Why do I keep getting rejected???

Options
If anyone can give me any idea as to why I keep getting rejected that would be great.. I checked both equifax and experian (both good, Experian shows as 999). I applied for a Natwest, Halifax and Creation card, and all 3 got rejected pretty much instantly.
I have a Barclaycard (Balance £800 now, usually around £1,000 but I pay this off every month, credit limit £7k), mbna (Balance £9k, limit £13k, currently interest free, oddly mbna cc is not showing on either of my credit reports). I have no other debts apart from mortgage (70% on a 500k house) with natwest (also not showing on my credit reports at all..) in a house I moved into 2 years ago, before then I was down as living with parents for 18 years. I earn 100k a year. I need the credit card to transfer the mbna balance, which I built up when I redid my kitchen, and also as I had to take a few months maternity leave unpaid (I live in the Channel islands, there is no maternity leave). I called them and I get back the usual spiel about “internal” checks.. well what are they?? Why do I keep getting rejected??? I am coming to the end of my mbna 0% and it will take a few months to pay it off..

Comments

• BugsyBrowne
    BugsyBrowne Posts: 5,697 Forumite
    Options
    You've just answered it in your post why your rejected.
  • Bravehearted_2
    Bravehearted_2 Posts: 669 Forumite
    edited 12 April 2012 at 11:03AM
    Options

That was helpful.

Twit.

OP you have very high limits and very high utilisation on those cards.
  • BugsyBrowne
    Options
    That was helpful.

Twit.

That was helpful actually you tw*t as the OP asked the same question last week.

What a lemon.
  • mtm103
    mtm103 Posts: 45 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Well yes, I did post something similar some time ago, but at the time I had just applied for 1 credit card and only checked 1 credit report. I have now checked both in detail, and as mentioned, mbna is on neither of them (hence my new post) so as far as they know, I don’t have an mbna card, only a Barclaycard, with a limit of £7k (I originally thought it was £9, it is actually £7) which I use every month to pay for online things but I pay off every month. Apart from Barclaycard nothing else is showing. So I don’t think I have answered my own new question?
  • Bravehearted_2
    Options
    BB you're an idiot.

Whatever the OP posted last week is irrelevant. I referred to the !!!!!! post you made, asking how was it helpful.

Again, which bit of that post exactly was helpful?

If I stumbled on this thread wanting to know what the OP asked, how would your post have enlightened me? Did it reference the thread you claim the OP posted last week - or answer the Q? No.

Seems, you my friend are the lemon. See you.
  • BugsyBrowne
    Options
    That was helpful.

Twit.

You're an idiot.

Whatever the OP posted last week is irrelevant. I referred to the !!!!!! post you made, asking how was it helpful.

Again, which bit of that post exactly was helpful?

If I stumbled on this thread wanting to know what the OP asked, how would your post have enlightened me? Did it reference the thread you claim the OP posted last week - or answer the Q? No.

Seems, you my friend are the lemon. See you.

Good morning to you to sir.
  • mtm103
    mtm103 Posts: 45 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Apart from the replies above, is there anyone else that could give me some reason (especially in light of mbna not being on my credit report)
  • Paul_01
    Paul_01 Posts: 393 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options

Useless and pointless post.

Have you looked into all three CRA's? Is there any other data which could be going against you? Linked finances, passed issues etc?

As you probably know the 999 figure is only an indicator of how Experian interpret your file, not how a lender would interpret it.

Overexposure seems like the only obvious issue?

Paul.
  • lisyloo
    lisyloo Posts: 29,625 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    You are overexposed.
    You've only been in your property 2 years.
    3 credit chceks as well will make you appear desperate.
  • BugsyBrowne
    Options
    mtm103 wrote: »
    Well yes, I did post something similar some time ago, but at the time I had just applied for 1 credit card and only checked 1 credit report. I have now checked both in detail, and as mentioned, mbna is on neither of them (hence my new post) so as far as they know, I don’t have an mbna card, only a Barclaycard, with a limit of £7k (I originally thought it was £9, it is actually £7) which I use every month to pay for online things but I pay off every month. Apart from Barclaycard nothing else is showing. So I don’t think I have answered my own new question?
    Paul_01 wrote: »
    Useless and pointless post.

Have you looked into all three CRA's? Is there any other data which could be going against you? Linked finances, passed issues etc?

As you probably know the 999 figure is only an indicator of how Experian interpret your file, not how a lender would interpret it.

Overexposure seems like the only obvious issue?

Paul.

Thank you very much.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family