Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    kozera
    Can vendor move out AFTER completion date?
    • 12th Mar 12, 10:20 AM
    Can vendor move out AFTER completion date? 12th Mar 12 at 10:20 AM
    I'm buying a house and found on the 9th March that the completion must be before 24th March so i could avoid paying the stamp duty(am first-time buyer- house is 146,000) .

I signed the contract at the beginning of Feb stating that my preferred completion date is 17th or 23 march ( did not even know about avoiding the stamp duty)- thought it would give myself and the vendor sufficient time to sort out all the issues related( the whole process started in November).

Now I found out from my solicitor that one of the party STILL has not signed the contract and it cannot be guaranteed that the completion will happen before 24th. as apparently the vendor still has not completed the matters related to their new house.

I highly doubt that they will agree completion for 24th as it is only in 12 days.

I am happy for them to move out after 24March so i could avoid paying the stamp duty. Can it be done ? My solicitor seem NOT to be familiar with such arrangements. I understand there will be some kind of contract/agreement written(?) Who should pay for it and how much can it cost? Obviously if they stay there I will end up paying the mortgage and rent for my current flat. So- can the vendor pay my mortgage for the time they will be there and I am unable to move in ?

would really appreciate any advice on this.
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

5,219Posts Today

6,895Users online

Martin's Twitter