We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

paying by UK evoucher????

Options
about to place an order on-line but payment methods are UK eVoucher, global eVoucher or paysafe card. has anyone every paid this way? not sure if this was right section. Any information greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Coopdivi
    Coopdivi Posts: 3,412 Forumite
    Options
    You're better off paying by credit card because those payment methods sound dodgy.

Have you got a link to the website?
  • jmacb
    jmacb Posts: 25 Forumite
    Options
    Coopdivi wrote: »
    You're better off paying by credit card because those payment methods sound dodgy.

Have you got a link to the website?

credit card not an option for payment. have looked on line for warnings about not using site, typed in sites name and scam but nothing bad has been found.. so far.
    the link is http://eu.buyitplayit.org/auxpage_payment/

what do you think?
  • llywmog
    Options
    i think it's dodgy. looking at 25 talbot street, belfast on google maps does not seem to show business fitting that description. could try phoning or emailing on of the companies nearby (you can see the name of the company at no 27 so a quick google of them should get you their contact details).
  • llywmog
    Options
    lol just checked out their payment page. the visa/mastercard option sounds to me like they'll send you an sms. not asking for your pin number by any chance?

still, if you do find they're legit, please im me as the prices are definitely good (if unbelievable)
  • jmacb
    Options
    llywmog wrote: »
    lol just checked out their payment page. the visa/mastercard option sounds to me like they'll send you an sms. not asking for your pin number by any chance?

still, if you do find they're legit, please im me as the prices are definitely good (if unbelievable)

no not asking for any bank details. I have emailed them to see if customs duty is to be paid for as no word of it on site. even then adding vat/custom still cheaper.
  • peterdoherty
    Options
    25 talbot st is a company that provides virtual offices.

total scam site-avoid
  • Coopdivi
    Coopdivi Posts: 3,412 Forumite
    Options
    Don't use them. They are not trustworthy.

As peterdoherty has said the Belfast address is just a virtual office. You can be anywhere in the world for one of those.
    Anything associated with Cyprus is dodgy.
    I could find no details of them when I typed their Canadian address into Google.

The Domain Registration details have been hidden behind a privacy service. The site was only registered on the 8th of June.

http://whois.domaintools.com/buyitplayit.org

The only ways of paying are by extremely untrustworthy methods whereby you have no means of tracing your money if, as seems likely, you don't receive your goods.

The prices are unfeasibly low. £268 for a 64Gb iPad2 !!!!!!?

Use this website at your peril.
  • jmacb
    Options
    Coopdivi wrote: »
    Don't use them. They are not trustworthy.

As peterdoherty has said the Belfast address is just a virtual office. You can be anywhere in the world for one of those.
    Anything associated with Cyprus is dodgy.
    I could find no details of them when I typed their Canadian address into Google.

The Domain Registration details have been hidden behind a privacy service. The site was only registered on the 8th of June.

http://whois.domaintools.com/buyitplayit.org

The only ways of paying are by extremely untrustworthy methods whereby you have no means of tracing your money if, as seems likely, you don't receive your goods.

The prices are unfeasibly low. £268 for a 64Gb iPad2 !!!!!!?

Use this website at your peril.

many thanks for your help.
    I was looking at the gps watches and thought they were ridiculously low hadn't seen the ipads!!! that would have just confirmed my thoughts of too good to be true.
    I must admit I was curious about the methods of payment as had never seen that type before.
    once again thanks for your help.
  • jmacb
    Options
    thanks everyone for your help. it's greatly appreciated, many thanks.
  • utopiandream
    Options
    http://buyitplayit.eu/ is on google shopping it looks like scam as lg dvd recorder dixons sell for £108 they offer for £46 ! and no visa/mastercard way to pay its got to be a scam
    write down & number competitions you do & youll see that your lucky if u win even 1 thing in 4000 ! ps if u find an error with a comp tell the site running the comp cheers
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport