PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Old Style Daily Thread for Monday 21st May 2012

Options
Molly41
Molly41 Posts: 4,919 Forumite
First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
edited 21 May 2012 at 7:25AM in Old style MoneySaving
Hi, this is the Daily Thread for Monday 21st May 2012 . This is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything Old Style and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what Old Style things we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an Old Style natter. The more the merrier!

As this is the Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or slow internet connections, so please don’t post large pictures, or clip art – links are preferred.

When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning.

Some people who chat here like to try to answer everyone. Don’t feel you have to though, a general “hi everyone, hope everyone’s well” type start does just as well.

Good Morning:wave:
Hope you are all doing well this morning.
I need to get organised as no cleaner this week. Usual exam stress going on here:eek:

I would like your vibes and support to encourage LameWolf to post. I fear that she might have been frightened off by a rather insensitive post on another thread - not OS board. I will very much miss you if you stop posting and those thoughts are not representative of how I perceive you and Im sure I wont be alone in thinking this my OS friend x

Hugs x
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over and through me. When it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
When the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Comments

• VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    We have a week of warm weather to look forward to at last....:j
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • bargainbird
    bargainbird Posts: 3,771 Forumite
    Options
    Morning Molly and all who follow,

Hope everyones ok, Big hugs for those that need one.

Been MIA over the w/end. DD1 went off on her Yr6 residential trip y'day, and have done nothing but worry :o. The back garden is looking much better but still have 5tonne of gravel left. We are spreading into various places trying to use up the rest will have to go on ebay :cool:.

Today - DD2 to school, DS home with me then it's the bathroom, landing and our room to be cleaned - then PF ironing (i've still got 4 bags :o). Cake tin is empty so need to rustle something up for that probably brownies :D

Tea tongiht Chicken Fajitas yum yum.

Have lovely days this week is supposed to be lovely and sunny :T

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSqmQvgMPsJVV0lTeovZBFID7JFoVIrnWeNdkWwF8WvWm4sNpZk
    You know your getting old when you
    go to the pub sit outside
    and admire the hanging basket :cool:
    Is officially 48% tight :D
  • bargainbird
    Options
    LW - Please don't stop posting here........:(. Don't know who what when where and why, but don't let it get to you xxxx
  • de1amo
    de1amo Posts: 3,401 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 21 May 2012 at 9:22AM
    Options
    Greetings to all

DD is doing her exams this week so it is going to be fraught-she needs to pass to progress to the next year of high school and choose her subjects rather than do the whole syllabus--she is scared but i am confident!

İ have an appointment to see the Doctor on Wednesday as opposed to going through the ER dept. İts not my choice but i have little control over these things! We have 2 new teachers at our school now and i am hoping i can pass my lessons on to them by playing the wounded soldier.
    İt has been a long year and i am physically in pain and mentally 'done in'. The normal school year ends on the 9th June so not long to go now!-Summer plans are up in the air -i need the break but we can ill afford doing nothing for 4 months.One thing that is planned is a return to the uk for August. My wife is doing a teaching exam at a language college in my home town, it means i have to amuse my teenage daughter and her friend for the time. i am going to teach them how to decorate because i am determind to get some work done on my home back there!
    good day to everyone that follows
    mfw'11 No68- 55k mortgage İO--little to nothing saved! i must do better.
  • DundeeDoll
    DundeeDoll Posts: 4,920 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Good plan de1 re teaching them to decorate.
    BB love the piccies you post
    Have a student arriving after 9 and son's first exam this avo so working at home :T made a really good start on the house and garden yesterday so hoping to fly this week. Switched off heating yesterday -noticeably chilly this morning. But it's may !!!!!! (which stands for for flips sake as i told my foreign students :rotfl:)
    Off i go. Need to read the student's work before she arrives. Have a good day everyone (((hugs))) lonewolf
    MrsSD declutter medals 🏅🏅🏅⭐⭐
  • Butterfly_Brain
    Butterfly_Brain Posts: 8,862 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped! Post of the Month
    Options
    Morning All

Lame Wolf........... sod 'em on the other board WE miss you :grouphug::grouphug:

I am so glad to see the back of last week :(
    Dull here, but I hope it will brighten up later, because I have a couple of machine loads of washing to do.
    Hoping that DD will be home later, because she needs a kick up the @arris about her pit of doom (room) :eek::mad::eek:
    DS is still in bed and DH is at work, so nice and peaceful at the moment.
    I need to get some grow bags and compost this week and I will be able to put my seedlings out. DH built me another high raised bed so that I can reach everything.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones that let in the light
    C.R.A.P R.O.L.L.Z. Member #35 Butterfly Brain + OH - Foraging Fixers
    Not Buying it 2015!
  • bargainbird
    Options
    BB - I'm sure we could have a room-off, my DD1 is horrendous too. Would post a pic but too embarrassing. Will t[STRIKE]hrow lots of stuff out[/STRIKE] sort it this week whilst she not here ;)
  • System
    System Posts: 178,102 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning all,

I ache this morning. I spent all of yesterday in the garden and i am counting the cost this morning.

There are just a few jobs i need to do today as i caught up with most of my routine on Saturday. I like routine and for one reason or another my routine has been upset for well over a month now. However, all the hospital visits are now behind me and everything is on an even keel so i'm going to start again.

Todays i need to catch up on the washing from the weekend. The weather is just right for line drying so i'm going to take full advantage of it. I need to pop down the post office to send a couple of parcels. The office floor needs a bit of a clean. Its not too bad but the laminate is light and it shows up all the marks. I'm going to bleach the weeds round the side of the house (to kill them) and i want to contact a friend.

Youngest has gone into school as he is sitting one of his GCSE's.

Hugs to those who need them.
  • adelight
    adelight Posts: 2,658 Forumite
    Options
    Morning everyone. I'm back in London revising for exams but would much rather be with family still. OH doesn't really get it because his family aren't close at all, he sees people outside the immediate family twice a year and his grandparents are basically just ticking inheritence bombs. Blunt but sadly true.
    I don't really have time to get to the shops this week so I'm going to do a milkandmore order with a discount code, the discount makes it just about reasonably priced.
    good luck to your ds judi and all others with exams
    Living cheap in central London :rotfl:
  • redruby
    redruby Posts: 7,317 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all,

Beautiful day here :j, its meant to be a cracking week, wm is on, I have 2 loads to do, and I may then wash the dogs bed.

LW get yourself back here my lovely, Little dog misses you, and likes to hear of your doggie visitors, talking of little dog we bought her a new kong toy yesterday, you can wedge 2 dog treats into it, she LOVES it, has not put it down since, and it keeps her amused trying to get the treats out :T

Need to hoover through downstairs today, and put washing etc away, just have a general good tidy round, I also need to post ebay parcels, do an online shop, and go and see my dad.

Roast chicken for dinner tonight, with roasties and veggies, will do some yorkshires too.

Have good days all xx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport