make do and mend for tougher times

As the previous thread hit 10 000 posts and growing we've decided to start a new one.

Welcome to 'make do and mend as things get an awful lot tougher' a name suggested by preparedathome :)

Pink-winged... do your stuff :D

Comments

• fuddle
    fuddle Posts: 6,823 Forumite
    Thanks Pink. Very much appreciated. Looking forward to reading some of the older stuff to see how far we've [STRIKE]not[/STRIKE] come :cool: and what has changed/got worse and how this thread came about.

Thanks for starting the threads Kittie they have taught me so much and I now think I am in a much better position to cope with whatever comes my way financially. :)
  • Possession
    Possession Posts: 3,262 Forumite
    A shiny new thread! It isn't raining here so at least I don't feel as if the heavens have opened to add to our woes.
    Byatt - hope your red weather alert didn't materialise.
    This weekend I'm hoping to assess our stores a bit and see what we need to add/use up. Due to various functions we have used up our couscous mountain - I think we only have about 10 packs left!
  • Possession
    Possession Posts: 3,262 Forumite
    double posting this here in case it's of use to anyone and they've missed it:
    There's a great sale on at DotComGiftShop, thanks to autumnGirl on the Grabbit thread. Up to 90% off and great stocking fillers, party bag stuff etc, lots of retro stuff too, perfect for my sister's birthday. Prices starting from 10p (although of course there would be postage to pay on that!).
    http://www.dotcomgiftshop.com/summer-sale?all=1
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 12,492
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    wd fuddle, I am still reading and enjoying :)
  • fuddle
    No rain here either this morning. Still dull as ever. I cannot remember the last time I had washing on the line. :eek:

Panic over cous cous Possession ;)

DH fishing today. I'm not too sure what I'm going to do today. Housework it seems but you know what? I can't be arrised :o

Must muster some motivation.
  • fuddle
    kittie wrote: »
    wd fuddle, I am still reading and enjoying :)

:D Aw kittie, thanks for posting. Miss your posts :( I lurk on the other one though so keep my eye on what you know ;)
  • Oh just what we needed a bright shiny new venue - thanks to Fuddle for the initiation and Pink Winged for setting us up again. I thought up a rather biblical motto for this 'summer?' 'It has rained, it is raining, it will rain again' Hope any gods listening in will have a sense of humour and make it stop after that! Keep swimmign toughies have a good one, Lyn.
  • thriftwizard
    thriftwizard Posts: 4,647
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Pouring here, and has been all night. It just makes me want to go back to bed & stay there! But I need to tidy up; DS1, a final-year student on an intensive course that doesn't finish for another couple of weeks, is coming home for a couple of nights for the first time since Christmas, and we're all going out for a meal to celebrate DS3 & DD1's birthdays. We'd booked this before we knew about the Spain situation (DFiL terminally ill & in 24/7 nursing care out there - and we're paying. Not begrudged, but with 2 students, not easy on the finances either) so we're going ahead with it, especially so as DS3 flies out to Chile for his 3rd year of studying in two weeks, so it's the last chance to all be together for another year. But after this it's belt-tightening time...
    Angie - GC March 24 24 £379.50/£500: 2024 Fashion on the Ration Challenge: 10/68: (Money's just a substitute for time & talent...)
  • mardatha
    mardatha Posts: 15,612 Forumite
    Awh kittie - it's good that you're still in here, you got me started in this stuff as well, opened my eyes to a few things.
    Yer all mad, opening a new thread at 3 am :D but I was awake and if I'd had the ooomph to get up then I'd have been in at the birth as well. We've got your rain now, thanks very much for passing that on :angry: Its blowing a gale and hammering down and has done all night, is why I was awake. At times like this its quite good to live at 1000ft - gives me time to build a bigger better ark ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure