Too stupid for ebay stories?

Options
Feel a rant coming on, so want to know your TSFE (too stupid for ebay) stories. Mine from today:

On my work's ebay account, listed a camera which was missing a charger. Said this on the title. Went on to say that the only problem was that the camera needed a charger, other than that it worked perfectly.

Got into work today to see an email asking (in text speak) if the only problem was that it needed a charger?

I hope to god they don't buy it...
"Beautiful young people are accidents of nature, But beautiful old people are works of art."
-- Eleanor Roosevelt

Comments

• chancesare_2
    Options
    Is this bigger than the one I have?

Size, weight, colour and capacity all outlined.
  • brettcta
    brettcta Posts: 4,693 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    item bought and paid for at 9pm monday
    email 10am tuesday demanding to know where her item was.

when pointed out that she might have the wrong item to complain about, stated that she only bought my item, nothing else and would be leaving a neg because she had been waiting too long.
    helpful tips
    it's spelt d-e-f-i-n-i-t-e-l-y
    there - 'in or at that place'
    their - 'owned by them'
    they're - 'they are'
    it's bought not brought (i just bought my chicken a suit from that new shop for £6.34)
  • Hollie84
    Hollie84 Posts: 2,428 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    lol seriously are these people for real.my buyers must have thought i was to stupid for ebay as they removed the postage costs and just paid for the item,yeah ok like i dont check my account,refunded and a new invoice sent out.hope they pay up
  • real1314
    real1314 Posts: 4,432 Forumite
    Options
    Feel a rant coming on, so want to know your TSFE (too stupid for ebay) stories. Mine from today:

On my work's ebay account, listed a camera which was missing a charger. Said this on the title. Went on to say that the only problem was that the camera needed a charger, other than that it worked perfectly.

Got into work today to see an email asking (in text speak) if the only problem was that it needed a charger?

If you've no charger, have you tested it to see if it's fully working?

They have simply confirmed that you assert that it is fully working, rather than "untested", imho.:cool:
  • loracan1
    loracan1 Posts: 2,287 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Woman in the same town won an auction, I mailed, giving her the option to pick it up to avoid (the rather expensive) postage charges. After I refused her request to deliver the item myself she sent me some story about how her dog had got out, ran into the road, got hit by a car, witnessed by her children, all of which meant she couldn't afford to buy it afterall.

Except...after checking her history, she'd bought and paid for an identical item the day after...didn't pull her up on it since I also noticed several items of a 'witch/spells' variety (and she was happy for me to file a NPB).
  • eyelinerprincess
    Options
    real1314 wrote: »
    If you've no charger, have you tested it to see if it's fully working?

They have simply confirmed that you assert that it is fully working, rather than "untested", imho.:cool:
    There is some charge in it, so it turns on, takes photos etc.
    "Beautiful young people are accidents of nature, But beautiful old people are works of art."
    -- Eleanor Roosevelt
  • hermum
    hermum Posts: 7,123 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options

If you think that they may be a nuisance, you can block them from bidding.
  • welshbookworm
    Options
    I had an email asking what colour was the black top?
    The best portion of your life will be the small, nameless moments you spend smiling with someone who matters to you.
  • hermum
    hermum Posts: 7,123 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I sold a display cabinet, all sizes given, "Will it fit under my stairs?" we decided that it would, then, "Could I put my stereo on it?"
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,310 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Mine from today on a rather white elephant of an item that I am desperate to sell. Due to desperation have described the widget entirely- everything is noted including the phrase this x comes with an X and an X fitted. My question was 'does it come with an X and X fitted?'
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure