Cashback sites free cash discussion

Options

Comments

• bluemug
    Options
    Hi
    Another first posting! I've been using cashback sites a little while and have had pay outs from GreasyPalm without any problem.
    However I'm also having a problem with the Prudential - their Home Insurance hasn't tracked through TopCashBack. I'm still waiting to hear whether they will pay out.
    Being cynical does anyone else wonder if the Pru use the site to advertise then as it's their decison whether to pay commission decide not to pay it - thus getting their customer (cos by then it's too late to cancel the policy) and saving on the commission payment?
    I was going to look at their car insurance deal but on the basis of CTodd84s' experience and my own I think I'll look elsewhere!
  • skim
    skim Posts: 417 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    bluemug wrote: »
    Hi
    Another first posting! I've been using cashback sites a little while and have had pay outs from GreasyPalm without any problem.
    However I'm also having a problem with the Prudential - their Home Insurance hasn't tracked through TopCashBack. I'm still waiting to hear whether they will pay out.
    Being cynical does anyone else wonder if the Pru use the site to advertise then as it's their decison whether to pay commission decide not to pay it - thus getting their customer (cos by then it's too late to cancel the policy) and saving on the commission payment?
    I was going to look at their car insurance deal but on the basis of CTodd84s' experience and my own I think I'll look elsewhere!

Sounds like it hasn't tracked because I've recently bought home & contents insurance separately via http://www.getpoundsback.co.uk from Prudential & Churchill - total £198.45, cashback of £145 (£75,£70) & it was reported next day.
  • buxtonrabbitgreen
    Options
    bluemug wrote: »
    Hi
    i bought car insurance with the pru through quidco and it tracked quite quickly. It took about 3 months to get the money though.
    Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination:beer:

Oscar Wilde
  • willliz
    Options
    Has anyone ever used www.giveortake.com ? They seem to be very generous in their cashback on certain things. For example if you join up with bt total broadband through them, they will give you £50!!!!!! They take the first £5 of any cashback you earn in a year but after that it is all yours!!!:j
    You can also opt to give all the cashback you earn to charity if you want.
  • owtfornowt_2
    Options
    I've signed up for Quidco and the balance is going up nicely.

However, I've read somewhere else on MSE that you need to get rid of your cookies every so often so that when you visit a site (ie not your 1st time) thorugh Quidco you will get the credit - or something like that.

Any advice? I'm confused (doesn't take alot does it?!)
  • dannyboy182
    Options
    i currently just want to make a few quid using the cashback sites by using search engines like kelkoo etc. but I don't fully understand what i need to do, can somebody give me an example of a search that will get me "points" on rpoints? and what sort of products/stores i should click onto in order to get these points?

Thankyou for any support.

Danny.

:A
  • mango850
    mango850 Posts: 290 Forumite
    Options
    me to i would like to know as well
    Pigsback (£8.55) recieved £30 boots voucher QuidsInUk (£32.35) MoneyMaddness (£27.68)

Target for the year £100
  • glitterygirl
    Options
    me three!!!

I am totally confused by the whole click through thing!!!!
  • purplestar133
    Options
    i currently just want to make a few quid using the cashback sites by using search engines like kelkoo etc. but I don't fully understand what i need to do, can somebody give me an example of a search that will get me "points" on rpoints? and what sort of products/stores i should click onto in order to get these points?

Thankyou for any support.

Danny.

:A
    In my experience, it's a bit hit and miss whether they award you any points, but Kelkoo seem quite reliable. Just search for things that come to mind-anything! When you click the link it will give you details of any exceptions. eg. on kelkoo, you can't search for items from the cars, gifts or gadgets sections. I tend to just search for a book i've heard of, or a dvd, even if i;m not interested in it. then pick a search listing, anyone, and click through to the site where the item is being sold. it seems worthwhile to stay on the page briefly, not long, but long enough for them to know that it's not a computer programmed to keep clicking links to get cashback!

If i can't think of much to search for, i take my clues from the site. So, on highstreetweb, i might search for 'health insurance' or something that would comeup with plenty of search results.

Does this help? Hope so!
  • cheesecake27
    Options
    I'm quite the 'Facebook' addict which has finally reaped some kind of reward in the form of a Topcashback application.

You can either register or use your existing topcashback account combined with the facebook application to make money

All you do is add the application then invite your friends to do the same, for each invitation sent you will recieve 2p into your account, 20invites per day can be sent making 40p essentially for being on facebook.

It says on the application there is a limit as to how much free money you can acquire currently at £2.16, however I have earned more than this so whether the limit works i do not no. The money gained you can transfer into your Pay pal account.

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure