new payment using the details provided, my bank said the company and account number did not exist, I am with Halifax.

I did contact Aqua about this but like other people have said they have not replied to me..........

I have been able to set up a new payment today on halifax and they are now automatically generating the new details for Aqua now.

I intend to send a small payment accross before I pay my bill next month though just in case and would advise anyone else to do the same. There should not be a problem but then again them changing their details with all the banks should have been done before telling customers to set new payments up. So it doesn't hurt to make sure it works before sending a full payment over.
# 35
Herbalus
Old 17-07-2013, 11:14 AM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

I was just reading the Lending Code and shaking my head in amazement of how far short Aqua fall when it comes to dealing "quickly and sympathetically with things that go wrong", and giving "clear information about their products and services – how they work".

Then I realised that Aqua don't actually subscribe to the Lending Code. Crikey.

Last edited by Herbalus; 17-07-2013 at 12:25 PM.
# 36
simax
Old 17-07-2013, 11:26 AM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

I just paid my full outstanding balance of 11.76 using:

Sort code: 80-20-45
Account no. 00213765

And it got accepted OK. This was via Nationwide.
I say it as it is - you may not like that but what would you prefer? A string of false platitudes that are no help whatsoever just to make you feel better? If my advice has helped, please press the Thanks button over here ----------------V. Cheers
# 37
izools
Old 17-07-2013, 11:35 AM

Looks like I'll be closing my account on it's 12th (month) anniversary.

Out of principle.

Having said that though surely it would cost them more to have me on their books never paying interest and earning more cashback than they charge retailers in merchant fees? Might keep it then
Cashback Earned Nectar Points 68 Natoinwide Select 62 Aqua Reward 100 Amex Platinum 48

Last edited by izools; 17-07-2013 at 11:53 AM.
# 38
Uplink
Old 17-07-2013, 11:47 AM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Quote:
Originally Posted by matttye View Post
I've had a few Aqua DD dates fall in weekends and bank holidays. They were taken the first working day after, and they weren't considered late payments.
The Following User Says Thank You to Uplink For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 39
matttye
Old 17-07-2013, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uplink View Post
I've had a few Aqua DD dates fall in weekends and bank holidays. They were taken the first working day after, and they weren't considered late payments.
Thanks for that

I might ask Aqua to confirm that in writing for my own peace of mind
What will your verse be?

R.I.P Robin Williams.
# 40
matttye
Old 17-07-2013, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herbalus View Post
I was just reading the Lending Code and shaking my head in amazement of how far short Aqua fall when it comes to dealing "quickly and sympathetically with things that go wrong", and giving "clear information about their products and services – how they work".

Then I realised that Aqua don't actually subscribe to the Lending Code. Crikey.
They enclosed a lending code leaflet with my card.

Edit:

"Does aqua subscribe to any codes?
aqua credit cards are issued by Progressive Credit Limited. Progressive Credit Limited is owned by SAV Credit Limited, is a member of the Finance and Leasing Association (FLA) and subscribes to the FLA's Lending Code. Copies of the FLA's Lending Code can be obtained from www.fla.org.uk"

http://www.aquacard.co.uk/credit-card-faq
What will your verse be?

R.I.P Robin Williams.

Last edited by matttye; 17-07-2013 at 12:04 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to matttye For This Useful Post: Show me >>