IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Tcp unfair parking fine sainsburys

Options
:mad: Just recieved a letter from TCP Parking.This has come out of the blue as the letter states that has we have not paid the fine of £30 it as now gone up to £60. **Help** firstly, the fine is from 11th of the 11th at 11minutes past 11, secondeley the letter states a parking ticket was put on our windscreen which is not true as my husband was sat in the car waiting for me at Sainsburys . I only popped in for milk and a paper.
All the tills closed down while the two minute silence was observed. No one came near the car.
We are on pension credits and this as really got me down.
Can anyone help out there, they are threating us with debt collection agencies.
:money::(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:female:cry::think::think::think::think:

Comments

• Sirdan
    Sirdan Posts: 1,323 Forumite
    Options
    bessieblue wrote: »
    :mad: Just recieved a letter from TCP Parking.This has come out of the blue as the letter states that has we have not paid the fine of £30 it as now gone up to £60. **Help** firstly, the fine is from 11th of the 11th at 11minutes past 11, secondeley the letter states a parking ticket was put on our windscreen which is not true as my husband was sat in the car waiting for me at Sainsburys . I only popped in for milk and a paper.
    All the tills closed down while the two minute silence was observed. No one came near the car.
    We are on pension credits and this as really got me down.
    Can anyone help out there, they are threating us with debt collection agencies.
    :money::(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:female:cry::think::think::think::think:

Check out the rest of this forum.

All you have to do is ignore them.

Debt Collection Agencies have no powers , all they can do is send stupid threatening letters ..which you also ignore.

They will threaten to take you to court ...but TCP never do ..so relax and IGNORE these idiots.
  • pogofish
    pogofish Posts: 10,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    This is not a fine and it is not unfair. Just a scam.

Vent all you like to Sainsbury's but do not communicate with the scammer or any of the fake debt collectors or solicitors that will follow.

Just ignore totally - and check the letter chain sticky to see what to expect next. :)
  • bromsgrovebarry
    Options
    Debt collection agencies do not have power of siezure and can only make toothless threats. Ignore any threats about home visits and if you are getting phone calls, either put the phone on them or say that the debt is expressly denied and the agency should refer the matter back to their client. This is is nasty little scam that preys on the gullible and shame on Sainsburys for exposing their customers to this scam. We have all faced down these scammers and so we are not telling you to do something we have not done ourselves.
    Still waiting for Parking Eye to send the court summons! Make my day!
  • bessieblue
    Options
    Thank you all so much, not crying the poor game here but money is tight, so having this hanging over us is a reall nightmare , we tried phoning up Perth twice and there other number but it is a automated voice.
    My hubby wants to draft a letter to them. MANY THANKS TO ALL.
  • vax2002
    vax2002 Posts: 7,187 Forumite
    Options
    I dont think you have understood the advice, it was to ignore them, if hubby writes a letter they will put him on the hooked fish list.
    This is a scam that impersonates authority .
    from a legal prospective you have been given a invoice and the letter is an invitation to pay the private invoice.
    You do not legally owe this company any money so you can reject the invitation to pay the private unsolicited invoice
    All you have to do is nothing.
    The "fine" is not a fine and has no more legal standing than me fining you £60 for leaving your cat out .
    They will send bogus threats and scare letters including fake solicitors and fake debt collectors the letters will make fake threats of fake court action, again, all one big bluff, then go away.
    All you will do by ringing, contacting, writing is make them harass you more and more, you can not reason or explain, you can not win the argument or prove them wrong, it is a scam and every decision they make involves your money.
    There is no appeal , it is part of the scam.
    Please read the stickies and the advice again and this time take on board what is said, this is the best advice in the land from some of the foremost experts in private parking ticket defending.
    That advice is to IGNORE. 100% IGNORE
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • esmerobbo
    esmerobbo Posts: 4,979 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Save your stamp, you cant reason with these people. However there is nothing stopping you complaining to Sainsburys!
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,807 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 19 December 2011 at 8:06PM
    Options
    Thank you all so much, not crying the poor game here but money is tight, so having this hanging over us is a reall nightmare , we tried phoning up Perth twice and there other number but it is a automated voice.
    My hubby wants to draft a letter to them. MANY THANKS TO ALL.

I know the 'normal' thing to do would be to write but private parking companies are not from a normal industry - they are from a scam industry.

And the only reason their fake PCNs pretend there is an 'appeals procedure' is to gather information about who to harass and to make you feel like you have made an admission - and that they have some sort of power to make a decision.

They have no power. This is not a fine. IGNORE THEM.

Did you read the sticky threads yet at the top of the forum? All the usual debt collector letter-chains are there. Just play snap with the latest letter, you will almost certainly find it on that thread under one PPC or another. Just look for the links that mention that particular debt collector and click until you see 'your' letter.

And did you read 'welcome, please read before posting'? Please say you did, that's why it's there near the top of the forum, as a permanent sticky info thread...:p But if not then you will have missed the Watchdog clip linked there:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAIcdi9niHA

It's easy to ignore a fake PCN and the letters, once you have seen that clip.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • bessieblue
    Options
    Hi to everyone, this letter as made me feel sick in my stomach i do have ill health.
    My hubby sent off a letter refusing to pay. Sorry i did not read correctley the info sent by you all but i have read it all including what is on youtube.
    But can i say a great big thank you to everyone & i Wish You All A Merry Christmas.
  • vax2002
    vax2002 Posts: 7,187 Forumite
    Options
    My hubby sent off a letter refusing to pay. .

OH NO !
    He may have just landed himself in court, the correct advice was offered, I am sorry, but if you reject that advice, I can not offer any more assistance.
    You could not have made a bigger mistake if you had tried.
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • kevin_M
    kevin_M Posts: 551 Forumite
    Options
    Hi OP

Yes just ignore this letter. I have had a few in the past and trust me phoning them does nothing. They send it to a DCA which send letters but do nothing else.

I would not even waste the time replying.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure