Poundshop, puke and Redbull!!

Options
My delightfull 12 year old came home from a trip to town with friends today with a glorious story! Whist in the poundshop she was sick (due to eskimo milkshake I might add). She asked for help and was given a pack of tissues to clean herself up, then asked for the price of the tissues, obviously a pound. This lovely helpfull shop then proceeded to allow her and her friends to buy cans of Redbull, I thought you had to be 16 years old? Im I being daft or is there a good reason to be miffed!!

Comments

• skivenov
    skivenov Posts: 2,204 Forumite
    Options
    Redbull's a soft drink, so no legally required age resitrictions, though some shops have their own rules on who they serve it to.

Looking on the positive side, at least they didn't fetch her the mop and bucket. How I used to love mopping sick and !!!! up when I ran the shop.
    Yes it's overwhelming, but what else can we do?
    Get jobs in offices and wake up for the morning commute?
  • kizz79
    kizz79 Posts: 23 Forumite
    Options
    skivenov wrote: »
    Redbull's a soft drink, so no legally required age resitrictions, though some shops have their own rules on who they serve it to.

Looking on the positive side, at least they didn't fetch her the mop and bucket. How I used to love mopping sick and !!!! up when I ran the shop.

I dont let her have it as it clearly states not for kids on the can, Compo for hypo kids i think hahaha
  • Blackpool_Saver
    Options
    Staff are not there to look after kids, If she can't think for herself perhaps she should still be supervised by an adult. That may sound harsh and it is, but it's the truth. I hope she feels better now.
    Blackpool_Saver is female, and does not live in Blackpool

• Helix
    Helix Posts: 2,381 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Some shops only sell energy drinks to over 16s but that is their own policy, there is no law surrounding it.
  • kizz79
    Options
    Staff are not there to look after kids, If she can't think for herself perhaps she should still be supervised by an adult. That may sound harsh and it is, but it's the truth. I hope she feels better now.

I agree shops are not there to look after kids, but kids are not there to clean the shop with a tissue they had to buy. The lack of customer care was my first thought. She is perfectly capable of looking after herself. If the can states not for kids then it shouldnt be siold to kids, like fireworks and fags? She fine now if not still awake!
  • kiss_me_now9
    kiss_me_now9 Posts: 1,420 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I'm sure I've seen signs in the Poundlands I go into saying that they won't/can't sell energy drinks to kids?

They couldn't sell me a nail decorating kit (just small gems, no nail glue, scissors or anything sharp) a few weeks ago because I had no ID, I'm 22.
    £2023 in 2023 challenge - £17.79 January

• kizz79
    Options
    I'm sure I've seen signs in the Poundlands I go into saying that they won't/can't sell energy drinks to kids?

They couldn't sell me a nail decorating kit (just small gems, no nail glue, scissors or anything sharp) a few weeks ago because I had no ID, I'm 22.

How funny but annoying, granted she was being a sod by buying it as I dont allow her to drink it, partly for her health and conforming to the instructions on the can, its not a massive deal but still annoying.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,102 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    So she was sick in the shop and given tissues to clean herself up (not the shop)? Why shouldn't she have to pay for the tissues?
  • kizz79
    Options
    IT was the poundshop hardly harrods own tissues.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,102 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    kizz79 wrote: »
    IT was the poundshop hardly harrods own tissues.

Yes I use the same defence when I shoplift low price products.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure