Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    G6JPG
    PAYG mobile internet that doesn't expire???
    • 2nd May 13, 5:15 PM
    PAYG mobile internet that doesn't expire??? 2nd May 13 at 5:15 PM
    I can have a PAYG mobile 'phone, on which I can load say 10 of credit, and keep it (e. g. in car glovebox) for emergencies, and it doesn't expire. (OK, maybe I have to make a call every few months.)

Is there ANY mobile internet equivalent? One where I can buy some credit, and then use it as and when I want? Maybe using it (send the odd email, or just look at a web page) once a month, if necessary, to keep it "alive".

I'd be happy to buy a "dongle", and wouldn't consider the price of the dongle part of the price of the service; I want this just for, say, when visiting friends who don't have the internet, to use with my netbook (which doesn't have a mobile module [though does have wifi of course]). (Yes, I know I could "tether" it via wifi to a fancy mobile 'phone - but only if that was on some contract, not PAYG.)

But all the offerings I've looked at seem to either expire once you've started using them, or be pay-per-day/week/month rather than true PAYG (i. e. pay per gigabyte). And the websites - and staff in shops - are very coy about admitting these facts: I have to spell it out in words of few syllables ("If I send one email, will the rest of what I've bought still be there a month later").

Does anyone know otherwise? If (as I believe) there is no such offering, why not, if they can do it with 'phones?
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

107Posts Today

1,778Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @JulianClary: CILLA BLACK ANYONE WHO HAD A HEART https://t.co/E25wIuhoHH via @YouTube

• Surprised at a few nasty replies re cilla. The respectful thing when someone dies is say nice or say nowt. Grieving relatives may be reading

• You can judge your age by what #cilla means to you. For me its not the singing, its blind date and surprise surprise. Sad news #ripcilla

• Follow Martin