Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Stolen Galaxy S3
    • 8th Nov 12, 4:58 PM
    Stolen Galaxy S3 8th Nov 12 at 4:58 PM
    Hi All.

I was on a night out in Newcastle with the lads back in August, got picked up by a taxi around midnight and my galaxy s3 fell out my pocket into the back seat of the taxi. I got out the car and realised, the driver turned round and drove past me as I tried to flag him down. He obviously realised I'd left something in there and decided to drive away. Now to the point. I claimed on insurance and got a new one, however I realised a few days ago that the person who stole it (the taxi driver I remember his face now) had not unlinked the phone from my dropbox account (fail), and every picture he has taken of himself and his family has stored to my online account. I've sent a link to the dropbox and details of my crime to Northumbria police who have been very quick to reply and have passed pictures to the intel team to identify the man.

The problem I have facing me is - I no longer have the original box to get the IMEI number. I have rang 3 who said they won't give it me (because it might not be registered to their network!?) so I can pass it on to the police incase they track the man down. I now have an official crime number, do they have to give it me by law?

Any help/advice would be appreciated!
    Who are you to judge the life I live? I know I'm not perfect and don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers - make sure your hands are clean. Bob Marley - Legend.

Page 2
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,889Posts Today

6,661Users online

Martin's Twitter