Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Gavhough
    • By Gavhough 10th Mar 12, 8:45 PM
    • 50Posts
    • 16Thanks
    Gavhough
    Aircon Regas
    • 10th Mar 12, 8:45 PM
    Aircon Regas 10th Mar 12 at 8:45 PM
    Now it is starting to warm up a little, does anybody know of any good aircon regasing deals?
    Thanks all
Page 1
  • Sgt Pepper
    • 10th Mar 12, 9:08 PM
    • 10th Mar 12, 9:08 PM
    You need to get the leak sorted first.
  • Premier
    • 10th Mar 12, 9:53 PM
    • 10th Mar 12, 9:53 PM
    Now it is starting to warm up a little, does anybody know of any good aircon regasing deals?
    Thanks all
    Originally posted by Gavhough
    Formula One currently have a special offer for air-con regas of 29.00
    "Now to trolling as a concept. .... Personally, I've always found it a little sad that people choose to spend such a large proportion of their lives in this way but they do, and we have to deal with it." - MSE Forum Manager 6th July 2010
  • andrew-the-cat
    • 11th Mar 12, 9:01 AM
    • 11th Mar 12, 9:01 AM
    I hate to say it but Kwik Fit normally do offers around this time of year for 25 or so. The machine they use is completely automated so before everyone starts jumping in and saying how incompetent their staff are, they *can't* !!!! it up. A friend of mine works there and did my car for me a few years back.

Be warned though if your air conditioning does not work AT ALL now it is possible it has a leak. This will need to be fixed before it can be gassed up and could potentially be very expensive.
    • worried jim
    • By worried jim 11th Mar 12, 9:22 AM
    • 7,297 Posts
    • 10,809 Thanks
    worried jim
    • 11th Mar 12, 9:22 AM
    • 11th Mar 12, 9:22 AM
    Thanks all
    Originally posted by Gavhough
    Hate to say it as well but Kwik Fitt will do a recharge for 29.99 and an aircon service for 49.
    "Only two things are infinite-the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not so sure about the universe"
    Albert Einstein
    • pinkmouse
    • By pinkmouse 11th Mar 12, 10:08 AM
    • 46 Posts
    • 34 Thanks
    pinkmouse
    • 11th Mar 12, 10:08 AM
    • 11th Mar 12, 10:08 AM
    I have just bought a car with air con. I've never had one before so I didn't know that it needed regassed. How often do you need to do this? The car I have is an 08 Vauxhall Corsa 1.4 Auto.

Thank you!
    • worried jim
    • By worried jim 11th Mar 12, 10:41 AM
    • 7,297 Posts
    • 10,809 Thanks
    worried jim
    • 11th Mar 12, 10:41 AM
    • 11th Mar 12, 10:41 AM
    I have just bought a car with air con. I've never had one before so I didn't know that it needed regassed. How often do you need to do this? The car I have is an 08 Vauxhall Corsa 1.4 Auto.

Thank you!
    Originally posted by pinkmouse
    Air Conditioning Re-Gas

It is recommended that you should recharge your air conditioning system every 2 years with gas and lubricant, in order to keep it running efficiently. This is not included as part of a routine car service and so it can often be overlooked. If your car is more than 2 years old it is more than likely due a re-gas.

This service ensures that your air conditioning system is working efficiently by testing the gas pressure to see if it has dropped. A drop in gas pressure will result in a loss of cooling efficiency which will make your engine work harder and in turn use more fuel.

Due to it's dehumidifying properties, when operating fully efficiently, your air conditioning system will also de-mist your windscreen more rapidly in cold weather.
    "Only two things are infinite-the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not so sure about the universe"
    Albert Einstein
    • pinkmouse
    • By pinkmouse 11th Mar 12, 10:43 AM
    • 46 Posts
    • 34 Thanks
    pinkmouse
    • 11th Mar 12, 10:43 AM
    • 11th Mar 12, 10:43 AM
    Thanks Jim. I will take it and get it done then
    • worried jim
    • By worried jim 11th Mar 12, 11:10 AM
    • 7,297 Posts
    • 10,809 Thanks
    worried jim
    • 11th Mar 12, 11:10 AM
    • 11th Mar 12, 11:10 AM
    Thanks Jim. I will take it and get it done then
    Originally posted by pinkmouse
    If it hasn't been done for a while you should notice a difference, it will be as cold as a fridge, some place will give you a money back guarantee if there is no difference.
    Albert Einstein
    • avantra
    • By avantra 11th Mar 12, 6:55 PM
    • 1,282 Posts
    • 901 Thanks
    avantra
    I hate to say it but KwikFit do the recharge for around 30, this includes topping up the oil in the AC system.

