Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    greentomato
    How to deter dogs from going to loo outside my house?
    • 20th Feb 07, 2:14 PM
    How to deter dogs from going to loo outside my house? 20th Feb 07 at 2:14 PM
    Hi Everyone

I've done a search but can't find anything on here. Does anyone have any tips for deterring dogs from using the tree on the pavement outside my house as their communal toilet? I've found lots of tips for deterring cats and foxes but not for dogs - do you think the same things would work?

Every time I leave the house or get out of the car I have to avoid stepping in dog mess. I know that it's the owner's responsibility and they should pick it up, but they don't, they just leave it lying around. I was thinking of putting a sign up, but that might cause a bit of friction so I was thinking of sprinkling something around the tree so that the dogs wouldn't want to go there anyway.

Any suggestions welcome! Thank you.
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,886Posts Today

10,571Users online

Martin's Twitter