Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    Former MSE Debs
    Real-life MMD: Pet dog or doghouse?
    • 2nd Nov 12, 10:48 AM
    Real-life MMD: Pet dog or doghouse? 2nd Nov 12 at 10:48 AM
    Money Moral Dilemma: Pet dog or doghouse?

Our son has wanted a pet dog for years and my wife's keen to get him one. But dogs are expensive and I've been saving in secret to surprise her with a holiday next year. She thinks I'm stingy, when I'm actually the opposite. Should I give in and get the dog to make them happy, or remain in the doghouse myself so we can go away?

Click reply to have your say

Note: Please remember that these are real-life Money Moral Dilemmas and while we want you to have your say, please remember to be nice when you respond.

Previous MMDs:

This Forum Tip was included in MoneySavingExpert's weekly email

Don't miss out on new deals, loopholes, and vouchers

Last edited by Former MSE Debs; 06-11-2012 at 3:41 PM.
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,244Posts Today

7,732Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @Craftyblogging: @MartinSLewis £98 back from EasyJet due to price match, thank you!

• RT @sally_mw: @MartinSLewis Just had £3K refund for missold packaged account AND now have a free bank account.Thanks for making peeps aware?

• Does anyone have a savings statement to hand? (either on paper or online). If so can you check, does it include your current interest rate?

• Follow Martin