If the regas don't work they will not take any money. If you have a leak get it sorted first.
    Five exclamation marks the sure sign of an insane mind!!!!!

Terry Pratchett.
    • motorguy
    • By motorguy 11th Mar 12, 7:02 PM
    • 13,186 Posts
    • 6,909 Thanks
    motorguy
    I hate to say it but KwikFit do the recharge for around 30, this includes topping up the oil in the AC system.

If the regas don't work they will not take any money. If you have a leak get it sorted first.
    Originally posted by avantra
    Definitely use Kwik Fit. If they cant make it cooler they dont charge you PLUS if theres a leak they will tell you where it is. The pointed the pipe out to me on my 407 and i got one from Peugeot for 12 and fitted it myself. Took the car back and they regassed it!

Regards

Paul
    • haribo85
    • By haribo85 23rd Mar 12, 2:51 PM
    • 23 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    haribo85
    Kwik-Fit
    Sorry to reopen this thread... but what with the hot weather, it's reminded me that my air-con needs to be re-gassed sooner rather than later, and I am looking to get it done as cheaply as possible.

Looking on this thread people have said it's around 30 at Kwik-Fit, but looking on there site it's from 49.

Am I missing something?

Thanks
    • neilmcl
    • By neilmcl 23rd Mar 12, 2:59 PM
    • 7,695 Posts
    • 4,865 Thanks
    neilmcl
    Sorry to reopen this thread... but what with the hot weather, it's reminded me that my air-con needs to be re-gassed sooner rather than later, and I am looking to get it done as cheaply as possible.

Looking on this thread people have said it's around 30 at Kwik-Fit, but looking on there site it's from 49.

Am I missing something?

Thanks
    Originally posted by haribo85
    If you read the other threads you'll notice that they say KF often have "offers" to get it at the low price. Clearly the offer isn't on at the moment, that's all.
    • s b
    • By s b 23rd Mar 12, 8:41 PM
    • 4,317 Posts
    • 2,336 Thanks
    s b
    its an offence to fill an air conditioning system if theres a leak so quick flit have to check this first so its not customer relations its a legal requirement

this was a public service anouncement
  • Premier

Am I missing something?

Thanks
    As I said in post#3

Formula One currently have a special offer for air-con regas of 29.00
    Originally posted by Premier
    Offer still on. Why look anywhere else?

(All these automatic filling machines check for leaks and won't fill if a leak is found)
    "Now to trolling as a concept. .... Personally, I've always found it a little sad that people choose to spend such a large proportion of their lives in this way but they do, and we have to deal with it." - MSE Forum Manager 6th July 2010
    • worried jim
    • By worried jim 24th Mar 12, 10:40 AM
    • 7,297 Posts
    • 10,809 Thanks
    worried jim

Am I missing something?

Thanks
    Went to finally get mine done yesterday and they have put the price up to 49 now the sun has come out. I didn't bother getting it done as I am confident they will soon have a "half price offer" of 25 so they can claim you are getting a good price. Everywhere I've looked is now 49. You snooze you loose.

edit-just checked Formula1 and they are still advertising 29- do Kwik fit price match?
    Last edited by worried jim; 24-03-2012 at 10:46 AM.
    Albert Einstein
    • Crabman
    • By Crabman 24th Mar 12, 3:38 PM
    • 9,467 Posts
    • 6,888 Thanks
    Crabman
    edit-just checked Formula1 and they are still advertising 29- do Kwik fit price match?
    Originally posted by worried jim
    In my experience they are competitive when they know a customer's not in the habit of issuing blank cheques. Give them a call, you lose nothing by asking.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Savings & Investments, ISAs & Tax-free Savings, Public Transport & Cycling, Motoring and Parking Fines, Tickets & Parking Boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly & I can move & merge posts there. Board Guides are not moderators & don't read every post. If you spot a contentious or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com

• avantra
    • By avantra 24th Mar 12, 9:21 PM
    • 1,282 Posts
    • 901 Thanks
    avantra
    Re gassing in winter is always cheaper.
    Five exclamation marks the sure sign of an insane mind!!!!!

Terry Pratchett.
    • stevec59
    • By stevec59 26th May 12, 3:21 PM
    • 191 Posts
    • 15 Thanks
    stevec59
    Any one know of any deals on at the momment?Halfords are doing 49,but I have seen people posting to avoid Halfords.

Steve
    • skintbuthappy81
    • By skintbuthappy81 27th May 12, 10:41 AM
    • 961 Posts
    • 2,678 Thanks
    skintbuthappy81
    As above anyone know anybody doing it cheaper?
    Married 1st October 2015

1st Baby due June 2016
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,944Posts Today

5,931Users online

Martin's Twitter