Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    BevvyB
    Digital Maintenance Ltd - Sky box insurance scam
    • 26th Mar 12, 9:12 AM
    Digital Maintenance Ltd - Sky box insurance scam 26th Mar 12 at 9:12 AM
    It's pretty hard to tell if a call is a scam or not when they've got your details and call themselves Sky.

Anyway, I was caught off-guard and they got me for a month. But you should all be aware that there's a company called Digital Maintenance LTD who are cold calling and pretending to be SKY and their spiel is basically 'If your Sky box goes wrong it will cost you 200 quid take our our insurance for 80 a year'.

Only realised something was amiss when the letter came and it wasn't from SKY at all, was from this Digital Maintenance LTD place and was just one printed A4 sheet. I can even tell that their printer is nearly out of ink from the print out.

Also their pretty hilarious website at www.dml.uk.com will tell you enough about them to make you never touch them with a barge pole.

I've cancelled my direct debit, informed my bank and hope they don't start trying to create new debits.

Bah. But it just goes to show it's a numbers game for them. If you're busy and take your eye of the ball just once you'll get caught with one of these things once in a while. Doh.
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,853Posts Today

7,189Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • After how long will your student loan be wiped (it all depends on what year you started). Full info here... http://t.co/FqCN7ETU9D

• RT @financialombuds: Are you up for a new challenge? We're hiring in London, UK! https://t.co/jqFDmJ8RC4

• On way to ITVs social mobility partnership to talk on student finance to 6th formers from non traditional uni backgrounds. Important message

• Follow Martin