txt from dwp

Options
hi
has anyone else had txts from dwp?
a moment ago i got a txt saying,neglecting to tell dwp about a change in your circumstances may result in action being taken against you. then a link to website. never had that before!
James tucker
Flight 705 My hero :)

Comments

• bargainbunny
    Options
    Dont think Id trust that link somehow
    Did you give them your mobile number?
  • AsknAnswer2
    Options
    It's unlikely that DWP would send that type of message. They did look into texting claimants but whether they actually started doing it, I don't know:

DWP SMS
  • Loobysaver
    Options
    DWP are using SMS now. It sounds like it is a just a general text reminding people to keep the DWP updated of any changes of circumstances i.e address changes etc
  • rogerblack
    rogerblack Posts: 9,446 Forumite
    Options
    Loobysaver wrote: »
    DWP are using SMS now. It sounds like it is a just a general text reminding people to keep the DWP updated of any changes of circumstances i.e address changes etc

Of course, not using it properly.

How nice it'd be able to text them and ask if your claim was going to be processed in the next month or not.

(Currently closing on 5 months since my ESA50 was sent in and no decision)

Having said that - any means of contact is a positive if they use it right.
    For example, they should have the ability trivially to send all decision notices in duplicate by email as well as letter.
    This would take minimal changes to the backend.
  • rossireps
    rossireps Posts: 721 Forumite
    Options
    wont be clicking on the link as ive no need to. just was like blimey a txt from job centre +
    also i dont remember giving them my number.
    doesnt matter to me i was just curious really
    James tucker
    Flight 705 My hero :)
  • AsknAnswer2
    Options
    rossireps wrote: »
    wont be clicking on the link as ive no need to.QUOTE]
    Their link or mine? ;)

I don't blame you, there are that many scams on the go these days. Click something and before you know it, you've sent all manner of information to someone.
  • Weary_soul
    Weary_soul Posts: 272 Forumite
    edited 18 January 2012 at 10:52PM
    Options
    I think It may have been the real deal...

http://www.dwp.gov.uk/local-authority-staff/housing-benefit/performance-and-good-practice/hbctb-good-practice-guide/part-one-good-practice/right-benefit-how-to-maximise-performance/

Encouraging and educating customers to report changes of circumstances
    sending texts to customers after the change has taken place. Sending the text message to remind a customer prior to the change will not educate them to self-report. You should ask the customer from the outset if they would like to be contacted by text message for any reason
  • Anubis_2
    Anubis_2 Posts: 4,077 Forumite
    Options
    Anyone else had one? Is it just a general message? Yesterday after hubby calling them about a WFI which was sent by mistake, he received one on his phone about an hour ago.

They didn't have his phone number until yesterday. Are they just system messages? A new thing?
    How people treat you becomes their karma; how you react becomes yours.
  • Anubis_2
    Anubis_2 Posts: 4,077 Forumite
    Options
    Anyone any ideas? Seems like it might not be legit? Can't find anything "specific" about these anywhere.

Should I get hubby to give JC+ a call tomorrow to inform them incase they are not legit?
    How people treat you becomes their karma; how you react becomes yours.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    thats what id do anubis
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills