Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    techno79
    Currys PC World not paying out promotional offer
    • 5th Jan 13, 12:39 AM
    Currys PC World not paying out promotional offer 5th Jan 13 at 12:39 AM
    Back in November 2012, Currys/PC World ran a cash back promotion when purchasing a tablet and case. Details of the offer are here (http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/cashback-terms-conditions-436-commercial.html).

I purchased one of their qualifying tablets along with a camera case on the 7th Nov.

On the 12th Dec, I promptly filled in the application to claim my cashback. I supplied all the information they requested.

On the 19th Dec, I received an automated email stating that the cashback claim was rejected because "case does not appear to be a qualifying product".

Details from their own terms and conditions:
    1. Point 1 says: The Currys PC World cashback promotion is valid on the purchase of a brand new (i.e. not second hand or refurbished) qualifying Tablet or ereader and qualifying case during the promotional period.
    2. Point 2 says: Qualifying Tablets and qualifying cases include all products purchased through Currys / PC World.
    3. Under the FAQ for question 1 which asks "What products qualify for the Tablet cashback promotion?", it states the answer:
      Purchases of a qualifying new (i.e. not second hand or refurbished) Tablet or ereader and any case (click here to see full range of qualifying Tablet and ereader models and cashback amounts).

On the 20th Dec, I replied back to the email address (help@curryspcworldcashback.com) given in the rejection email and on their promotional page above. I highlighted the points above stating that my camera case purchase met the conditions of the promotional offer and I have met all other conditions and requirements of the offer.

On the 2nd Jan, after not receiving even acknowledgement of my email, I sent them another email asking for a reply. I also tried ringing their cashback promotional help line number (0843 658 0737) but I was stuck in a phone queue not moving forward.

On 4th Jan (yesterday) I tried ringing them again but still stuck in the queue not going forward. I was in the queue for over 20 mins.

On 5th Jan (today) I sent them another email. I also rang their number again and used the automated prompts to leave them a voice message so they could call me back. However, I have not heard from them.

I only purchased the tablet because of the offer so I feel I have been unfairly rejected from the promotion and I cannot even speak to someone about it to clarify.

Can anyone please help? Surely there must be some consumer protection for this if they refuse my claim?

Any help or suggestions?

TIA
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

5,625Posts Today

9,173Users online

Martin's Twitter