We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Number of entries into competitions

Options
I have read a couple of threads today about the number of entries into competitions.

One was for the huge number of entries into the ITV competitions. Another mentioned the daily competition to win a pack of batteries. I thought it might be interesting to have a thread dedicated to listing the number of entries that a particular competition had. So if for example you have had a WEM that states that you have been selected out of 3957 entries to win a pushchair for example, would you mind listing the brief details here, so that we can all see.

Comments

• nelie
    nelie Posts: 1,568 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I won Extractor Fans with Quiet Mark - I was told I was selected out of over 7000+ entries.

There were up to 6 things you could choosefrom so I am unsure as to that was for that particular 'Prize' of for the competition altogether.
    December Wins: £300 worth of board games, £500 Tesco Vouchers Best Win in 2023: £500 Tesco Vouchers
  • emiai
    emiai Posts: 1,253 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Combo Breaker
    edited 1 March 2013 at 10:25AM
    Options
    I won a coffee machine which required 5000 entries to click like before a winner was picked, (After the 5000 clicked, a new prize was unlocked.) The machine was worth £500 :o (so I assume 1 in 5000 chance.)

Another lady contacted me after I won a necklace from a magazine (Postal competition) she said there was over 1000 entries and an extra 150 people had the answer wrong - and some didnt even give an answer!!

I have won from blog comps, really good prizes too where there has only been 150/200 overall entries.

Id love to see the coke cola data for the competitions you pay 2 points to enter, I estimate the chances are one in hundreds of thousands.

Stay Lucky xx
    Wishing you all good luck!
    Oldstyle moneysaving addict
  • ellemm
    ellemm Posts: 11,262 Forumite
    Home Insurance Hacker! Cashback Cashier
    Options
    I won Elemis goodies on FB this week (only do app ones) and was told there were almost 2000 entries
  • Barnabysue
    Barnabysue Posts: 9,058 Forumite
    Options
    I won an electric drill and they said they'd had over 7,000 entries.
    Luck is believing you’re lucky – Tennessee Williams

May your pockets be heavy and your heart be light. May good luck pursue you each morning and night – Anonymous
  • mjm3346
    mjm3346 Posts: 46,984 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 1 March 2013 at 10:15PM
    Options
    Batteries value £1 daily comp yesterday 454 entries.
    Shower gel value £2 weekly twitter comp 1276 entries
    Tescobooks a cookbook value £10 twitter comp 1209 entries
    Homebargins £100 voucher weekly FB comp 26037 entries (closes today)
  • Barnabysue
    Barnabysue Posts: 9,058 Forumite
    Options
    Bunch of flowers, posted on Facebook less than 24 hours ago:

You and 6,379 others like this.
    Luck is believing you’re lucky – Tennessee Williams

May your pockets be heavy and your heart be light. May good luck pursue you each morning and night – Anonymous
  • Marg2k8
    Marg2k8 Posts: 5,838 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    A rafflecopter competition that has just finished for a Lucille teal Denby dinner set for four had 5262 entries. But with these rafflecopter competitions, I reckon the average person entering probably had around 10 entries or more.
  • mjm3346
    Options
    Twitter comp for a £2.69 jar of marmite 979 retweets.
  • mjm3346
    Options
    Dorset Cereals run a monthly competition, you get one entry for each token you earn over the month.
    Dorset Cereals pledge that for every 2,500 tokens collected, we'll plant a tree with our friends at the Woodland Trust. We're aiming to plant up to 200 each month

200 trees covers 500,000 entries a month

(so far this month 34 trees = 85,000 entries)
  • beardedsalmon
    beardedsalmon Posts: 1,130 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    i won a holiday to las vegas in 2009 with selfridges and there was 5,000 entries
    also won a holiday to LA in 2011 with miss selfridge and there were 10,000 entries!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport