Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    Phirefly
    How does Expired MOT affect insurance claim?
    • 3rd Apr 07, 8:02 AM
    How does Expired MOT affect insurance claim? 3rd Apr 07 at 8:02 AM
    Hi, I've searched the threads where this issue has been discussed previously, sorry if I'm repeating but I'm just looking for confirmation on a point raised.

I had a minor at fault bump resulting in almost 1.5K of repairs to my car the DAY after my MOT expired without me realising (hows your luck ) I was oblivious and the claim was set in motion. Now I've realised my mistake I'm in a dilemma over whether to tell my insurers about this or if its not worth it. The car is booked in to be repaired in a couple of weeks and thus far all I've been told by the insurers is that I will need to pay my £150 excess diectly to the bodyshop.

I've seen it stated on this forum that for minor reparable claims, insurance companies do not require you to produce a valid MOT certificate. Is this a fact?

Many thanks in advance
    Last edited by Phirefly; 03-04-2007 at 10:19 AM.
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,694Posts Today

8,139Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @MoneySavingExp: Hi folks - the site will be down from 10pm tonight until 8am tomorrow while we re-charge the batteries with some behind?

• Uk dominating world long jump.Who'd have thought it. Kathy Cook's British 200m record about to go I think. #Beijing2015

• RT @MoneySavingExp: If you're affected by the #HSBC payments glitch, here's what you need to do (more to follow, when we get it): http://t.?

• Follow Martin