🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Magazine Comps

Options
I don't know if this is the right place for this thread but....

I just wanted to say I much prefer the way Cornishpasty1 posted the magazine comps today.

I would much rather open a magazine and have a list of all their competitions and an image of the gift in front of me so I can pick and choose which ones I would like to do.

This has to be much easier for the poster than posting 100s of links daily and it saves a lot of room on the forum.

Thank You :beer:
“I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints.” - Billy Joel
C2W........718/1000......FB...........526/1000
IG...........667/1000......MD..........652/1000
2020 January Challenge
Simply Media 423/1000
Winning Moments 85/1000

Comments

• BlueBella
    BlueBella Posts: 10,371 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I'm confused by your post as the mag dailies are always posted in the same way by all the usual lovely posters inc Cornishpasty1, tinktinktinkerbell etc?
    :TA big thanks to all who post and sprinkling lucky dust to all who enter :smileyhea
  • ellemm
    ellemm Posts: 11,262 Forumite
    Home Insurance Hacker! Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Think it might be referring to this post by cornish in the DAILY stickie thread

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=60163129&postcount=220

just listing the sites and querying how to move forward posting these??
  • BlueBella
    Options
    Oh, I see!
    :TA big thanks to all who post and sprinkling lucky dust to all who enter :smileyhea
  • cagsd
    cagsd Posts: 7,625 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I won, I won, I won!
    Options
    I agree to a certain extent. To be totally honest, I don't enter the dailies via the threads on here now, I just go directly to each magazine's prize draws pages each morning and enter the ones I want to enter from there. However if they were to be listed on here as above rather than individually, it could be a bit problematic I think. Firstly lots people just search on the forum for a particular prize (say an iPad or a Kindle) and when comp is listed individually it would come up; secondly it wouldn't differentiate the page when new comps were added. (I hope that makes sense, I know what I'm trying to say but am not sure how to get it across!!)
  • ellemm
    ellemm Posts: 11,262 Forumite
    Home Insurance Hacker! Cashback Cashier
    Options
    When new dailies are posted, I click on the link to the site and save that to a folder named eg Marie Clair, WOTV etc and each day work from there. I thank the OP and click the green cross.

I think the way they are posted just now is probably best but can appreciate it's a lot for the posters.
  • BlueBella
    edited 23 March 2013 at 8:09PM
    Options
    I do get what you mean but I must admit I prefer them posted individually (even though it must take the posters a while to post them! And can I stress I REALLY REALLY APPRECIATE THEIR HELP IN POSTING THEM! - Cornishpasty1, tinktinktinkerbell and the others are all STARS!

Many magazine sites run regular comps eg, Company, Cosmo, Elle too but their comps are posted seperately. Even movie sites like Film Feed etc - so where do you draw the line?
  • mumto2boys
    mumto2boys Posts: 7,993 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    What about if each mag was listed in its own post on the main board, similar to the puzzler post. So for instance a new post is started for CHAT mag with all the current comps listed in the first post. A weeks time a few new comps come up for CHAT so they are edited in to the first post and bumped as a reply to that thread so that everyone knows a new comp has been added? Does that make sense? Would be workable?
    StayHome * StaySafe * BeKind
  • BlueBella
    Options
    mumto2boys wrote: »
    What about if each mag was listed in its own post on the main board, similar to the puzzler post. So for instance a new post is started for CHAT mag with all the current comps listed in the first post. A weeks time a few new comps come up for CHAT so they are edited in to the first post and bumped as a reply to that thread so that everyone knows a new comp has been added? Does that make sense? Would be workable?

:j:j:j What a great idea!!!!! :j:j:j I would defo be up for that!!! Then others can post them up too - whoever spots a new comp first! Yeah!
  • Luckyone
    Luckyone Posts: 23,016 Forumite
    Xmas Saver!
    Options
    mumto2boys wrote: »

Only thing for me is I would not remember to enter it every day unless it was constantly on the main board first couple of pages.
    This Post Has Been Sponsored By
    Chocolate
  • BlueBella
    edited 23 March 2013 at 9:05PM
    Options
    Luckyone wrote: »
    Only thing for me is I would not remember to enter it every day unless it was constantly on the main board first couple of pages.

The dailies could still get sent over to the regulars as they do now. The new comps would just be posted on a thread of their own rather than on the main board?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport