Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    Spendless
    Do you keep opened jams/sauces/condiments in the fridge?
    • 3rd Apr 07, 8:07 PM
    Do you keep opened jams/sauces/condiments in the fridge? 3rd Apr 07 at 8:07 PM
    Following on from my quest to find room for veg now I have a smaller fridge I am now looking at ways to reduce how many bottles of sauces/ketchups etc we have in there.

So far I have decided that since we rarely have chicken/turkey as a roast dinner except at Xmas, it is pointless keeping cranberry sauce from one year to next, so in future it will be used up just into the New Year.

Only Mr Spendless likes mustard, so why do I keep a huge jar of that in the fridge :confused: . Occassionally we add relishes to sandwiches but it's not a regular thing. Years ago when I used to shop at Morrisons they used to sell tiny jars of different pickles/sauces/mustards etc, do they still? If they do I thought of getting some (like mustard, tomato relish) and storing them in a cupboard and using them when we need them. Know they work out more expensive, but I need the space in the fridge for things we eat more often.

DH says his parents never keep things like ketchup in fridge, but on label it says you need to once opened, do you?

I've also got in there, the following jars all opened, HP sauce (only DH likes this:rolleyes: ), apple sauce, prawn cocktail sauce (def think you'll have to keep these in fridge), mint sauce (don't know about this and label ripped off), 2 jams and a marmalade in fridge. Do I need to keep all this in there?

Some help much needed please.
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,945Posts Today

6,232Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • London marathoners, free meals once you finish (woo hoo) full list http://t.co/CgeN6obyOa Pls RT to spread word

• Bravo @JonnyMaitland Dead Sheep is great. Highly recommended for anyone bar finsbury park (or political nerds)

• Going to see my mate @JonnyMaitland's play Dead Sheep, about the end of the thatcher regime, tonight

• Follow Martin