🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

EXPIRED - KARCHER WV50 Window Vacuum Cleaner £39 @ Currys

Options
2010 Posts: 5,377 Forumite
Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
edited 24 July 2013 at 7:25AM in It's gone, but was it any good?
http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/home-appliances/vacuum-cleaners/wet-dry-cleaners/karcher-wv50-window-vacuum-cleaner-yellow-12053832-pdt.html?srcid=369&xtor=AL-1&cmpid=aff~HotUKDeals~&istCompanyId=bec25c7e-cbcd-460d-81d5-a25372d2e3d7&istItemId=qqpxmxaq&istBid=t#longDesc

Official MoneySavingExpert insert: Currys has confirmed this window vacuum cleaner is available in-store and online, while stocks last, until Wed 17 Jul (though it might extend the offer till Fri 19 Jul). Delivery's free.

This is the cheapest we’ve seen this model, though it’s always worth doing a price comparison before buying. Thanks to 2010 for sharing this offer.

[threadbanner]box[/threadbanner]

Comments

• Lifes_Grand_Plan
    Options
    Seems like a good price.

Perhaps not the time or place to discuss it, but IMHO items like this are why our houses end up full of crap and our pockets are empty... because clever marketing and product design people come up with ideas for "how did we ever live without it" products like this.

Do we really need a mini aqua-vacuum to clean our windows? Whats wrong with a good old bit of newspaper? Not a rant, just saying....

Anyway if you need one then enjoy! :)
    A big believer in karma, you get what you give :A

If you find my posts useful, "pay it forward" and help someone else out, that's how places like MSE can be so successful.
  • wonderwallet
    Options
    I know what you mean (and I too have a house full of useless gadgets) but these are just great! I bought one a few months ago when it was a good deal on Amazon and I have used it nearly every day since then. I use it to clear condensation from the bathroom, clears mirrors, shower screens and tiles and leaves them bone dry in seconds, much more pleasant when your the 3rd person in the bathroom in a morning! Amazing for windows, mirrors etc but also when you've washed down worktops, appliances etc and for minor spills too. It is also really lightweight so great if you have trouble with your hands like me and it is painful to clean windows. :)

How I wish I'd had one of these years ago when condensation used to stream down my old windows and flood the windowsills!!
  • bloss0m
    bloss0m Posts: 1,923 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Once you got one you wish you had one earlier. I was sceptical of them myself but now the windows and much easier to dry and no streaks, I can reach top windows on ground floor with it rather than get steps out, I wash windows with a small extended car brush. You can also use it to clean water of DG in winter if you have it and dry car although wont use mine for that job. Plus clean up spills as well
  • moonshine
    moonshine Posts: 815 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    bloss0m wrote: »
    no streaksl

I must be doing something wrong then because it always leaves streaks, especially on large windows it leaves streak lines down the window. I use the recommended cleaner (that came with it) as well but still get the streaks. :(

Not overly impressed with it myself.
  • Ralph-y
    Ralph-y Posts: 4,568 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    £27.99 at the Karcher outlet!

Ralph:cool:
  • smartly
    smartly Posts: 98 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I must be doing something wrong then because it always leaves streaks, especially on large windows it leaves streak lines down the window. I use the recommended cleaner (that came with it) as well but still get the streaks.

Not overly impressed with it myself.

+1

If the sun shines through your windows you will see streaks :(
  • savemoney
    savemoney Posts: 18,127 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I get no streaks from mine, wouldn't like to be without it now. I make sure I suck water up around some of the frames where it would run down to windows and beading though
    2010 Posts: 5,377 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    edited 11 July 2013 at 1:31PM
    Options
    Ralph-y wrote: »
    £27.99 at the Karcher outlet!

Ralph:cool:

Plus delivery taking it up to £33-99 and only 6 months guarantee.
    You also forgot to say it`s a refurb!

You also forgot to provide a link!
  • Tyler_Du
    Tyler_Du Posts: 712 Forumite
    Options
    I never bothered with the 'official' cleaning solution, I use bucket hot water, white vinegar and washing up liquid. Its not 100% smear free but pretty good. Got one last week and cleaned 80+ windows with it over the weekend
  • bloss0m
    bloss0m Posts: 1,923 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Do you live in a mansion? ;)
    I never bothered with the 'official' cleaning solution, I use bucket hot water, white vinegar and washing up liquid. Its not 100% smear free but pretty good. Got one last week and cleaned 80+ windows with it over the weekend
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport