Cashback sites free cash discussion

Options
articlealert.gif

This thread is specifically to discuss how to make free cash using cashback sites, as explained in the
To discuss or ask a question about this: please reply here

If you'd like to discuss Cashback sites in general please go here
A Good place for further info:

To get you started one MoneySaver has started a website dedicated to
making money using cashback, with examples of daily routines. You may find it a useful additional resource.

Comments

• thepearce
    thepearce Posts: 2,287 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Full marks for reviewing and updating the article Martin. :T

Whilst most forum users may be aware of sites like Quidco there may be many people getting the email discovering this for the first time. I hope the cashback sites can take the extra volume :).

Some people take a bit of convincing (that you can make money for free or be paid more in cashback than an insurance policy costs) but this article should give extra credibility as well as visibility.

Where I work everyone in my team is now a fully-fledged quidco member and most have over £100 already.
  • MrK_4
    MrK_4 Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    Does anyone know any thing about a site called mycashback, registered with
    them about 2 years ago,but now can not get any cash Back from them and they Do not respond tried every way to contact them but don't get any reply,( HELP)

Oh dear, it's not just me then!

I've been collecting cashback with them for about 3 years and now I've tried to claim it I'm experiencing the same as you, no cheque and no response to emails.

Their website is still running which concerns me, I assume they're still being paid by the merchants/networks for transactions that they have no intention of paying out.

As an aside, as someone new here, should this be in it's own thread?
  • ma999
    ma999 Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    Hello,

I have a question about booking hotels using Quidco (or other cashback sites) through expedia, accorhotels, sheraton, etc.

Is it possible to get cashback on all bookings or only prepaid ones? What happens if you book a hotel on the site, but payment is made at the end of your stay?

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I must be the last person in the world to discover cashback sites...

Thanks.
  • Arkwright
    Arkwright Posts: 90 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi everone

I found this site givememore.co.uk

I find it very usefull as it saves me lots of time and I always get the best deal. I buy quite a lot of good online, rather than the shops, just so I can get the cashback. :T :D

What it does is, search the most popular cashback sites for the amount of reward it gives. The info seems to be upto date, so it must search the cashback sites everytime a new search is done.

Oh, and givememore.co.uk doesn't take anything.

How cool is that?!?! :T
  • pealy
    pealy Posts: 458 Forumite
    Options
    ma999 wrote: »
    Hello,
    I have a question about booking hotels using Quidco (or other cashback sites) through expedia, accorhotels, sheraton, etc.
    Thanks.

Do you mean you make a booking but don't pay at the time of booking?

My recent experience booking Travelodge hotels with Expedia is that I've had to provide credit card details to Expedia but the money is actually taken when I give the hotel my Credit Card.

In this scenario the booking still tracks okay through Quidco.
  • dan8
    dan8 Posts: 17 Forumite
    Options
    I had built up some cashback on greasy palm over several months but then a couple of weeks ago it sent me an email asking me to re-register and all my previous cashback suddenly disappeared apart from the £2.50 it gave me for re-registering! I've closed my account there now. Will try Quidco or Topcashback. Hopefully they will be more honest with my cashback.
  • ukstuff_2
    Options
    Most of the sites that offer 100% cashback take an admin fee from your arnings, typically £5 a year. Doesn't take alot to work out that 10,000 members a year = £50,000 - imagine Quidco must have over 100,000 users by now, half a million pounds a year !!! I wouldn't mind make that a year :D
    bluetomato wrote: »
    actually it doesnt surprise me. i cant see how these sites make money as they claim to give 100% to user.
  • ctodd84
    Options
    Here is a transcript of a purchase I made through Greasypalm was just wondering if anyone else had had similar experiences not getting their cashback for either prudential or just from Greasypalm at all.

Date: 23rd Apr 07
    Time: 10:11 AM
    Attachment: NO

Missing Cashback

Retailer:
    PruHealth
    Date of Transaction: 19th Feb 07
    Order Value: £23.44
    Order Number: 809267510
    Order Details: Date: 25th Apr 07
    Time: 1:51 PM

We are awaiting the retailer to validate this transaction, once they have then the cashback will be added to your account, thank you for using GreasyPalm.

Regards,
    Ernie Fortune (Who's Ernie? http://www.greasypalm.co.uk/who_is_ernie/) Date: 26th Jun 07
    Time: 8:50 AM

Message: Hi, is there any estimate on when this will be as the purchase was 4 months ago and this ticket was submitted 2 months ago. Thanks Date: 26th Jun 07
    Time: 1:55 PM

Message: We are waiting for this transaction to be validated by the retailer, as soon as they have done this the cashback will be added to your account. We can only apologise for the length of time that this is taking and we will try to speed it up for you. Thank you for using Greasypalm.

Regards,
    Ernie Fortune Date: 20th Jul 07
    Time: 9:52 AM

Message: Well it's now been almost 11 weeks which is quite literally a ridiculous amount of time, surely its a matter of contacting prudential and a simple yes or no statement being made as to whether I made the purchase. Date: 20th Jul 07
    Time: 12:35 PM

Message: Can you provide your policy number to speed this process up. Thank you

Regards,
    Ernie Fortune

PS How would you like to earn a £0.20p bonus and never miss out on any cashback again? You can with Rebate Catcher™! Date: 2nd Aug 07
    Time: 11:45 PM

Time: 11:31 AM

Message: We have now contacted the retailer and asked them to investigate your missing cashback for this transaction.

Please allow up to 90 days from today for a manual credit to be added to your account, though we will try to get this resolved as soon as possible we are reliant on the retailers responding to our requests and some take longer than others to process our queries!

As soon as the retailer confirms that cashback is due we will credit the funds to your account.

If the cashback is added to your account and you're not told on this ticket please please let us know.

Regards,
    Ernie Fortune

PS How would you like to earn a £0.20p bonus and never miss out on any cashback again? You can with Rebate Catcher™! Date: 4th Nov 07
    Time: 5:00 AM

Message: We have had the retailer check this missing cashback claim, unfortunately we have been unsucessful in recovering your casback.

The retailer has not paid us for this transaction and therefore we in turn are unable to pass this on to you.

We are very sorry about this decision but unfortunately there is nothing further we can do in this case to claim your cashback, as the retailer's decision is final.

Regards,
    Ernie Fortune
  • bamberbamboo
    Options
    Evening, Greasypalm have contacted me this week to say that since the last time I was paid they now pay by bacs and have asked for my account number so they can pay me directly into my bank account.
    a please & thank you is all it takes :wave:
  • Altair_2
    Options
    Hi, I'm new to this forum :D
    Until I came on here I'd never even heard of cashback sites. Sounds too good to be true! My only experience so far is that I switched my electric supplier through energyhelpline and so far it has been 8 weeks since my supply switched over and still no cash from them (they said it would be 4-6 wks).

Is it a common occurance to either not get paid at all or for payment to be late? Are some safer to go through than others?

My car insurance is due at end of Dec and I was hoping I could save some money on this, but didn't knnow whether to rely on cashback amount before deciding on best deal.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure