Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    mineallmine
    Sort 7 financial things in 7 days
    • 5th Dec 12, 4:04 PM
    Sort 7 financial things in 7 days 5th Dec 12 at 4:04 PM
    Hi,

If this thread should sit somewhere else can a Mod please move

I find the "What small DFW things will you do today?" thread really useful. I have some big DFW things I need to do but put off. I'd like to sort these things I hate doing quickly. The idea is to sort 7 financial things in 7 days. And not wait until the New Year to start. I need to:

1. Close an old savings account and cancel the standing order (yes I know this should be straightforward )
    DONE!

2. Open a new savings account with best rate etc

3. Get an ISA for this financial year, again with best rate
    DONE!

4. Check interest rate on old ISA. Consider transfer.
    DONE... AWAITING TRANSFER FORM.

5. Do an up to date inventory of all monthly/yearly direct debits. Check through it.
    DONE!

6. Reconnect the Energy Monitor. See what the thirsty lights/ appliances are. Think how to reduce energy usuage.

7. Research options for loft insultation top up (DIY, MSE newsletter offers)
    DONE!

Anyone want to join me? I'm starting tomorrow 6/12/12.

Achieved 5/7 last week so not bad considering I hate doing stuff like this and put it off

So here's the next list including any items not achieved last week:

1. Open a new savings account

2. Find paperwork for closing another old dusty savings account. Cancel the standing order

3. Find paperwork for old ISA

4. Get hubby to reconnect the Energy Monitor to highlight thirsty lights/appliances

5. Do an inventory of all Direct Debits in main account

6. Create a new budget spreadsheet for 2013

7. Sort an awkward goods return using Martins consumer guide in this weeks newsletter

So this is all about getting these ruddy bigger things sorted and done. Consolidating savings. Using ISA allowances/best deals.
    Originally posted by mineallmine
    Last edited by mineallmine; 15-12-2012 at 12:35 PM. Reason: Some progress made!
    Declutter 300 things in December challenge, 9/300. Clear the living room. Re-organize storage
    Cherryprint: "More stuff = more stuff to tidy up!"
    Less things. Less stuff. More life.
    Fab thread: Long daily walks
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

510Posts Today

3,936Users online

Martin's Twitter